Request for "Grid setpoint" widget

Hi there. I had a scroll through all the available widgets after seeing your “Victron Energy VRM Newsletter” of 11 Septembert 2026. I didn’t find what I was looking for.

The reason I installed batteries is to export to the grid overnight. I have two discrete systems: AC-coupled (11,235Wp - live PV export) and DC-coupled (4,500Wp - battery charge). At the start of the day, I ensure that battery export decreases as live PV export increases, and the same in the afternoon/evening. My single-phase household is limited to 5kW export maximum. In order to do this, each afternoon I:

  1. Look at current production from AC-coupled system
  2. Start the VRM app (if not at home) or go to webpage VRM Portal - Victron Energy. Set Grid setpoint to 5kW - PV export - 100W. This takes about a minute on the app for Android over the mobile network.
  3. This requires revision and updating every half hour or so until I go to bed.

I am currently in the process of engaging an electrical Engineer to look at my longer-term options, but in the meantime, a widget which would let me quickly set the “Grid setpoint” value would be extremely helpful. Cheers :+1:t3:

This is what nodered is for, you can automate the entire process. Many doing it already.

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s unlikely I’ll be able to do that, though. I hadn’t even heard of nodered until you mentioned it. :grimacing: