question

jago avatar image
jago asked

Multiplus 2 GX - Mqtt control in ESS Mode3 - no feedIn

Hello,

I use a Multiplus2GX with Firmware 485 and 2.80 -21 to build a controllable ESS with a pylontech US2000C. The hardware is installed and the commissioning has been done with a MK3 and VEConfigure. The grid code selection for germany and installing the ESS Assistant with respect to the pylontech limits and values was quiet easy...

The communication to the MP2GX is done locally (LAN) to the internal victron broker - the keepalive message is transfered periodically and can be adjusted based on the topics I need for controlling the unit. On the WebFrontend the name is set to ESS - and the ESS (menue) page is available; here I have selected "external" control to switch to ESS-Mode3.

I use the mqtt-explorer to debug the information I send to the MP2GX and compare the behavior of the unit with the CCGX-Modbus-EXCELL sheet (the 2.70 vesion).

Everything works fine - except the FeedIn...

I can set the system to Passthru writing a "1" to the /Hub4/DisableCharge and /Hub4/DisableFeedIn topics and charging the battery works fine if /Hub4/DisableCharge is "0" and /Hub4/DisableFeedIn is "1" - the amount of power, pushed to the battery is controlled via /Hub4/L1/AcPowerSetpoint with positive values > ACOut (Loads).

Switching to FeedIn (/Hub4/DisableCharge =1 and /Hub4/DisableFeedIn =0) and changing the /Hub4/L1/AcPowerSetpoint to "0" or a negative value, always leads to "Passthru"...

1634029381385.png

I have checked all limits, tried to use the CGwacs with Mode2 - I have downgraded to the 2.73 and tried to get the FeedIn running - no chance. It seems to me, that there is a deep adjustment I do not understand which disables/blocks the FeedIn to the grid...

Perhaps someone can give me a hint ;-) Ideas are welcome.

ESS
1634029381385.png (132.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jago avatar image
jago answered ·

I have got it:

/Hub4/DisableCharge =1 and /Hub4/DisableFeedIn =0 --> does not work

/Hub4/DisableCharge =0 and /Hub4/DisableFeedIn =0 --> booth has to be "0" to activate FeedIn

Now I have to think how to deal with the information, that this parameters are on a : "Deprecated path" and if I do understand it correctly, I should use /Settings/CGwacs/... instead...?

The CCGXX***.xlsx remaks different parameters for Mode2 and Mode3:

/AC/PowerLimit - for use in ESS mode 3

/Settings/Cgwacs/AcPowerSetPoint - ESS Mode 2 - Setpoint

Regards ;-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philippwacker79@gmail.com avatar image
philippwacker79@gmail.com answered ·

Did you find out more about this? I'm in the same boat, trying so manually change these settings

2 |3000