Reset PIN without PUK on MPPT 250/70

Hi,

I bought a tiny house with a MPPT 250/70 and can’t connect to the bluetooth. I tried 000000 as a PIN code and don’t have any PUK code.

I read the topics about reset but don’t have any button that fits.

I managed to connect to the local WiFi but didn’t find the way to reset the PIN code.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Nico

Is the BT PIN illegible on the sticker?

Is there no Victron documentation included with the supplied paperwork?

If not, contact a Victron representative directly with proof of ownership and the serial number.

Thank you for your help.

There is no sticker anywhere neither on the device nor the documentation.

The sticker should be on the side at the heatsink.

Can connecting direct via vedirect - usb be enough to reset device?
Or through cerbo gx if connected via can?

I don’t know, I don’t have the VE Direct cable. I’d like to know if it works before buying it..

The unit doesn’t have wifi, so whatever connected to the wifi, it wasn’t the solar controller.

Are you sure you have a SmartSolar 250/70 and not a BlueSolar 250/70? Smart has bluetooth, Blue does not, and many OEMs will use BlueSolar models to ensure that end-users don’t fiddle with the settings - thus why I ask, if the tiny home was built with the solar controller in place, very possible they used a BlueSolar.

You can access the unit via bluetooth using a VE.Direct Bluetooth Dongle regardless of whether it’s a SmartSolar or BlueSolar, though: https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-bluetooth-smart-dongle

You can change settings with the USB or Bluetooth dongle but you can’t reset the PIN of the internal BT.

If you can’t find the PIN/PUK on the device you can use this form to contact the responsible distributor.
The distributor should be able to get the PIN/PUK from Victron.
You might need to send a proof of ownership.
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-request
You need to enter the correct serial number in the form.