Expanding a MultiPlus-II GX with a MultiPlus-II without GX for a two-phase system

Hello everyone,

I have been running a MultiPlus-II GX with ESS storage for some time.

I would now like to expand the system with a MultiPlus-II without GX.

Both devices have the same firmware installed.

The system is detected in VictronConnect with two devices.

When selecting the system, I chose 2-phase with 120°.

However, when selecting the devices, only the MP-II without GX, with flashing LEDs, is suggested.

No matter what I select, the MP-II GX does not appear for phase selection.

After that, both devices start charging the battery at 3.5 kW.

The ESS is then no longer available in the Remote Console either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your suggestions

Do the devices have the same ID (e.g. 1234_A)?

The _A only matters for parallel systems.

Was the original multiplus reset to default using veflash?
You can’t just add a system, you need to start from scratch.

The hardware ID should be the same if you want/need to purchase an additional MP. Point out to the dealer that the corresponding device must be supplied. (This applies more to readers who are planning something similar.)

When expanding the system, you’ll need to reconfigure it, so save the settings of the running system before making the changes as a backup.

Back it up again after reconfiguring. What is currently set up? Photos?

Hello Nick,

No, it wasn’t reset.

Both devices are 2629_A.

There was already a 3000GX running, and then I added a 3000 without GX.

I tried again today before seeing your post. No success.

I currently have them configured in parallel, single-phase. I was able to set up the GX as the master.

I was able to install the ESS today. The system did not charge unintentionally at 3.5 kW.

I’ll keep working on it.

Did you disable the GX card when you connect your MK3 interface to your system to split phase?

There can only be one controller in VE.BUS network at the time.

Hello,

After a long time trying, I’m still getting nowhere.

I currently have a parallel system configured.

I suspect I have a wiring problem.

Should both Victrons be connected to AC In? Nothing is connected to AC Out. Correct?

Both devices are from the 2629A family.

1x $7A17AD29

1x $7A135321

Here is the schematic of my setup: