question

stucel avatar image
stucel asked

Simultaneous display of SmartShunt and JK-BMS in VRM dashboard

Hello, please experienced advice. I have an incompatible REVO VM II hybrid inverter, so nothing from Victron. To monitor the battery I use a SmartShunt 500 and at the same time a JK-BMS (via dbus-serialbattery) connected to the CERBO GX.I can see everything on REMOTE CONSOLE, but I only have SmartShunt or JK-BMS on VRM. I would need to get a SmartShunt there as a controller and a JK-BMS some control data for display only. I couldn't find anywhere how to do this. I only found an option when some inverter is connected to load into the VRM configuration (Victron only) Does anyone know of a solution? Something like connecting a virtual device and sending it parameters from the JK-BMS.Thanks for the advice.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can only chart this with advanced widgets. The dashboard will only show what is configured as the battery monitor, so it's one or the other.

Be aware, that without a victron inverter the dashboard may also not display correctly, as VRM currently needs a supported inverter to properly render some dashboard data.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@stucel

You can go to settings - system setup - battery measurements - see the three listed and mark them as visible.

Caveat i do have a victron inverter.

1000038144.jpg

1000038144.jpg (154.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

It will appear like this - bmv is my main monitor. One redacted is the Jkbms. (Sorry custom name gives up information.) My set up is not a supported just as a warning to anyone else reading this information with the mixed batteries.

I also have a custom chart in advanced as @nickdb suggested, to see all the SOCs in one place.

1000038143.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1000038143.jpg (165.8 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

...1000038146.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
1000038146.jpg (144.0 KiB)
stucel avatar image
stucel answered ·

To Alexandra: I have Jk-BMS in the device-list, but it does not appear in Battery measurements - I only have SmartShunt there. How to do it?

2 |3000

stucel avatar image
stucel answered ·

I have already managed to make the JK-BMS visible in the VRM dashboard. Thank you Paul

2 |3000