question

robster avatar image
robster asked

Multiplus II stuck in passthru & won’t discharge.

Hi All,

I have a Multiplus II which is using an Electrodacus SBMS0 as a bms.

When the Electrodacus senses a cell overvoltage it sends a signal to inhibit charging & an ess#3 is displayed on the remote console. My understanding is that charging would be inhibited, but it would be allowed.
Unfortunately the Myltiplus goes into passthru & won’t discharge until the ess#3 condition goes away.

Strangely, although the Color Control screen & equivalent Remote Console show ess#3, the remote dashboard shows ess#4 (discharge inhibited)

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

7eedaa28-4c74-411c-b688-4ab29ccd9013.png236ceedb-4482-493a-b54c-08712c664891.png

Multiplus-IIESSCCGX Color Controless discharging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dognose avatar image dognose commented ·

I've got this on my new battery as well. Yes, ESS will not discharge in Overvoltage situations.

I can only assume that this is to protect the inverter, because it's dc input range is exceeded.

You have to wait, until the batteries bms is reporting a voltage within range again. And then, avoid new overvoltage situations.

You can either do this by simply limiting the soc to 95%, or my manually lowering the maximum charge voltage. I did the second and figured out that the battery can reach 98% soc without going overvoltage. anything above will lead to a stuck situation.

It is unfortunately a physical thing, that the batteries voltage will spike, as soon as charging is stopped and it enters a load-free state.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers