question

jacom avatar image
jacom asked

Multiplus firmware update blocks VictronConnect

Multiplus 12/800/35-16, 2022

Hi, After some time, I switched on my Multiplus, connected to it using the Victron app on my iPhone. The app asked to update the Multiplus firmware, I said yes and it began updating. Finished succesfully and functioning. After that, I wanted to change a setting in my Multiplus using my laptop and now VictronConnect complains that the Multiplus has a manual firmware update which is unsupported by VictronConnect. I have the latest version of VictronConnect (6.04). What should I do to fix this/to be able to change my Multiplus settings? Thanks in advance. (no help from Victron or my online supplier…)

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Firstly, don't update firmware just because there is a new version. Updates are not mandatory and should only be done on a working system if you are fixing an issue or need new functionality.

Updates can introduce problems.

The latest version is 6.05.

I believe this resolves the issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
And dont forget to reprogram the inverter afterwards.
0 Likes 0 ·