question

daniel-wolff avatar image
daniel-wolff asked

ESS with MultiPlus 12/800/35?

Hi,

I have a spare "MultiPlus 12/800/35" lying around.

For some installation which is planned to be installed during 2023 I have a "Venus GX" and also an energy meter "ET 340".

If I connect my MK3 programmer to the MultiPlus, I get the assistants for ESS but never tried it.

Has anyone already build up an ESS with a small MultiPlus 12/800 and knows if this would be possible?

Kind regards,

Daniel

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

These models are not suitable for ESS installations because they are not certified for grid parallel operation. They only have one relay in each of the live conductors at the AC input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Yes, it is possible and i know one running ESS with an 12/800/35. Works like the bigger ones but it is not recommended and the units are missing the redundant relais.

Jens

2 |3000

daniel-wolff avatar image
daniel-wolff answered ·

Thank you for your answers!

Even if it is not recommended, what are the possible issues with the missing redundant relais when using such a system?

My idea would be to start with my MultiPlus 12/800/35 and switch to a MultiPlus 48/5000/70 by mid/end of 2023. Therefore I could use all available parts now with the drawback of using a non-recommended system for a while.

Kind regards,

Daniel

2 |3000