question

philc avatar image
philc asked

Can I disable charging on my Quattro

I have an 24/8000/200 Quattro built in 2012 with the chip number 1943142. I am told it is too old to upgrade to use Assistants in VE configure but I need to Disable charging when the BMS sends a signal (many options on what type of signal). I can't see any settings that will allow this but surely this is possible? Has anyone else managed to do this? If so how?

I intend to use the Quattro to charge a lithium battery from a PV array then use the energy overnight. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

If the Charge controller has remote on/off you can wire that.

Alternatively, set the charge voltage ( float and absorb) to much lower ( say 1 V) than the max float voltage. Most lithiums are happy sitting at 95 %/90% SOC.

you can wire in a DC contactor or breaker as a fail safe which will open based on High volatge signal from BMV or BMS

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

There is a firmware available that supports assistants: 1943209.vff

2 |3000

philc avatar image
philc answered ·

Than you for your answers. I would really prefer to use the assistants so how do I get this to install? My contact told me this model is too old for supporting assistants so perhaps you could tell me where I can get the firmware?

Thank you

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You should be able to add a VE-BMS and use the control wire to directly connect to your BMS we do it all the time plus add the BMS assistant

Second option is maybe TRY a new main Processor board, I think and I maybe WRONG HERE is that the only real difference is the bigger processor chip, anyway it maybe worth a go depending on the board cost that is

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic