question

Marc Daoud avatar image
Marc Daoud asked

Changing ESS mode based on auxiliary input voltage

Hi,

I have a MP2 48/5000/70 with a CCGX. Is there is an assistant to change the ESS mode between "keep batteries charged" and "optimized with battery life" based on the auxiliary input 1 voltage (or any other signal) ?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

You can change the Battery Life Mode via Modbus , NodeRed or external Solutions based on different Signals ... BUT NOT with the Victron Soft / Hardware

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

neuer-user avatar image
neuer-user answered ·

I have the same problem, but do not find the correct settings for modbus TCP, MQTT nor NodeRed. E.g. in ModbusTCP there are many addresses for ESS, but none identical with the ESS mode setting in the remote console.

In modbusTCP I find two addresses that sound similar (but not identical):

ESS mode (Address 2902) : 1=ESS with Phase Compensation;2=ESS without phase compensation;3=Disabled/External Control
ESS BatteryLife state (Address 2900) : 0=Unused, BL disabled;1=Restarting;2=Self-consumption;3=Self-consumption;4=Self-consumption;5=Discharge disabled;6=Force charge;7=Sustain;9=Keep batteries charged;10=BL Disabled;11=BL Disabled (Low SoC)

So, what setting would I need to change in what way to switch to "Keep batteries charged" mode, and how to change back to "Optimized (with battery life)"?

2 |3000

neuer-user avatar image
neuer-user answered ·

Oh, just found out that there is an identical question also here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/154370/how-to-set-ess-mode-via-modbus.html

Seems there is no solution at the moment :-(

2 |3000