VEConfigure 3 Image

VEConfigure 3

how do i use ve configure with a mac?

i am trying to connect to a multiplus to use ve config tools using a mac(not windows) i have downloaded wine bottler and have the software installed and it seems to run fine but when i try to connect using auto detect it cannot connect? any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers, stuart

stuart asked
rmaddy answered ·

9 Answers

Setting up assistants in VE Configure

Hi,

I have installed a grid-connected PV system (but not feeding back in to the grid), with battery storage and ESS, for a mix of back-up and self-consumption.

I am using multiple instances of the Programmable Relay Assistant to control water heating via the MultiPlus' secondary programmable relay K1, by:

• turning it on when insolation rises to a certain level (measured via a small PV panel's output current feeding a Schmidt trigger, which in turn drives a MultiPlus Aux input) AND AC load below a certain level AND SOC above a certain level, and
  • turning it off when any one of the three parameters reverses to a lower / higher value (i.e. with hysteresis).

One particular question is about AND / OR logic - it appears to me that:

1. when more than one condition is set in the one assistant, then it uses AND logic, and
  2. to implement OR logic, it is necessary to use multiple instances, each with one condition.

Can anyone confirm from experience or product info', that these are correct?

I understand that the order the Assistants are listed in, in VE Configure, affects how they operate, and that those lower in the list 'override' those higher in the list. I found that my system works approximately as I want when the 'switch on' Assistant is at the top of the list. If I move it to the bottom of the list however, then the K1 relay appears to remain on permanently, irrespective of inputs, and I don't know why that should be.

I'd be grateful for any more specific / exact information about how the ordering of the Assistants functions.

When I tested control using either one of the Aux 1 input or AC load (one at a time only), they behaved perfectly, including with the delay times. However, when I combined the two in one 'turn-on' Assistant, it then appeared to ignore the delay times, and switch on instantly when both conditions were met. Any ideas about what might have caused that?

Finally, with all three inputs combined in one 'turn-on' assistant, with 'AC load lower than 1250W', I had it switching on when AC load was still around 2500W, so either it is not actually AND-ing the inputs, or the parameter is not working correctly.

Does anyone have information about exactly what the 'AC load' parameter reads?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce A. asked
Rob Duthie edited ·

3 Answers

VEConfigure Compatible with What?

I've got a cerboGX, Multiplus 48/5000/70, and SmartSolar 250/100

Can I configure my system via the software, VE Configure? (The first page of the manual makes it sound like the program is only compatible with certain Phoenix inverters and nothing else). If so, what accessory cable do I need to connect to my laptop if I want to do everything without internet access or bluetooth?

agroventuresperu asked
agroventuresperu commented ·

3 Answers

can i configure my old dual Pheonix Multiplus 24/3000/70 inverter charger to charge Lithium Battery

Hi Newbie to this and forums in general.

I have an old generation Phoenix Multiplus 24/3000/70 dual or daisy chained charger inverter system on our boat. We have used it with 10x250AH lead acid batteries configured for 24VDC. I want to change these for lithium and want to know if i can get the inverter charger programmed to charge the lithium batteries. I am also looking at purchasing an electrodacus SMS0 in support of it if that helps in answering the question?

BR

Guy

guy-odell asked
guy-odell commented ·

0 Answers

How to configure, control, and monitor Victron equipment?

Is this a reasonable graphic showing how to configure, control, and monitor Victron equipment?

Victron Configuration, Control, Monitoring Logic.pdf

tpbradysr asked
rslifkin commented ·

6 Answers

Settings for Fusion Batteries?

I've got a 24V set of Fusion Traction for a my offgrid house in WA

7PzB525H Lead Acid 2v

I understand its a 27V float

What about Absorption, max Time, Equalization

My understanding is these batteries require no top up even though the cap comes off??

Am trying to get a hold of Fusion directly, but there is no answer and the email doesn't work

Are they still operating

Many thanks

onrbikes asked
Fahad Khan answered ·

2 Answers

Remote VEConfigure & Firmware update missing

Hi there,

One of my systems is not displaying the VEConfigure & Firmware Update buttons as well as reporting limited information of the Venus GX as shown below. Do you know the reason?

[image]

[image]

Salvador Piquer asked
vicrvusr commented ·

3 Answers

What is the minimum Input Current Limit?

What is the minimum input current limit for Quattro?

Setting it on VEconfigure allows me to set it as low as I want. However, the input current limit won't go below 10.5 on the Colour Control.

It needs to be set lower as the customer only has a small generator. How do I do this?

mick-finch asked
jpasop (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

1 Answer

Error installing VE config

I am installing VE Config for the first time on a an older windows Toughbook with windows 7 operating system which I run as it is compatible with some older Navigation software I have on the machine.

The error I am getting with installing VE confi is:

Fatal error:
Cannot find VERSION.DATfile!

I am a mac user so not sure if its a windows thing or and issue with VE Config

Thoughts on this appreciated. thanks in advance.

Thx

brasstacks asked

0 Answers

Configuration of the MultiPlus 3000 to allow AC load only when plugged to shoreline.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the MultiPlus 3000 can be configured to allow the ac load only when plugged to shoreline? I want to make sure that my ac load is only working when I am on shoreline, and save the lithium house batteries for the dc load.

Thanks

esam asked
Mark commented ·

1 Answer

Remote VEConfigure won't upload.

I can download my Multiplus config through VRM and edit it in VEConfigure. But when I try to close VEC to upload the new settings it insists that a Grid Code is needed, although the Grid setting is 'No...'. So I can't alter the Multi. Any suggestions?

This only started recently and the only change might be a firmware upgrade.

MultiPlus 24/3000/70-16, firmware 401
VEConfigure 90.04.223

Pete

pmilne asked
pmilne answered ·

2 Answers

Why is my Multiplus control board with 1908xxx firmware acting as inverter?

I recently bought a Multiplus control print of a Victron Multiplus 12/2000/80 and want to use it in the same Multiplus of which the control print is broken.

But when I connect it and want to set it with an MK3 with the VE config software, it shows that it is an inverter 'Phoenix Inverter 12/2000' while the firmware in the chip is version 1908159, see screenshot;

[image]

From the document 'VEBus firmware numbers' I read that firmware starting with 1908 is a 'MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 / 80-30' version. What do I have to set / configure to make the control board function as a Multiplus again?

Thank you

topper asked
topper commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Compact no communication through VE. Bus

Hi,

I've been trying to configure a parallel system with 2x Multi Compact 12/2000/80.

But cannot communicate at all with one particular unit. I've been able to configure the other unit using a MK3-USB & Victron Connect software. I was able to update the firmware to 2608481.

I cannot connect to the other using the same setup (pc, patch cable, MK3, Connect software.) In connect it recognizes the MK3 and tries to retrieve the data from the multi - this fails to connect and the "Force Detection" button also fails to connect.

I have tried VE.Config to connect but this also fails. I have downloaded the firmware and also tried to force it to update using VE.Flash & this fails to connect as well. - As far as I am aware the firmware currently on the unit is 2608430.

I tried to use VE. Bus Quick configure to setup the parallel system, the program recognized the first unit as the master, recognized the second unit as the slave but was not successful because of the difference in firmware. Any ideas on where I can get version 2608430 would be helpful, then I can try VE. Bus quick configure with matching firmware numbers.

To ensure the equipment was not at fault I have now managed to try 4 different PC's & several different patch cables.

I'm resisting having to take the unit out and returning to the supplier until I know I've done everything possible.

Any help/things I haven't thought of would be appreciated.

tg1 asked
tg1 commented ·

1 Answer

Can I change the Quattro AC OUT 2 Time delay?

Is it possible to change the delay which it takes for AC out 2 to go live?

I have contactors which are being driven by AC OUT 2, but when the grid or generator input is live (after a mains failure or return) it takes around 2 and a half minutes for AC2 to go live, and hence close the contactors... Is there any way to change this to 30 seconds for instance?

ewalderasmus asked
harold commented ·

3 Answers

Phoenix Multi Plus 12/3000/120 laptop connection issue

Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to connect to the above inverter/charger as it‘s an older model it seems I may need a different interface. I currently have the MK3 USB one which doesn’t want to work with this unit. I’m using VE Configure 3 and can connect to the newer multi plus’ no problem. It doesn‘t matter which one of the ethernet ports I plug into, it just wont connect.

I need to modify the charge and float voltages and using those buttons really isn’t straight forward when you‘re not used to doing it, hence laptop and being able to see the actual values is best here.

Client doesn’t have the manual and I’ve tried downloading it from this site but I can’t seem to find the right one.
It has another two sockets which could be VE. Direct but they are black and VE. Direct are usually white.

It also has a remote panel which I unplugged incase this was causing any issues...hence that unplugged RJ45 blue cable.

[image]

I’ll attach a couple of photos as it‘s better for you guys and girls to see the PCB.

Huge thanks.

[image]

metal-snapper asked
bruces edited ·

2 Answers

VE.Bus on old Phoenix Multiplus family group 18, possible?

Hi,

I have an old Phoenix Multiplus 24/3000/70 with family group 18 according to the documentation. Microcontroller sticker says "1812144.HEX". Is there a way to upgrade the firmware to a newer version that supports VE.Bus? I know the microcontroller is not compatible with firmware version 4xxx and newer.

I have a MK3-USB.

asbjoern85 asked
asbjoern85 commented ·

1 Answer

Problem with VE Configure & VRM configure - "Can only upload .rvsc or .rvms FILE" error

Good day to all. I am fighting since 3 days and do not understand what the problem i have can be .I use a new (but old !) laptop PC to make changes on VE Config to our system. I have downloaded all the VE config data from Victron website . I cannot change my configurations ; neither via VRM, nor with MK3 adaptor .

- When via VRM, I can access the installation, change all settings . I can download the existing settings, save them . When I want to upload the new settings , I get the error message saying : "YOU CAN UPLOAD ONLY A SINGLE .rvsc or .rvms FILE " ??

- When via hardware (MK3 ) , it never finds the port . I have the proper cables from Victron and had done it many times in the past, so quite familiar with how it should go ?

There is probably something wrong, but I can't find what .

Anybody having the great idea to help me solve this problem ?

Thanks and regards

Herve RV Nizard asked
Herve RV Nizard commented ·

3 Answers

VEconfigure3 isn't working with my MK2 adapter?

Why can't I find veconfigure2.exe on the internet? My old Multiplus and my MK 2b interface only works with that software version - despite Victron telling me veconfigure 3 will work!!!!! I need to renew the old software which has worked for the last 15 years after my computer crashed.

sailinglegend asked
Matthias Lange - DE edited ·

3 Answers

Connection issues with MK3 and laptop

Trying to use the Config software with the MK3 USB connection. I have downloaded the drivers to my laptop but I don't think they are installed correctly. I can't get past the finding a com port, the software times out and just gives me a help box. I know the MK3 is working as well as the RJ45 cable because if I connect it to my cerbo GX the Multiplus appears on the color control 50 display.

Can I set the charging currents any other way or is this the only way to set the Multiplus up for my new Battle Born batteries ?

groveb asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

2 Answers

Veconfigure difficulties

I would appreciate some assistance or feed back on VeConfigure . I don't know if I am the only one but I am experiencing difficulties to configure each time I try to. This week only , 3 times on 3 different installations with 2 different laptop PC and trying with 2 different MK3/USB adaptors and 3 different Victron RJ45 cables. I may be doing something wrong ?

This is what I do.

- disconnect CCGX or Cerbo

- Insert RJ45 on Vebus port of multi or quattro

- Open Veconfigure on laptop

- connect rj45 end to MK3/USB adaptor

- connect USB end to laptop

- in Ve configure, go to PORT/SELECT PORT/AUTO SELECT.

- system look for ports. Dots appear one after the other while searching .

From there , 2 different scenarios :

A/ no port is found. Get a popup. Help on communication. That's it

B/ Get a popup. MK3 detected. But the usual VEConfigure tabs do not appear. Nothing happens from there !

So I experienced these 2 issues this week.it's not the first time. These 2 installations are NOT connected to the internet so I cannot change settings via vrm. I need to change VS settings.

Grateful for some assistance or feed back. Hate thus situation in front of a customer !

Thanks and best regards.

Herve RV Nizard asked
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

3 Answers

Is Victron planning to recompile the Victron Connect App to target the new Apple M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro?

Merry Christmas!

Is Victron planning to recompile the Victron Connect App to target the new Apple M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro?

I know you can run it in compatibility mode but this isn't optimal. It would be really nice for Victron to specifically target the new M1 Silicon!

jonmarinello asked

0 Answers

Smart Battery Protect says OUTPUT DISABLED BY REMOTE

Smart Battery Protect says OUTPUT DISABLED BY REMOTE and because of that I can't use any of the 12V devices.

Can someone advise as to why there is no power going out to my 12V distribution board from the SBP100?

And the same why no power going to the Battery from the SBP200 ?

Both are saying that they have been "Output Disabled by Remote"

Many thanks

1. SBP100 for load disconnect

[image]

2. SBP for Load disconnect

[image]

3. SBP100

[image]

4. SBP200

[image]

5. BMV readings.

[image]

6. As you can see the negative voltage is coming to the negative feed of the 12V distribution. And 12 V positive feed going to SBP "IN" field, but nothing goes out to the loads.

7. VE.BUS BMS

[image]

8. SBP flashing lights

[image]

Mike Salaru asked
Mike Salaru commented ·

1 Answer

Old Copy of VE Configure 3?

Where can I get an older version of VE Configure 3 for testing? I have a very strange issue that I am trying to resolve and would like to exclude VE Configure 3 as a possible cause.

Ingo asked
Ingo commented ·

4 Answers

"Not in phase" message on VEConfigure Monitor

Dear Community,

We are having trouble with our virtual switch "Ignore AC Option" in our 3 phase system. We just recognized a text dipslaying "not in phase" as it can be seen on the attached image regarding de VEConfigure Monitor. Any idea what does this mean?

Thank you.

Carlos

[image]

carlossilva05 asked
carlossilva05 commented ·

1 Answer

SONNENSCHEIN A602 SOLAR 8 OPZV 1130 battery capacity

I installed SONNENSCHEIN A602 SOLAR 8 OPZV 1130 with QUATTRO 48/15000/200-100/100.

https://www.off-grid-europe.com/batteries/gel-lead-acid/sonnenschein/sonnenschein-a602-solar-8-opzv-1130?

According to its manual, battery capacity C10 = 908Ah and C100 = 1096Ah. Accoring to label on the battery, its C120 capacity is 1131Ah.

What number is supposed to be input to VE configure program? C10, 20, 100 or 120?

[image]

[image]

Alexander Ushakov asked
rainerb commented ·

3 Answers

How to determine if DVCC is a good option for configuration

As the title says, I’m trying to figure out if I should be using DVCC or not. My setup is expansive, but not complicated, and it’s a marine application.

10kw generator

1x Quattro 12/5000/220 utilizing the VE.BUS BMS

2x Battery Protect

8x Victron MPPT’s hosting 3kw of solar,

5x Victron Smart Lithium 300AH.

B700 Battery Monitor

1x D400 Wind Generator

I’m looking for some advice, I inherited this system when I purchased the boat, but went from a dual Quattro in parallel to a single Quattro. So I’ve had to configure everything from scratch, with very little knowledge.

I’ve read up on ESS - and it appears I should NOT be using the ESS assistants because of the lack of Anti Islanding.

I’ve attempted to read on the DVCC system, but I’m not sure if it would be helpful.

I’d love to hear from someone that’s using a similar setup, and understand what configuration, assistants they are using, and why.

Bryan asked
ejrossouw edited ·

1 Answer

Quattro 12/5000/220 With CCGX - Strange Issues, Need Help

I’m working on a marine install of a Quattro 12/5000/220, coupled with a 10kw generator, shore power hookup, 3kw of Solar Power split across 8 victron mppts, and 5 x 300 AH Victron Smart Lithium Batteries.

For the most part, everything works ok I guess, as long as I’m constantly here to manage it...there are weird issues though that I’m trying to track down, especially when transitioning from the generator.

Ok, so a list of the stuff I’m chasing:

1.) Unless I turn off ”Monitor for shore power disconnect” - I must constantly clear and reset ”Grid Lost” errors all through the day, and they never clear themselves.

2.) The Tiles Page Dashboard quite often doesn’t reflect what the component list shows. There are a number of times it will say ”Unknown” in all the tiles, and / or show the Quattro as “Off” when in fact its inverting. This possibly could be just a refresh issue, but it’s hard to know what’s actually happening when they don’t match. (I don’t think this is one of the important issues overall)

3.) The CCGX is rebooting itself at odd times. Usually when the generator stops in the AM, and switches back over to PV, when I go to the CCGX to view status, the first click of a button sends it into a reboot.

4.) In the system setup in the CCGX it shows BMS control set to “off”.

5.) In the battery details, none of the details are available in the CCGX (maybe this is normal?). I get the overall SOC, AH, Amps, Voltage...etc. But looking into the details, none of the cell level information is available. The page fields are all [—] [—]

I use VE Configure to program using mostly defaults. I check the box to enable the battery monitor, I set the battery type to Lithium using the battery changer dialog, and I’ve loaded the BMS assistant, Everything writes to the Quattro without issues, all messages say successful, and I reset the Quattro, and the CCGX each time afterwards.

If this is better as multiple questions, let me know, I just figured maybe a “bigger picture” list might be useful information overall.

Thank you in advance.

Bryan asked
ben commented ·

1 Answer

Using Multiplus SOC-low-shutdown with BMV SOC value

Hi all,

If I update my Multi to the newest firmware I could use the new feature "SOC-low-shutdown".
In past I used to take the BMV-relais for that, but now I am wondering if this would also be possible with a software solution.

In VEConfig I have to enable the battery monitor of the multi to use this feature. So the question now is:

Can I use the Multi's SOC-low-shutdown feature by using a venus device which overwrites the VE.Bus SOC with the one from a BMV (or BMS)?

Normally I would just try it, but there is no reason for an update if this won't work :)

Thank you!

porcini asked
merlepeter answered ·

5 Answers

VEConfigure 3 with ESS Assistant and Freedomwon LiFePo4 Battery Capacity bug.

I am trying to setup VEConfigure as per the Victron/Freedomwon setup guide but every time I enter my battery capacity (200AH) in the ESS assistant it then enables the Quattro Battery Monitor again.

Once I disable the Quattro Battery Monitor my battery capacity in the ESS assistant changes to 10Ah.

[image]

And from the official setup guide it's after this step.

[image]

Any advice on doing this correctly and getting 200Ah in my ESS setup?

Ingo asked

0 Answers

Followers

108 Posts
150 Users
4 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
scotta
0 Points