SOC Image

SOC

Active SOC jumped 20% in one day?

Active SOC jumped up 20 % in a day, why? Min soc is set 60 %, active soc has been 60 % for last 6 days but active soc jumped to 80% on 7 th day.

[image]

Keith Arnold asked
Jason - UK commented ·

2 Answers

Victron EV charging station + ESS configuration possibilities

Hi guys, this may be a question for the Victron team. I am looking to purchase the new EV charging station, but i have some questions on how it can be configured together with a grid bound ESS system, i could not determine the answer myself on the available documentation or video.

This i was able to find: In automatic mode it will only use excess energy when the home battery is fully charged, and in off grid systems it is possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery in a grid bound ESS system before the EV charger kicks in? For example, when the ESS minimum SOC is lets say 20% before getting power from the grid, can the minimum SOC for the EV charger be set at 50% at the same time? In this case the EV charger would use the home battery from 100% to 50%, and the remaining 50% to 20% would be reserved for domestic use at night. Would the EV charger stop using the home battery at set SOC, and only solar power afterwards?

2. A follow up question. Would it then be possible to set the maximum power drain from the home battery? Lets say while charging the EV, it will use all available solar, and only XXX watts from the home battery? This so some reserve power is available for domestic use without having to use the grid.

Thanks!

Michael

michaelvh asked
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

8 Answers

Charging lifepo batteries

Hi, we have 2x200amp hour Voltax LiFePo batteries wired in parallel for 12 volts to power our 4wd Canter camper truck habitat. We have an Enerdrive DC2DC e Power multi stage, multi source with MPPT charger, and a Victron BMV 712 Smart battery monitor.

The power sources are, the truck 24 volt alternator and 2 x 200 watt roof mounted solar panels.

Most mornings the Victron BMV app will tell me that the SOC is 88-92% I can check it again 10 minutes later and it will be showing 100% charged which i don't believe is possible. Can anyone help solving this issue?

kanga1 asked
Paul B answered ·

2 Answers

Impossible? How can I achieve my charging goal in a Camper Van?

Good Morning community.

Apparently my requirement is very exotic, at least I can't find a solution for it.

But first my equipment:

• Campervan with DIY Lithium battery (Winston LiFeYPo4 cells), ECS-BMS, separate charging and discharging branch, each with Victron Battery-Protect for UVP on OVP protection
  • BMV-712 Smart as battery monitor with temperature sensor attached to the Battery
  • SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 Charger
  • Cerbo-GX connected to the BMV and MPPT via VE-Direct cable
  • DVCC function is active

So what is my goal? quite simple: charge the battery and then use available solar power for the current power consumption.

Unfortunately I can't get any further here. The charging process goes well with my settings up to about 90% SOC, but then the MPPT goes into the float phase and the battery is discharged again. Due to the property of lithium battery, the rebulk voltage will not be reached...

How can I configure the system so that the MPPT delivers the current power consumption and keeps the battery on the SOC until there is no longer enough solar energy available?
I hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Christian

Christian Lindermann asked
Christian Lindermann commented ·

3 Answers

Cerbo/Venus GX - Set maximum charge level, e.g. 90 % SOC

Hello together,

my config is:
- 3x Multiplus 5000
- 3x MPPT 250/100
- Cerbo GX
- BYD LVL 15.4
- 45 x Sunrise Energy SR-M660340HL -> 15,3 kWp

- In plan: Fronius Symo on AC-Out

Here is my question:
I would like to limit the maximum charge level. For example, to 90% SOC. I can not find this setting in cerbo gx. Is it possible that this setting does not exist at all? Why? Many other manufacturers have this option. I think this would be a good option to save the battery in the summer. Since peaks occur here from time to time. And the battery is loaded beyond its limit. Especially if you plan to add another inverter. Even if this adheres to the 1.0 rule. Here it would be better if the battery still had reserves. And from time to time, the battery could charge to 100% to balance the cells.

Are there any efforts on the part of Victron Energy here?

Thanks for help.

greetings from germany
from an enthusiastic Victron user
Schaka

schaka asked
elvis commented ·

1 Answer

EasySolar SOC and Virtual Switch problem

Good morning to everyone!

In an off-grid 24volt system, I have installed an EasySolar-II 3kva MPPT250 / 70 GX, 2kWp pv panels and 535Ah OPzV batteries. I have the following problems:

1. The SOC constantly seems to falls, the pv panels do not seem to charge the batteries sufficiently, although it is shiny days and the ac loads are very low (25W-70W). I think showing SOC is fake. I suspect this is because the battery monitor is made by the embedded multiplus and not by the MPPT solar charger. True? How can I change that?

[image]

[image]

2. The Virtual Switch does not work. I have made all the settings but the NO or NC contacts do not change status when the battery conditions are met.

[image]

[image]

3. I cant find at remote console the relay menu

Thank you all in advance.

dpaparis asked
snoobler answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus-II GX not displaying SOC

Hi,

My Multiplus-II GX isn't displaying SOC, it never has since I installed it.

It displays "--" or says 0%

I've confirmed settings in Settings → System settings → Battery monitor
I've also tried changing it from "automatic", "MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 on VE.Bus" and "No battery monitor" but it doesn't get it working.

When I select "no battery monitor" the "0W" reading disappears "(the bank currently has no load).

I've Googled around and searched the forum. Thanks for any help.

lukescarr asked
lukescarr answered ·

2 Answers

Multiplus II internal SoC jumps before absorption begins

Hi,

Lately our Multiplus II (12/3000) frequently sets the SoC from like 40% to 80% for no obvious reason.

Batteries are 560 Ah of LiFePO4 cells with Daly SmartBMS (but Multiplus uses its internal battery monitor, no data connection to the BMS). The sudden jump to 80% is most probably from the "State of charge when bulk finished" setting - but the batteries were far away from bulk finished when the jump happened (actually the 30% were correct).

My guess is that the voltage raised over the absorption voltage of 13.80V for a very short period of time (not even visible in VRM portal - voltage was around 13.60-13.70 at the time the jump happened). Maybe it was also just a single false measurement causing the jump? The 80% are then held for a longer period until bulk actually finished, then the SoC is correct again. But if the charge was ended after the jump (e.g. due to cloudy weather), the SoC would remain terribly off...

Anyway - is there a possibility to make "State of charge when bulk finished" less sensitive, like it requires to be in absorption for 10 seconds at least or so? The batteries seem to be healthy, cables are rather oversized, I don't believe there is an electrical issue. The absorption voltage of 13.80V may be a little bit low, but is recommended for the CATL cells, with an absorption time of 2 hrs.

Thanks for any hints!

ips-ad asked

0 Answers

VRM Missing Data and Widgets?

The graph of SOC, arguably the single most important piece of data, in my VRM has disappeared, and the widget to display it has also gone walkabout, although the other data widgets from the BMV are available.

[image]

Data appears normal on the local CERBO system, all present and behaving normally. All of the other data presented in the VRM looks correct, although I haven't yet had the chance to do a full audit. There are a few other data that also disappeared, but the SOC is of prime concern to me.

How do I get my SOC data back?

billknny asked
glenmc answered ·

7 Answers

BMV-712 SOC reading v discharge floor

As i read the manual, BMV-712 SOC reading goes from 100% to 0%. When SOC shows 0%, are we actually at the discharge floor....which I understand is 50%? Or does a 50% SOC reading mean that i am at the discharge floor.

tab400 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

How to set SOC charging target other than 100%?

My system has 2 Smart Li 200Ah batteries, Multiplus 3000/120, 2 MPPTs 100/30, connected via BatteryProtect, Alternator connected to AGM, and via Cyrix Li to Li batteries. Setup includes BMV-712 Smart and Venus GX.

I want to be able to charge the batteries to say 60% or 80% only while on shore power, knowing that I will have plenty of sun for the rest of the day.

How can I set an SOC target for the Multiplus, or better via Venus GX? I don't want to change the absorption/float voltages.

kupo asked
coolzeroptg commented ·

7 Answers

SOC Displays <100% when Fully Charged

I've noticed recently that when my battery is fully charged, the voltage is where it needs to be, and chargers are entering float mode, my SOC is often displaying around 90-95% instead of 100% as expected. I am able to resolve this by going into the Battery Settings and using the "Synchronize SOC to 100%" feature, but then the next time my battery drains down and re-charges it does the same thing. This is with the BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor.

fritz-hodges asked
trevor-bird answered ·

1 Answer

Why does state of charge drop while voltage is high?

I have 200Ah of lithium batteries monitored by a BMV712. From fully charged batteries the only draw on the system is a fridge (I have turned everything else off) which draws about 3Ah. Overnight the SOC has dropped to 17% with a voltage of 13.3v. This situation happens consistently when I have been using the system in the past. I have reviewed my settings but perhaps I am still missing something there. Do you know of a reason why the SOC drops so quickly with very little load on the system?

colindernst asked
askdba answered ·

3 Answers

How to switch Phoenix Inverter based on battery SoC% via VenusOS and VE.Direct

Hi, i have a off-grid system build from a SmartSolar 100/20, a SmartShunt, a Phoenix 24/2400 and 16x Hawker SBS40 as 8P2S.

These are connected to a VenusOS-Raspberry via Original USB adapters and everything basic works as expected.

Now i search for a way to tell the Phoenix to only switch on, if the SOC is above 50%, to keep my batteries safe.
But I cant find any Option for doing so, only for using cutoff voltage, which feels a bit stupid to use when there is a known SoC% aviable to the system.

Best regards
Miriam Schwarz

miriam-schwarz asked
miriam-schwarz edited ·

2 Answers

State of Charge of the Multiplus II is incorrect

I have a problem with the state of charge of the Multiplus II/VE.Bus.

If the battery (30kWh LiFePo4 self bulid with Chargery BMS and Active Balancer, configured as a 2 way signal BMS), is e.g. at a SOC of 20% and the sun starts shining, and the current is eg. 150A the state of charge jumps to 90%, but in reality (on the BMS) the SOC is 30%.

If then, the battery on this day didn't charge to 100%, the SOC is wrong. I.e. that overnight the battery is getting lower and lower. The VE.Bus system "think" its e.g. on 50% and is still de-charging, but the real battery state (BMS) is at 10%.
So the ESS setting which is e.g. at 30% has no effect.

mswoboda asked
shaneyake commented ·

10 Answers

333 Posts
295 Users
7 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
Sabrina
0 Points
Koul Alim