Firmware Update Issue Image

Firmware Update Issue

MPPT Charger 150/100 rev2 A059 v1.47 firmware stability issues

Good and sunny day to everyone,

I just upgraded my mppt charger via VRM Remote Firmware Update feature from v1.46 to v1.47 as usual and despite upgrade went as expected and successful (saw 1.47 as new firmware on dashboard), somehow the console PV Charger indicator started to show fluctuations between ~1400 watt and 0 (zero watt) in every 2-3 seconds in a loop.... 0-5x-8xx-14xx-0-5x-7xx-14xx....watt. something like MPPT is rebooting in a loop.

I thought that it may be the online upgrade which created this problem, and for a second time, I downloaded "Solar Charge Controller MPPT 150-100 rev2 SMART v1.47_A059.dup" file from Victron web and once again upgraded from VRM portal, this time by providing custom firmware file. it again upgraded successfully but did not solved the issue.

I had to return back to original firmware "Solar Charge Controller MPPT 150-100 rev2 SMART v1.46_A059.dup".... and now everything is stable like before....

[image]

12:48 - online upgrade to v1.47 from v1.46

12:58 - online upgrade with manual upload of dup file v1.47 to v1.47

13:21 - downgrade to v1.46

So anyone else faced similar issue before? I checked the firmware release notes and did not see any special instructions for v1.47. Also I did not see anything abnormal in the logs, no alert of warnings. Anyone knows where is the upgrade and mppt logs files and how to see them so that I can debug the issue?

Thx...

dolak asked
jeffles answered ·

4 Answers

MK-3 USB / VEFlash Error at step 'Connect part 2'

Hello,

I have multiplus 40/3000 and my old FW is:

2620158 i believe i need 2620159 with im trying to update.

But having error.

I dont have problem to VeConfig, Victron Connect does not work becouse my FW is to old.

Swapped device, changed ports and all... still no luck.

Tried to google solution but cant find any,

I want to update FW and go with Generator configuration as every 60 sec there is a swap between charger to inverter.

[image]

I've tried another ethernet port and no luck still.

I'm under off grid so I only has batteries connected.

Closed

magicmike asked
magicmike answered ·

2 Answers

multiplus firmware update conection error.

Hi folks.

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120-16 230v with firmware 2609158.HEX that I wish to update in order to use assistants and VEconnect.

I have downloaded various 2609XX firmwares and attempted to flash them in using the latest VE-Flash.

following the on-screen intructions exactly but when the software tries to connect to the multi after turn off/next/turn on, the connection fails. ("error connecting, please try again")

after turn on the multi sometimes shows leds but usually not. (i understand this is normal).

I am using MK3usb which works fine with VE-config.

having searched for a solution on here I have tried-

different PC. (Win 10 and win xp tried.)

different VE-bus port on the multi.

different network cable.

different usb port on the PC

resetting settings to default.

setting DS1off/DS2on (shouldn't be needed for this model)

AC input off (shouldn't be needed for this model)

I have tried fw 2609209, 2609487 and even 2609159 but they all give me the same error.

any help would be appreciated as this good product would be great if I could update it.

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

bigbadbob76 asked
bigbadbob76 answered ·

2 Answers

Richtige Reihenfolge, multiplus Update.

Laut meinem hersteller soll ich mein multiplus updaten. Windows Laptop und Mk3 dongle sind vorhanden. Nun will ich aber morgen in den Urlaub fahren, und hab Angst was falsch zu machen. Könnte mir kurz jemand erklären wie das genau und richtig funktioniert. Danke

razer05 asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

How do you fix the BT200 Error Message on my BMV-712?

Just booted up my system and when starting up my BMV-712 and doing the proper updates, I have received this message. When this message goes away the screen will show the battery information but will be flashing. In my app it will show that it is connecting to the device and then will jump directly to the product information screen, and will not allow me to monitor my batteries at all. How do I get this fixed?

[image]

[image]

halia2797 asked
mkuiken answered ·

1 Answer

150/75 mppt flashing boot after firmware update

I have a 150/75 mppt I bought in 11/2015, I did a firmware update recently and it gave an error saying that all old settings are lost. When I looked at the screen it was flashing "boot" I can't access it anymore. I took it to where I bought it and they said nothing can be done. Any ideas? I have replaced it with a new 150/70, but would like to use it for another system i have. It was rock solid till the update.

john-lange asked
john-lange edited ·

1 Answer

BUG REPORT: CCGX Firmware V2.71

There is a bug in the CCGX firmware V2.71.

After updating to V2.71, my CCGX stopped recognising my MicroSD card as external storage under VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb - it showed "No storage found".

I tried two seperate MicroSD cards (both previously worked) - both not recognised by CCGX. Tried reformatting both MicroSD cards (16GB and 32GB Fat32) - not recognised by CCGX. Inserted a 16GB Fat 32 USB stick in the CCGX USB port - it WAS recognised by VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb as external storage.

I rolled back to the CCGX firmware V2.66 and both my MicroSD cards now work with VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb.

Can Victron please fix the bug in firmware V2.71 please.

kevinvh asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

2 Answers

How do you file a warranty claim for a Blue Smart IP67 24/14 charger?

I purchased my charger on Amazon from the Victron Energy Store in January of this year. Today I ran the "update firmware from 3.0 to 3.21" (might not be the exact version numbers since I can't get the app to connect nor can I get the charger to turn on).

In attempt to figure out how to resolve my issue I saw that serval other people have had the same problem. However I have not seen resolutions! How do I go about getting a replacement charger?

genej asked
genej commented ·

2 Answers

Update Fails Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30(3)

I just received a brand new Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30(3) purchased from Amazon. I already own the Victron, smart solar charge controller with built-in Bluetooth.
I switched the charger on and paired it via bluetooth to my Samsung S20 - no problems there. When connected to the charger I was prompted to update the firmware, I had a very solid internet connection and the update process started, reached about 8% and failed with an X88 error. I tried many times to update the firmware with the same failure. Now when I switch the charger on I get fast alternate flashing red LEDs. I'm still able to connect to the charger and it now says - update firmware from none to 3.4 however, I get the same failures!
I'm about to repackage and return the item for a refund unless I get a solution to my issue.
Regards
John

stitch-up asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

2 Answers

IP67 charger firmware update failed

I attempted to update the firmware on my IP67 charger and the update failed. Now, the charger won't turn on. I have tried unplugging it from the mains and disconnecting the battery but it still won't power up. Is there any options before returning it?

crm asked
genej commented ·

5 Answers

BMV712 not reaching 100% SOC after software update

we’ve updated our BMV712 as requested by the app when replacing our batteries and while adjusting the settings and ever since the SOC never reaches 100% regardless of how many hours charging under solar or engine, lingering on 94-96%.

have confirmed all settings on MPPT, all battery connections. Manually synchronised the BMV after hours of batteries being in float mode under solar and engine and every day still doesn’t get to 100% SOC on the BMV712.

current firmware v4.05 on the battery monitor BMV-712 smart

current firmware v2.23 on the BMV-7xx Smart Bluetooth Interface

fear there may have been a glitch during the update. How can we revert the update and try again?

sv-the-dream asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

0 Answers

[SOLVED] SmartSolar Charger 150/35 - still experiencing zero output issues after firmware 1.53 and 1.54 updates

Hello,

After updating the firmware on my 3 SmartSolar 150/35 devices from 1.51 I have been experiencing issues where the PV power drops close to zero. In some instances the situation rectifies itself other times I need to disable/enable via the VictronConnect app. I saw there was an issue with the 1.53 firmware and hoped the 1.54 firmware would rectify the situation but unfortunately the issue still persists. Today device 260 was off for 2 hours before I disabled/enabled it via the app.

Setup

1. Quattro 48/8000/100-2x100 - firmware 469
  2. 4 x Pylontech US3000
  3. 3 x SmartSolar 150/35 - firmware 1.54
  4. 2 sets of 6 x JA Solar JAP72S01-330/SC
  5. 1 set of 6 x JA Solar JAM72S01-380/PR
  6. Venus GX - firmware 260

[image]

[image]

Is Victron aware that some devices still have this "drop out "issue even with the 1.54 firmware?

Thanks

jkkm asked
concinnitydigital answered ·

10 Answers

ESS (AC DC coupled) "Feed-in excess solar charger power" not full potential

Hi

i running a ESS (MultiGrid 48/3000 FW459, VenusGX FW v2.31with EM24) with AC Coupled third party PV Inverters (via ET340 and ET112) and a Smart Solar 150/35 v1.39 and a BYD B-Box 5.0kWh. (DVCC enabled, SVS disable, Smartsolar has BMS controlled)

The DC Coupled PV system is oriented south and could be enlarged by approx 900 Wp, since currently only 1,8kWp is installed. Maximum charge power to battery is limited at 2000W fixed due to the 35 Amps - i know ;).

In the ESS Settings I enable " Feed-in excess solar charger power" but soon i discovered the the typical behavior of the system was to charge from the East oriented AC Coupled inverters, which means, the the battery is full, sincce there is enough excess. But the south orientated DC coupled PV System was dearted by over 50% due to battery being at SOC 100%, even with the enable option of "feedin excess DC Power". Over have of the production of the south oriented DC coupled PV is derated (see pic attached, redline is potential solar production).

[image]

To prove my hypotheses i changed the ESS Setpoint to activly discharge the battery into the grid, thus a lower SOC than 100% is realized. this enables the BMS controlled Smart Solar to use the full potential of the PV system. (previously 340W production goes up to 900W Production).

See my screenshots and notes

ESS Feed-in excess solar charger power - not full potenial.pdf

Conclusion:

I presume that the Mutligrid doesnt discharge/feedin as much power as the full potential of solar available on the DC side.

I would presume that the voltage Gap between SmartSolar and Multiplus isn't high enough for Multi to discharge the battery more but to keep it at 100% and though making it possible for the SmartSolar to feedin more of his potential solar power.

So propably i will not add any more Modules to the Smart Solar or install another SmartSolar, but install another PV Inverter AC coupled.

If anybody has the same Issue please let me know!

If anybody has an idea how to optimize the use of the DC coupled Solar to feed into the grid, please let me know! I thought already of an external PLC writing the ESS Setpoint into the Modbus register, to actively reduce the SOC during the daytime, to make more use of the DC coupled PV System.

THX

BR

Ossi

ossi asked
David Ferguson commented ·

3 Answers

Fast blinking charger led on multiplus compact 12/2000 after failed firmware upgrade

I am in the process of setting up a system with a multiplus compact 12/200.

After connecting the multi with a mk3-usb and victronconnect on an android phone i got offered a firmware update for the multiplus (something from ~430 to ~490?).

The upgrade failed (was it error V20?) and the result is a fast blinking yellow charging led.

Before the upgrade i was able to use AC IN and AC OUT, batteries are still not connected.

Nothing else is working. Its no longer recognized in VictronConnect with MK3-USB and also not with a Bluetooth Dongle.

On VEFlash there is a notice to remove AC input on upgrades. Maybe that is a reason for the failed upgrade? Is an upgrade only possible with connected batteries?

What is the meaning of the fast blinking led and how can i fix it?

ibot asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

1 Answer

Mutiplus VE.Bus FW 4.86

Dear community, good afternoon

Just did FW update for my Multi from 4.56 to 4.86 (latest).

Now my Multi is rejecting AC input 1. It sees the voltage but won´t do anything.

Looking into the changelog for V4.56 says:

"Bug fix. Some models exhibit occasionally rejection of the grid"

I would like to make a roll back. but can´t find older FW in the proffesional site.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Javier Moran asked
Javier Moran commented ·

1 Answer

IP67 not charging fully following firmware update

I have an IP67 connected to 2 12v batteries. Today we swapped the batteries and also updated the firmware via the app. Initially the update failed so we wound up using a different phone and the update went through. We are now finding however that the batteries are only charging to 16v not the 24v it used to.

simonwait asked
swait answered ·

1 Answer

Skylla IP44/65 Charger Storage Mode Firmware Bug

I have been observing a firmware bug in the Skylla IP44/65 chargers. This only started occurring with either the latest (1.10) or very recent firmware. Upon power-up, the charger often jumps directly into Storage mode, or cycles briefly through Bulk and into Storage. The result obviously being that the battery bank never gets charged. This is being observed on a regular basis.

As an attempted work around,I have configured setting 30 "Watch Function (start-up in storage if battery voltage > 13V)" to OFF. Though the battery voltage was not close to 13V until the charger was powered up. Initial testing shows this to have worked around the issue; we will be able to confirm over the next week as the charger goes through multiple power cycles.

We are running a pair of synchonised chargers. One is a 60A IP44 and the other a 70A IP65.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Over the past several weeks, there have been no more issues with the chargers going immediately to storage mode. So I can confirm that the workaround listed above does work.

Allan.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Allan Yates asked
Allan Yates edited ·

0 Answers

Cannot update Multiplus 5k firmware in VE.Bus BMS System

I've tried to update the firmware on a Multiplus 24/5000 using both VE Flash and Victron Connect via a Mk3 dongle and the crux of the issue seems to be that you can't update the firmware with the VE.Bus BMS connected. However if you disconnect the BMS, the Multi turns off.....so you can't update the firmware anyway.

I tried deleting the BMS assistant so that it can turn on with out the BMS, however it just flashed an error code and still turned off when the BMS was disconnected.

How do I do this properly?

justmurph asked
harry-chavez commented ·

1 Answer

RESOLVED :Smartshunt and smart solar Bluetooth beta firmware 2.33 fails to install.

[image]

A new beta came out today that includes smartshunt 2.33. It failed during the upgrade. I now cannot connect. I get the message to install the firmware. Tried the officially released version and it fails also. the smartshunt is connected to my color control and appears to be reporting fine. I just can’t connect to it via Bluetooth without getting the message to upgrade the firmware.

Anyone know where I can obtain the Bluetooth firmware file? I logged into the Pro section but it doesn’t have any Bluetooth files.

Resolved: I placed my device within 3 inches of the mppt and then the SmartShunt. The Bluetooth firmware updated successfully. Prior attempts were about 3 feet away. Go figure.

Jerry L Johnson asked
stephen-elves answered ·

4 Answers

Venues GX - RS485-USB disconnecting and reconnecting after FW 2.72

After the firmware upgrade to version 2.72 of the Venues GX it no longer has a stable connection to the RS485-USB serial cable. The Serial cable is connected to the battery and the external smart meter. As a result the ESS stops and starts. No changes have been made to the cable or serial devices. The only change was firmware. If you log into the cat /data/log/dbus-fzsonick-48tl.ttyUSB0/current you can see the unit open the port connect and get data, then disconnect and start the process again.

Error

@40000000610ca1860d8186f4 changes['Text'] = self.GetText()
@40000000610ca1860d9950cc File "/opt/victronenergy/dbus-fzsonick-48tl/ext/velib_python/vedbus.py", line 474, in GetText
@40000000610ca1860da270bc return self._gettextcallback(self.__dbus_object_path__, self._value)
@40000000610ca1860dd730a4 File "/opt/victronenergy/dbus-fzsonick-48tl/dbus-fzsonick-48tl.py", line 169, in <lambda>
@40000000610ca1860df1e0ac gettextcallback=lambda _, v: sig.get_text(v))
@40000000610ca1860e1a8ad4 File "/opt/victronenergy/dbus-fzsonick-48tl/convert.py", line 86, in get_text
@40000000610ca1860e1e9dcc return "{0}{1}".format(str(v), unit)
@40000000610ca1860e21e98c UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb0' in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
@40000000610ca18c052a6534 INFO:root:watchdog_task: killing main loop because update_task is no longer alive
@40000000610ca18c05460f3c INFO:root:gobject.MainLoop was shut down

imac asked
apollo-technics commented ·

0 Answers

Is it necessary to update a brand new Multi Plus firmware?

Hello, I will soon be ready to fire up my brand new 24/3000/70-50 Multi Plus for the first time. If there is a firmware update available, is it necessary to update the firmware on this brand new Multi Plus?

Thanks, Greg

gregh asked
gregh answered ·

2 Answers

Connection error while updating firmware Multiplus compact??? - Solved

Who can help, because similar topics seemed to be unanswered.

I‘ve tried to upgrade the 2606413 firmware of my Multiplus 12/70/1600 to firmware 2606482 for ESS and to connect the Bluetooth dongle.

Followed the steps precisely but at connect part 2 I get “Error connecting. Please try again!”

The Multiplus was disconnected from the color control. Then the dipswitch settings were re-programmed (DS1 was on, now off and DS2 was off and now on) followed by switching DS8 from of to on and off again to store.
Power was removed as mentioned in step 1.
MK3 to USB was connected via COM4 and working.

I found that when I switched the Multiplus of (step 1) and on again while connected to the MK3 the unit doesn’t turn on and there is no connection at all.
LED’s remain off as well.

When I switch the multiplus off with the MK3 cable disconnected and then switch it on, it starts in inverting mode with the green light on.
However, then I get the connection error.

I tried both ports on the Multiplus; doesn’t matter.

Hope anyone can help!

[image]

lsi asked
lsi answered ·

8 Answers

Multiplus Compact 24/2000/50-30 / Firmware for new & older

Hi,

I´m setting upp 2 pcs of Multiplus Compact 24/2000/50-30 for parallel operation. They don´t have identical firmware.
Victron Connect does not support the older one so I have to use VEFlash. Using an MK3.
Firmware older 2618152.
Firmware new 2618430.
Assuming I can update to identical version of firmware for both?
Which firmware is feasable?

Got a little confused when checking on firmware versions.

Thanks in advance.

/ Hans

hans-lenman asked
durval commented ·

3 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT 150/100 V1.58 fails

Updating to Solar Charge Controller MPPT 150-100 rev2 SMART v1.58_A059.dup causes MPPT to oscillate between 0 and max power (currently 800watts) over several seconds. Can you email me v1.56 please. This installation has worked perfectly for some years, but this firmware update instantly broke it.

dennisd63 asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

4 Answers

smart mppt 100/20 goes up and down like a Yoyo and crashes output to zero

[image]

[image]

My setup:

1 solar panel Wattstunde WS200SB (200W, Umpp 19.8V, Impp 10.1A).

Attached to a smart solar MPPT 100/20 with the latest firmware 1.56. Victron Connect thinks it is a 48V version as well as my Raspberry Pi. The label on the device tells otherwise (ie no 48V written on it)

Four 75 Ah LiFePO4 in series with BMS. (Home made pack)

(Sidenote: is there a physical difference between the two MPPT models? Or are they the same?)

[image]

Main problem is that the mppt crashes its output to zero and starts up again. see the attached pictures. I have no clue why. I checked the BMS. No problems with it. It does not trip any error coditions.

I want this to be resolved. MPPT crashing all the time to zero output is not good.

What is going on? Is this the same bug that ought to be resolved in this firmware revision?

Is my MPTT broken and need to be replaced?

Or is it a problem that there is 1 solar panel attached with an output of only 5V above the battery? Do you have the same problem with 1 panel?

Any help is appreciated.

Victron experts can have a look at the VRM data Portal ID: b827eb30b15f

[image]

[image]

nick-a asked
nick-a answered ·

1 Answer

Firmware update 2609486 for MultiPlus 12/3000/230-16

Is it just happening for me, or is there a bug in the latest firmware for MultiPlus?
I just updated it, I think it’s only the name because I can see the inverter still says 230V.

But according to VRM and GX Devices, it’s now a MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16.

[image]

[image]

sebastian-w asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

3 Answers

looking for firmware for Multiplus II 3000 2X120

I am looking for the firmware for the new Multiplus II 2X120 volt. I can't find it on Victron Professional. It doesn't seem to be listed in the VE.Bus firmware numbers.txt file. What is the family number?

scott-1 asked
scott-1 answered ·

4 Answers

Firmware changelog for smart batteries needs updates.

Via Victron Connect I could update my smart batteries to firmware 1.24. The changelog, on Victron professional site, is though only documenting up to 1.20.

Could we get the changelog updated as well?

And while at it, as I see other firmware suffer same, perhaps some governing in the CI/CD loops so that a new release require updated changelog?

BR,

Per

saxofon asked
saxofon commented ·

1 Answer

Smart Solar MPPT 150/45 FW 1.58 Output Dropping to ZERO

Hey all,

Normally all my VE products work great however I'm having a right nightmare with a 150/45 since updating to FW V1.58.

Instance 258 is a 2.65kWp SSE Array and 288 is a 2.0kWp West Array.

I get constant dropping of the output from the 150/45.

The entire system has been running for well over a year and never had issues. The only thing that has changed in the last week is a FW upgrade to V1.58 via VC.

I have attached the graphs below.

I cannot find any FW files to go back to either 1.54 or 1.56 anywhere online.

Could a member of support reach out to me with a file so I can carry on troubleshooting.

VRM Info here: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/45345/share/1f8d0747

[image]

rizouk asked
rizouk commented ·

3 Answers

263 Posts
234 Users
12 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points