question

Stefan Kalin avatar image
Stefan Kalin asked

EV Charger NS charging not starting / relais not hearable

Hello,

I bought a new EV Charger (NS).

Installation and integration into VRM worked fine.

First Car (Tesla Y) was not recognized - after CP calibration it showed of as connected. When hitting "Start" button status changes to "Starting" and then to "Charged" without sending power to the car (Car error: no power available).

There is also no clicking of the relay/contactor hearable.

FW Update and several new CP calibrations aren´t changing anything. Also a full reset to factory settings brings no change in the behavior. 2 different cables tested.

On the same installation with 2 different Typ2 cables a Fronius Wattpilot is working fine.

Any ideas what can still be tried? @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) any ideas?

BR,

Stefan

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, can you perform a measurement please? Can you measure the DC voltage between CP and PE on the charging connector? 1709709297712.png

1709709297712.png (40.0 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefan Kalin avatar image Stefan Kalin commented ·

Hi Lucian, thanks for your answer.

In the mean time the charger is on the way back for troubleshooting to my reseller. But just in the case they do not find anything what ist the expected voltage between PE and CP?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Stefan Kalin commented ·
12V should be

1 Like 1 ·
Stefan Kalin avatar image Stefan Kalin Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I ordered a second charger and unlucky as I am it had the same issues as with the first one.

I didn´t want to wait again for 5 weeks so I first measured DC voltage between CP and PE as suggested by @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) -> I measured 0V not 12V.

So I unboxed the charger and found the issue. The white cable leading to the Mennekes connector was attached to GND instead of CP (see picture).

After correcting this everything works great.

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) could you feedback to factory to avoid such little mistakes.

BR, Stefan

The picture is showing already the corrected version!!!!

img-0666.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0666.jpg (1.4 MiB)
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Stefan Kalin commented ·
Can I have the SN? You are very unlucky it seems :) I saw 3–4 cases like this and 2 are from you. Sorry for this issue!
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefan Kalin avatar image Stefan Kalin Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

SN: HQ2309Q6AJA

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefan Kalin avatar image
Stefan Kalin answered ·

In the mean time the EVCS was replaced, hence there was a defect (unfortunately I wasn´t told which one).

Now every thing works great - even 1 <-> 3 phases switching via Beta FW.

2 |3000