How can I turn on my inverter at a specific time of day?

Hi - Recently purchased a Phoenix 12/1200 Inverter to power a Dehumidifier.

The Inverter in Normal On mode - draws around 1AH in standby

If I switch to ECO - this drops conciderably - but it wont power the Dehumidifier.

I actually have a timer plugged into the output of the inverter - so the Dehumidifer is only active for a set period of the day.

However to conserve energy - why does Victron not change the APP so that when the Inverter is connected to a blue tooth dongle - you can automatically set a time when the inverter turns from OFF to ON…

That way I can save power except for say 5 minutes each side of my required Dehumidifer Set Time?

You already have the feature to turn ON / OFF / ECO in the APP… why not link it to a timer schedule?

Would be most helpful.

Because as of now I do not see a good way of saving energy for the 21 hours a day the Inverter is not used…

THANKS

Hi Simon.
Your Phoenix can’t tell the time.
But it should have a ‘Remote’ port, so you could switch it on with an external timer. Likely a different sort of timer to your existing one if you’re switching ac, but still possible. And when switched off should draw less current than eco mode.

Hi John

Yes I looked at that thinking I could use the 240V Output to trigger the On relay - but of course there is no 240 Volt output if its OFF…

I guess I would have to use either something off the van 12V - Have you any suggestions?

I am a Mechanical Eng not Electrical - but can probably figure something out.

But always happy to use something someone else has already proven.

I understand the Inverter does not know the Time - But the APP does…

But understand your concern where it wont communicate correctly if outside of Bluetooth range.

THANKS

@SimonAudi
you just need to use a 12v direct current timer and use its dry contact on the remote (to activate the inverter you need to bridge the remote input)

Timer 12V

THANKS

Will look for Similar on Amazon