I’m experiencing a strange issue with my Victron system and I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this.
My setup consists of:
Cerbo GX
GX Touch
MultiPlus II
The issue is that turning the MultiPlus II on is unreliable. Whether I use the GX Touch locally or the VRM Portal, it’s quite common that the inverter doesn’t turn on on the first attempt.
Typically, this is what happens:
I press On.
Nothing happens, the inverter doesn’t start.
I press On again a few seconds later.
The inverter then starts normally.
This doesn’t happen every single time, but it happens often enough that I’ve noticed it as a recurring issue.
Since the behavior is identical from both the local GX Touch and VRM, I don’t think it’s related to my internet connection or VRM itself.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Is this a known Cerbo GX / VE.Bus communication issue, or could it indicate a hardware or firmware problem?
PS. everything is up to date.
Any suggestions on what to check would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My firmware version is: 3.75 (will update it now if there is an update)
And sorry for not replying earlier, since it’s summer I never had to turn off my inverter to safe on power, but now I do.
The issue is still persisting.
I made a quick little video showing you what happens when I do it from the browser
The video immediately starts with me having to confirm the ON action. (quickly pause the video in the beginning)
When I click Confirm. Nothing happens for a while and then it goes back to the OFF position by itself. (nothing happens to the inverter, only in the browser)
When I click ON and Confirm for the second time, the inverter switches on.
I almost never use the Victron screen to turn it on because it’s in a different location but I believe it happens on the screen too.
I have exactly the same problem and it has been this way for many months regardless of the software version. I am currently running 3.80 (updated yesterday).
My steps are exactly how Niels Livey mentions it above.
Typically I press on, nothing happens, then I press on again and the inverter turns on. It does not happen every time but enough times to be quite annoying.
We have the identical set up in our caravan and that turns the inverter on instantly every time.
Same here. MP 12/3000/120-50 120V running v556, and Cerbo GX mk2 v3.75 and now v3.81. It does it nearly every time, but turning off is reliable the first press.