question

bulraydin avatar image
bulraydin asked

Cerbo GX 153 error no:3 : name resolution

We have Cerbo GX connected over Wifi to internet. There is no problem connecting to remote console, so two-way communication works. however Cerbo has problem to contact vrm portal. it gives 153 error.

Whenever we reboot the device it reconnects again with the vrm portal, but after a few minutes it gives again the 153 error.

where to look for solution ?

ekran-resmi-2022-03-13-203502.png

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bulraydin

In the troubleshooting section for connections it says this: -

Error #153 Connection problem, and then specifically an SSL related issue, such as in below screenshot: check the date and time setting of the Gx Device, and also the time zone. And check that your router router is not showing a special disclaimer, login or acceptance page, like often seen in airports, hotels and other public wifi.

b0942edf-b59c-4054-b503-a42b629ed103.jpg

There are a few posts like this one, that may have some other ideas. You can use the search bar type in #153

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bulraydin avatar image bulraydin commented ·
Hi @Alexandra many thanks , I have posted this question after reading all 153 related posts, only in one of them was the error similar to mine, it was not clear to me how it was solved. I would be glad if anyone can give an idea
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bulraydin commented ·

@bulraydin

Are you only connected to one access point? Or are you mobile.

There seems to be two main causes. Either the tine on the GX is incorrect. Or there is some kind of conflict on the router you are trying to connect to.

0 Likes 0 ·
bulraydin avatar image
bulraydin answered ·
The problem now seems to be solved, after I disabled the Secure connection option on the Cerbo VRM setting. since I did that the data is being transferred without interruption.
2 |3000

Kevin Kreisa avatar image
Kevin Kreisa answered ·

I am having this issue and it’s random and frustrating! I thought it was internet related. But now I have better internet (on it now). It will sometimes log in and be fine but then will stop for no apparent reasons and the WiFi is showing connection. I’m v 3.0 (2.83 and 2.87 also did this). For clarification I’m having the same problem 153 error specifically no 3 temporary failure in name resolution. Appreciate the feedback (the system used to be 100% fine for whatever it’s worth)

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@DTRguy
It will still be a local routing related issue.

You can set reboot on no contact then the error can clear itself. Possibly since you say it is intermittent.

You can disable https and see if that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Kreisa avatar image Kevin Kreisa Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Can you give me more details or information? Because I can truly tell you I’ve done everything I know to do. I have toggled the HTTPS security, I’ve rebooted, I have power cycled, I’ve even run a hardline LAN to get connection. I’ve added a Bluetooth dongle (seemingly fixed the issue with Ruuvi tags and the connection was still good to the router). I have indication that it’s connected to the router via WiFi. Appreciate the assistance
0 Likes 0 ·
rgthilo avatar image rgthilo Kevin Kreisa commented ·
@Kevin Kreisa Did you manage to get this resolved? I'm having this same issue and have tried all the same tactics.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Kreisa avatar image
Kevin Kreisa answered ·

As it turns out it was likely a weak internet connection. I changed providers and my connection is stable and good. I did add a WiFi dongle to help with onboard connectivity to cerbo as well

1 comment
2 |3000

davebiggun204 avatar image davebiggun204 commented ·
Which dongle did you find successful?
0 Likes 0 ·