question

wolfgang-huse avatar image
wolfgang-huse asked

How to block device /dev/ttyUSB3 from Venus ?

Hello, i want to run an serial device independent of Venus on my raspberry at /dev/ttyUSB3... however there is always a vedirect-interface service and gps-dbus service attaching to that port including multilog.

This interferes with my own software... is there a way to block that device?

#1 device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

> /opt/victronenergy/serial-starter/stop-tty.sh /dev/ttyUSB3

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Wolfgang Huse take a look at this link. Walks through creating rivers and also how to get serial-starter to ignore or utilise your driver. Note every time you update VenusOS you will have work to do to modify the files again.

2 |3000

wolfgang-huse answered ·

Thanks for that quick answer....!

Now i can continue to try to add my Truma Heater into Venus :D

2 |3000

wolfgang-huse answered ·

maybe i can even add my software to be managed by serial-starter ? sounds interesting... thanks for the link

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic