question

tittiger avatar image
tittiger asked

Has Victor on considered adding a monitor alarm on the phone app?

I have noticed that the Victron monitor alarm way back in the bedroom it is not Audible so I am wondering why victron has not added an alarm to the phone app that will go off that I can hear? Bluetooth connects to the bedroom battery monitor so if the phone app had an alarm on it I would hear it.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@tittiger

Chances are if you are out of earshot of the audible alarm, Bluetooth range has been exceeded.

For the most part the VRM is for remote monitoring and that has push notifications. If you have a GX (and some other products) then you can use the relays to trigger the sound from a much larger alarm if only local is wanted/needed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The BMV also has a relay that can be used to trigger a louder buzzer and/or light in case of an alarm.

VictronConnect and the smart devices are not designed to have a permanent connection and because of that it's not possible to have an alarm on you phone via Bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·