Multiplus 1 - 12/3000-120 no lights

I have an older Multiplus 1 - 12/3000-120 that has been working, in a boat. Its cramped in there.

Down in the boat, since summer couple of days ago, the starter battery has a drainage, so I need to charge every 14 day period. Inserted shore power as usual, Rotary cam switch with you can choose generator or shore power lights up on shore power.

Multiplus on the other hand, is no lights.

  • I can hear the sound when clicking on “inverter” and off and “charger” but no lights come.

  • No pass thru of power.

Connected to PC with the USB to Multiplus, it now lights up on inverter. NOT on charger, and charger does not work.

In VictronConnect, it says not float or absorb on the front screen, it says “Off”. AC Out is 0w. AC in is 16A.

Ive tried to update firmware to the Multiplus. I have no other control other than a Victron Shunt.

400A lithium (4 x 100A) that is 98% charged, Victron Multiplus shunt, 180A lead-battery with 11,95-12.0v and 1 off 100A lead battery in front, batteries are connected to a Quick ESC charging seperator.

I have Ohmed the main fuse, its hows 0,00 as working.

Please post detailed information and, if possible, photos of the installation!

The MP’s battery protection was probably triggered; the settings are likely to have been reset after your update attempt. The MP needs to be reprogrammed.

I mean, its no lights on. I updated the firmware and restored settings after firmware update.

Still the same after firmware update. I can re-set to factory defaults, will this help?

No photos are needed. It was working and all good in years before this. Not using the thing i 2-3 weeks and suddenly its bad?

Having the charger go bad is one thing, but its not passing thru 220v either.

How was this switched off? Via the Cerbo?

I have no Cerbo.

It was not switch off either. It has been on “Charge only” with the three way switch. When I connect the shore power, it goes to charging.

Well, its supposed to be.

Since the battery was so low in charge, I will swap out the battery. But the lights should be working either way.

Reset it once more and take another look at the settings. These kinds of effects can occur, especially when functions have been merged and/or something went wrong in the update.