Does anybody know what the effect on one of these is if you take it over 80 amps? Is it going to damage it or will it just loose some accuracy? You can get the CTs round UK meter tails if you strip back the outer insulation of the double insulation (inside an enclosure!) but I do sometime take my connection up close to the 100 amp max.
On the topic of using the additional CT, particularly for something like a Heat Pump, wondering if we might get that on our favourite blue energy meters or are we expected to use Shelly now instead?
VRM is so improved in last few months for EV and Heat Pump and I’ve already 2 meters - I can add a third for heat pump if I have to but it’s quite a bit of extra space and cost.
Do you have any update on alternative sizes of CTs Guy?
I have bought a VM-3P75CT but having the same problem, that the CT clamps don’t fit over my meter tails. This is more of an issue now that ET112 are no longer available.
I believe VM-3P5A is going to be the device going forward that supports thicker tails
Thanks Daza! I hadn’t heard of the VM-3P5A.
“the new VM-3P5A is designed for use with standard 5A CTs, the industry-standard current transformer type”
Fingers crossed for a good price - given that you need to buy the CT clamps separately.
Yes a keen price would be good, but it really needs Victron to allow you to assign the CT’s to what you want ie single phase I would like to monitor grid PV and EV or just Heat pump EV and PV as the device is solely geared for three phase or just an expensive single phase device speaking of the price of the VM-3P75CT
I’m currently using one of these on L1 for a single phase install as I know I won’t be exceeding 80a
Unfortunately the issues that we have in the UK is our tails are normally 25mm double insulated meaning that CT won’t fit unfortunately, but the additional pricing of these CT’s would need this unit to be very well priced to even make it viable
It’s a 16mm diameter, and it fits uk double insulated tails coming from my smart UK meter just fine. It’s why I bought it.
Yeah very true seeing 25mm cable at 10mm plus diameter so yeah a good fit, is there any difference in reading as the Victron CT’s are said to be calibrated?
Not that I’ve noticed.