question

Kevin Kreisa avatar image
Kevin Kreisa asked

153 Error with a twist

I have had a 153 error before that was solved by getting a more stable internet system provider. At some point after my system bricked likely as a result of power failure during an update it white screened. I replaced the cerbo with a new one and it was connected to the internet and VRM. I tried to reinstall Guimods… since then the system has not been able to connect to internet. I’ve considered doing a full cerbo reset as I’m completely baffled at this point. I have a WiFi dongle with good results, used an Ethernet cable, and the internet is fast (I’m on it now). Cerbo says connected to WiFi but will not connect to VRM. I had two installations (previous Cerbo and new) I tried there to do the correct thing and swap installation information. But still nothing. Lastly I delete installation to start fresh. Now it can’t see anything. Again as it seems the cerbo not connected to internet. What am I missing? What should I try?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kevin Kreisa

Bricked cerbo is not possible. You can reflash them from boot and an SD. I have recovered form alot of bad code like that. The white screen is a common problem with mod loaders.

How much of the troubleshooting section of the manual have you worked through?

153 is a routing problem so not VRM related but ISP. Have you tried with https switched off?

What is the whole message related to the 153?

If it is logging (also seen under the vrm in settings menu). Then it can be registered.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Kreisa avatar image Kevin Kreisa commented ·
I’m apparently not savvy enough regarding the white screen and I was instructed to send the cerbo in to my supplier for a replacement. I’ve read a good bit of the troubleshooting but will delve in more. As far as the error messages it also has error 3 can’t resolve name (I think) I’m now away from it so I can’t remember or look. I have an SD card installed and it’s saving logs but the unit seems to have no ability to access internet for updates or anything. I have tried switching off HTTPS. It clears error then comes back. I believe that there is something stupid I’m missing, and related to my attempt to load guimods (which wouldn’t load).
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Kreisa avatar image Kevin Kreisa commented ·
I have read and understand the troubleshooting guide. Is there anything else in the cerbo that would prevent connection to the internet? I have zero issue with the internet with any other device on the boat. Since it was trying to upload Guimods should I do a factory reset to the cerbo to get it back to how it was when I first received it? It connected to the VRM fine then. Appreciate any advice you might have!
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Kevin Kreisa commented ·
A factory reset makes sense at this point.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Kreisa avatar image
Kevin Kreisa answered ·

Problem semi solved (this problem anyway). I had issues with my MikroTik Hap AC lite apparently. It was seeming to allow internet access via my phone (I think) but not any other device. After swapping to my travel router everything was fine so Alexandra was correct it was indeed a routing issue. Now I have to figure out what is the deal there or if I stay on my slate unit.

2 |3000