question

Scott Derrick avatar image
Scott Derrick asked

Odd readings in cerbo gx.

New installation, lynx shunt, (20) lynx distributor, Multi II, (2) MPPT controllers, Orion 24-12 converter, Cerbo GX

I have two issues,

1) With no loads I show a negative dc load of 7-12 watts?

2) When I put n ac load (shop vac) on, I see the expected AC load but I also see a 30-40 watt dc load? Once the Ac load is removed the dc load goes back to that odd negative load.

Here is a link to a video showing the odd ac/dc load

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eht5Bvwp2hcoQxjn-yFVrbJNuK0nOmc-/view?usp=drive_link

picture of installation

1715645342229.jpeg

system status on cerbo gx
1715645342229.jpeg (7.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Without a shunt on your dc load, the system just gives an estimate of your dc load, so looks normal to me

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The system just estimates the load, it is not measured, so the idle draw etc all gets lumped into "DC load" and will fluctuate as loads come and go.

It is also inaccurate measuring at low power levels.

This has been asked and answered many times on this forum, plenty of previous topics available via search.

I hope there is some airflow for that install, from the pic, none of the components seem to have the required spacing so that can limit performance.

2 comments
2 |3000

Scott Derrick avatar image Scott Derrick commented ·
There is quite a few lightning holes upper and lower for air to flow through.

I was thinking of monitoring the temp inside the elect utiltiy box with the Cerbo. Can I use the probe sent with the multiplus for that?

thanks,

Scott

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell Scott Derrick commented ·

Yes, they both use the same temperature sensor, type ASS000001000.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic