question

max78 avatar image
max78 asked

Single phase ESS

I have a Multiplus 2 (Single phase ESS in a three-phase system).

And a Fronius Symo 3 phase Inverter (3kw).

And 1 Phase DC MPPT (1kw)

It’s running really great.

Is there an easy way to change the behavior of the ESS. I think Mode 3 with node red will work, but is very difficult to configure.

I like to have a max of 3kw to Grid at day (Total of all phases is a good option) with AC and DC-coupled PV - feed in excess

And at night there should not be any feed in to Grid. (Individual phase option works)

Thanks, Markus

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu answered ·

If you select keep battery charged it will not use the battery to feed to the grid when PV is not available.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I've potentially misunderstood the question/system but if you just have Limit grid export to 3kw in ESS then unless you've got another power source that works at night ie hydro/wind (and grid set point set to 0) you won't export during the night as you're not generating any power.

You can of course use Node red as you suggested to disable grid feed in ESS setting during the night but not sure what this will achieve given you wont have any sun in the night so wont export anything anyway.

2 |3000