question

aleksejs avatar image
aleksejs asked

ESS + Multipluss 2 daily losing 10% of inverter's power. I really need lost power back.

Hello. Repeated question about power losing in ESS + MPPT + Multipluss 2 + Cerbo GX.

I have 4Kw solar, 3.4Kw MPPT, 2.45Kw Multipluss.

Day by day, after 1-2 hours having full battery, system's power decreased by 10% from 2450w to 2100w. Restarting Cerbo restore power to 2450w for some period, but after few minutes it goes to 2100w. This is clearily seen in supplied graph:

pr1.png

Green arrow pointed to full power 2450w, red arrow to lowered power 2000-2100w with enougth of sun. Short power drops = Cerbo restarts. After last restart clearly seen power rise, then drop.

Cerbo F/W tested 2.94 and 3, All the system is :

pr2.png

How can I get full power from the system?

ESS
pr1.png (29.4 KiB)
pr2.png (28.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@AleksejS is the MPPT overheating? Temperature will affect the performance. Make sure it is well ventilated.

Could it be to do with the battery voltage, reducing the output of the MPPT when the battery reaches absorption regardless to the inverter operating and exporting the surplus? Protecting the battery/s from overvoltage maybe?

It could also be the Multiplus reducing the output of the inverter also due to temperature.

Several questions.

Where is the equipment located?

Do you have a system schematic?

Can you provide the setting of your system?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aleksejs avatar image
aleksejs answered ·

Hi, thank You for an answer. My system is extremely simple: MPPT 250/60 + 48 Lead battery + Cerbo ESS + Multipluss II 3000.

I was answered with possible problem's place - Inverters internal temperature.

As a temporary testing solution I uncovered Inverter's case and it helped operating at 100%. But as I do not want to keep Inverter opened, I think putting some additional ventilation will help. I see the most warm place - is transformer and I found temperature sensor is possibly located in it. I think about putting some ventilators at the top of the case to operate depending on transformer's temperature.

flir-20230520t164845.jpg

2 |3000