question

philfine avatar image
philfine asked

Grid comsumption is reported incorrectly in VRM (3 phases, single multi on L1)

Hi everyone,

Have 3 phase grid connection, and a multi connected to L1. A 3phase CG as a meter at the input.

For the production I have 8 panels, connected in AC 4 in L1 and other 4 in L2, with a 3phase meter measuring PV.

b.png

a.png

All works well, except the consumption charts in VRM.

ESS is configured to total the 3 phases. And VRM grid totals and consumption immediate values seem accurate.

All seems well, except the plotted charts that seem to take care of the individual phases to compute consumption, i.e. when I have solar production, usually L2 is sending out the grid and L1 to compensate is taking from the grid. The reported charts show as if the consumption from L1 is actual consumption from the grid.

Take this chart as example:

1714482651584.png

This is the solar production graph. The total solar production is accurate, but the destination of energy produced is a total lied in respect what is relevant. I am not actual wasting any power.

Worst then this is the grid consumption chart:

1714482816275.png

How can I be taking from the grid in the times where solar is available.

What am I doing wrong? Can this be properly configured?

This is a real problem since it also affects the actual consumption forecasting which is an essential part to do Dynamic ESS.

Looking forward to your feedback and questions/answers.

Thanks !

ESSVRM
1714482651584.png (13.4 KiB)
1714482816275.png (13.5 KiB)
a.png (60.8 KiB)
b.png (34.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philfine avatar image
philfine answered ·

I have exactly ET340. :)

I guess that post describes precisely what I find. Lets just say that I can interface with the ET340 and act like a man in the middle to compute those accumulated values too. Do you know precisely what extra needs to be reported to the system. Maybe I can check the drivers for EM24 to find some clues.

Thanks a lot ;)

2 |3000