question

ramblinglamb avatar image
ramblinglamb asked

ET112 + DTK DRF2659C + DTK DRF2658C ZIGBEE

Evening, There's little information on trouble shooting these devils.

I have a cerbo gx and an et112. Works perfectly using USB to RS485. However, I'm having no luck with the zigbee's.

1. Is there an alternative way to connect an energy meter wirelessly (another energy meter if necessary)? Modbus over TCP? I need 100amp energy meter.

2. What are the LED's meant to be doing in a setup that works. If it doesn't work out of the box, following the victron instructions... What can you do?

Many thanks for any help

Steve

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
info-6 avatar image
info-6 answered ·

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem.

Zigbee->USB: Active LED is solid blue, Tx/Rx LED does nothing (when pressing "function" button it blinks one, very briefly...

Zigbee->RS485: Active LED is flashing very fast, Tx/Rx LED does nothing, when pressing "Function" button three times, Rx/Tx starts blinking for a while, the stops.

So it does not work, as describes in short description and surely not "out of the box"

Does anyone has an idea?

Please to read :-)

BRGDS

Hartmut

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·
2 |3000

hsaman avatar image
hsaman answered ·

Hi there,

I am sorry to repeat my usb zigbee experience one time more in more recent flow.

I am recently playing with usb-zigbee(2658c) and 485-zigbee(2659c) module to work with victron venus OS and ET340 and no success that connection appears on venus. I have tried usb-zigbee connected to PC and use DTK configuration software, that works well, I was able to change usb-zigbee to coordinator and than I got solid activity led. After 3x push function key on 485 I get it both connected and both usb coordinator and 485 as router was visible on DTK software, with possibility to adjust any parameters described in DTK manuals. But I do not have any response from venus, except I can see usb by lsusb in terminal, but no communication? What should be main parameters of these two modules to be recognized by venus ?

Best Regards, Hynek

2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Have you set them up for the correct baud rate and router and coordinator mode for them to work?

As i use these all the time and they work perfectly. For all my clients hard to reach areas.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·
Hi

What would you like to know how to setup etc, do you have a USB programming tool?

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

atr45 avatar image
atr45 answered ·

Hi @Rob Duthie , Can you help me for the setting ? Coordinator mode for the DRF2858C & DRF2859C too ? 9600bauds ?

Regards from France

Davy

1 comment
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi Y

You need a RS485 to usb converter to program the units and the DTK software to program you can google it.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources