question

maidstein avatar image
maidstein asked

No bluetooth connection on LineageOS devices (Android alternative OS)

I can't establish no bluetooth connection between my SmartSolar MPPT 100|50 and any of my smart devices with the alternate android operating system LineageOS. On my smart devices I get no prompt to input bluetooth pin code.

Cant anybody explain and eliminate the reason for it?

(Android devices with a stock rom works fine.)

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @maidstein

We recently had a case where a different app was hijacking the bluetooth pairing request, preventing the default Android handling of showing the pin code dialog. Do you have the same apps running when running the stock rom and the LineageOS ROM.

Using the PC tool adb (https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/), running the command `adb shell dumpsys > dumpsys.txt` while trying to connect in VictronConnect, gives you a dumpsys.txt that gives some more information on what is happening with the PAIRING_REQUEST trigger and if it is blocked somewhere or not.

You can also post a VictronConnect service report here so we can check if VictronConnect is doing its normal thing to trigger a pairing request.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.