question

nosepipe avatar image
nosepipe asked

ESS LEDs meaning Mains On=Flash, Bulk=On, Inverter=On

Hi, I have just setup a MultiPlus II 48V | 5000VA | 70A with ESS assistant configured and it seems to work in terms of charging and discharging. However during discharging and feeding power back into my house via ACin the MP2 is showing [Mains On=Flash, Bulk=On, Inverter=On], looking this up in the Victron Toolkit app it states: "Feed-in with PV power - Bulk". The fact that the Mains On is flashing makes me think there is a problem and I need to take action to fix something but I can't find any detail on this mode/warning. I've read the ESS design manual and searched the forum but nothing is illuminating, I would appreciate if anyone can throw any light on this or point me to info on where I can find out more about this?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nosepipe

If there are no errors logging in VRM or in the notifications on the GX device, then there is no problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nosepipe avatar image
nosepipe answered ·

Ok, thank you for quick answer, I suspected that might be the case. It seems a bit annoying if the MP2 is designed such that the "normal" ESS state is a constantly flashing Mains On light, it's positioned on the wall in the hall area, but I guess I'm stuck with that unless anyone knows a way around it.

2 |3000

sunnyboy avatar image
sunnyboy answered ·

Hi nosepipe,

have my new ESS up since yesterday evening (EM24, Cerbo GX, Multi 2 48/3000/35-32, LiFePos 14,4kWh - old SMA PV on AC directly to grid connected) and it basically does what it should as far as I verified since then. No alarms visible anywhere. AC Out both not connected.

However - similar flashing of the "Mains On" while the Inverter is green providing at least a little bit of power (maybe above 100W). No flashing in case inverter is off/unloaded and Batteries are charged - here "Mains On" is solid lit. (Bulk is lit since connecting the fully loaded battery yesterday - no charge/discharge cycle yet completed of course. Have to monitor ...).

I also did not find any explanation so far beside your comment here - so I registered to let you know I have a similar (same?) issue.

Cerbo is on V2.92 updated. Multi is 2629492 and I did not attempt an upgrade yet. The 2629500 would be available.

I have 2 friends here also setting up new systems and I will contact them timely - at least one of the systems is setup rather similar.

Seems the inverter output somehow spoils AC causing the ACsupervision in the Multi to complain?

I come back if I have news.

Maybe others see that issue either?

Thanks + Regards from Munich,

Wolfgang

2 |3000

jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

I have exactly the same LED behaviour. Seems to be correct. At least also my system is working fine.

2 |3000