question

ford-donald avatar image
ford-donald asked

Enabling DVCC crashes VE.bus

When enabling DVCC, I see all active charging activity immediately stop and the VE.bus seems to lock up/crash. This is evident thru the Multiplus IIs (split phase pair) becoming unresponsive via Cerbo and eventually disappearing from the device list. Attempts to redetect or restart VE.bus fail.

Disabling DVCC and physically resetting the Multipluses is required to recover. No changes to how DVCC is configured seem to make a difference (toggling shared sensors on/off, limiting current/voltage, etc.) in this behavior. What could be causing this lock/crash state?

Solar inputs: dual SmartSolar 150/35s connected VE.direct to Cerbo
AC Shore input: disconnected (50a source) during this test
Inverters: Multiplus II 24v/3000s in split phase pair
Batteries: Dual 12v Epoch 460ah marine as 24v serial pair w/Victron comms connected to Cerbo
Environment: travel trailer

Shouldn't matter but I have the VE.bus diasy chain cabling as:
MPlus Line 2 - MPlus Line 1 - Cerbo GX - Digital Control

VE.BusDVCC
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Ford Donald

First are you enabling and disabling randomly? Usually it is set and forget besides toggling charge current or voltage capping.

Second firmware is all up to date correct

0 Likes 0 ·
ford-donald avatar image ford-donald Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I am enabling DVCC purposefully, when conditions are stable and a reliable source of PV energy is available, and batteries are mostly charged and balanced (but down a full volt or so from the set charge voltage target).

Second, yes, fully firmware patched.

screenshot-2024-05-12-at-111504am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers