question

dan-batt avatar image
dan-batt asked

Victron MPPT bulk blue light has started flashing and no charge?

I have checked all fuses, wiring connections, and clean the solar pane, and no change img-0033.jpeg

charger
img-0033.jpeg (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No battery voltage, check that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Have you clicked "why is the charger off?"

why-is-the-charger-off.png

That's usually a good place to start.

Also noting that your PV voltage is extremely low, and your battery voltage being 0 indicates that either it isn't connected, or there's a blown fuse or breaker, or if a lithium battery perhaps the BMS has shut off access to the battery, or something along those lines. Grab the multimeter and start checking everything! But first, still click "why is the charger off" as that will give you some preliminary information on why the charger is off.

2 |3000

dan-batt avatar image
dan-batt answered ·

Battery is showing 12.9v on the multi mete, and I checked the why the charges off video not much use. i have disconnected and reconnected same result.

geting 10.4v with the multi meter as above from the pv terminals, but the app is still showing the above on a bright sunny day.

also reset all external breakers and change and tested all fuses.

and still the same

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

10.4v from your panels won't charge a 12v battery in any case (note that the MPPT requires vBatt +5v to start charging, so you'd need a minimum of 17.9v from your solar), but that doesn't make sense of why the controller is reading 0v from your battery.
Post a photo or two of the controller in its installation, showing all connections, and we might be able to diagnose further.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic