question

Rune Eilertsen avatar image
Rune Eilertsen asked

Smartshunt / bmv - calibration info in config file make problem for factory deployment..

Save a config for shunt we discovering has calibration settings together with config settings.

That meaning we can not make a master config to deploy on all other machines we fabricate. (But instead must type it in manual, with the chance of mistyping )

BMV Battery MonitorSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

hi @Rune Eilertsen, so! It turns out you were 100% correct. And a beta version of VictronConnect that fixes this is now available to field test. Planned for official release next week. There is a bit more to it, I’ll contact you latest next week since I have a few days out of office first.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Rune, I already heard back from the developer, and this was checked recently. It doesnt copy over the zero current calibration.

What makes you think it does?

Did you test it? Ie (mis)calibrate one shunt while a current is flowing, then save it, restore it to another smartshunt, and see that it messes that second one up.

8 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@Rune Eilertsen what makes you think that it does reset the zero calibration?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, very strange. My worker was say we have problem need to calibrate the zeropoint when use the backup config file. (Alwais..)

and he tested it 2 times, and it was correct before transfer the backup, and wrong after settingsfile was uploaded from backup.

then reset it to factory default. Manuel type in same settings,, then zerocalibration was ok.
i will make a test more. Can it be something with that specific backup file we was use as “master”?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Rune Eilertsen commented ·

Hi Rune, resetting the unit to defaults indeed also resets the zero calibration.

But the part I don't understand is why you'd have to do a Zero calibration in the first place.

That shouldn't be necessary at all. Not fresh out of the box, and not after copying settings left and right either.

We tried a couple here, from stock, all showing 0.00A. And still showing zero after resetting them to their defaults.

What are you seeing fresh out of the box?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

And one more question, which might explain whats happening here: what size SmartShunts is this about?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

2000 amp version.

0 Likes 0 ·

here is the proof where we tested a smartshunt and uploaded an config from another smartshunt and then you can see the zero calibration is no longer correct. Difference is over 11 ampere, 500 watt.

img-8358.png

img-8359.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-8358.png (538.8 KiB)
img-8359.png (531.4 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Rune Eilertsen commented ·

Dear @Rune Eilertsen, thank you. We're looking into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Rune Eilertsen, so!

It turns out you were 100% correct.

Beta version of VictronConnect which fixes this is available for field testing. Planned for official release next week. Thank you for your report and perseverance!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page