smart solar set-up help Image

smart solar set-up help

Walmart EverStart 27dc Solar MPPT settings

Hello to everyone,

I have searched high and low for the correct SmartSolar 75/15 Mppt settings. I have 3 Walmart EverStart Deepcycle/starting batteries that I would like to keep charged while our boat is in storage. Thanks for your help.

webeyachting asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Why am i getting 68v 0amps in full sun with smartsolar charger

Looking for some advice. I just installed a Victron Energy SmartSolar 150/60 PV charger on my boat. My battery bank is 6 x 100AH 12v LiFePO4 batteries in parallel (12v system). I have 6 x 100watt topsolar flexible solar panels on the hardtop of my boat. I have them installed in two parallel strings of 3 panels in series (68v per string, ~6 amps per string). So i theoretically should see 68v, 12Amp and 600watt maximum at the solar charger input. My Victron SmartSolar charger reads 68v but 0 amps and 4 watts output. I am only getting 3-5 watts in full sun with the batteries at 50% discharge. I have the Smart Solar charger set for 12v LiFePO battery setting. Set the bulk charge rate to 14.4v per the battery manufacturer settings. Could this be a solar charger settings issue? What can i do to troubleshoot this?

choddino asked
choddino commented ·

4 Answers

Tiefentladen trotz Smartsolar?

Ich bin noch ganz am Anfang, was Erfahrung mit Solar und Victron angeht.
Deshalb bitte ich Euch hier um Hilfe - und entschuldigt bitte, wenn Euch die Frage zu trivial ist.

Ich habe ein sehr einfaches setup:
12V lifepo 30ah batterie und Smart Solar MPPT 75/15.
Batterie konfiguriert als lifepo mit 12V.
Ansonsten alles default gelassen.

Für einen ersten Test mit einem 100W Panel die Batterie voll geladen.

Straßenlichtfunktion aktiviert.

Am Lastausgang des SmartSolar hatte ich 2x 20W Halogen-Lampe als kräftige Verbraucher angeschlossen.
Meine Rechnung war grob: 30ah bei 12V sind etwa 360Wh.
Bei etwa 40W sollte das für 9h - also eine Nacht - reichen.

Über Nacht hatte ich die Verbraucher eingeschaltet gelassen, um zu sehen, was die Batterie für eine Kapazität hat.
Am nächsten Morgen zeigte mir die App: Batterie min: 0,07V.

Jetzt meine Frage(n):
War die Spannung wirklich auf 0.07V gesunken?
Kann bei einer solch tiefen Spannung das SmartSolar überhaupt noch Daten schreiben?
Sollte das SmartSolar nicht dafür sorgen, dass es zu keiner Tiefentladung kommt?
Ist meine Batterie jetzt etwa non reversible kaputt?

Was kann ich tun, um eine Tiefentladung zu verhindern?
Ich dachte, der SmartSolar würde das tun.

Vielen Dank vorab.

[image]

bruno asked
micha854 answered ·

2 Answers

Deep discharge despite Smartsolar?

I'm at the very beginning of my experience with solar energy and Victron.
That's why I ask you for help here - and apologize if the question is too trivial for you.

I have a very simple setup:
12V lifepo 30ah battery and Smart Solar MPPT 75/15.
Battery configured as lifepo with 12V.
Otherwise everything left by default.
For a first test with a 100W panel the battery was fully charged.
Street light function activated (or always on?).
At the load output of the SmartSolar I had connected 2x 20W halogen lamp as a powerful consumer.
My calculation was rough:
30ah at 12V is about 360Wh.
At about 40W, this should be enough for 9h - one night.
Overnight, I had left the consumers on to see what capacity the battery has.
The next morning the app showed me: Battery min: 0.07V.
(see the attached screenshot)

Now my question(s):
Had the voltage really dropped to 0.07V?
With such a low voltage, could the SmartSolar still write data itself?
Should the SmartSolar not ensure that there is no deep discharge?
Is my battery now non-reversible broken? What can I do to prevent deep discharge?
I thought the SmartSolar would do prevent that.

Thank you in advance for your help.

[image]

bruno asked
kevgermany commented ·

1 Answer

New solar installation

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me complete my research please, I have done a lot, but to the honest I'm not sure if that's the right setup for me, as there are so many possibilities of setup, and I'm not sure if I have all the components or too many.

I want to install at home 2 solar panels of 175wh, with a Lifepo4 Eco-worthy 12 V 100 Ah battery.The objective is to power my TV (250w) 5h/day, and/or laptops (150w) & USB chargers for phones (50w).

As none are critical, I don't need to alternate with the grid, I can simply unplug from the solar system and plug into the grid easily if no power is available.

I might evolve in the future with 2-3 extra panels.

What I think I need is:

• 2x BlueSolar 175w mono
  • 1x SmartSolar MPPT 100/20
  • 1x MPPT WireBox - MC4
  • 1x Lifepo4 100Ah 12v
  • 1x Smart Battery Protect
  • 1x SmartShunt
  • 1x Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct 500VA
  • Cables
  • Cupboard

I appreciate a lot in advance your help and support!

Regards,

Mike

mikebe asked

0 Answers

schema aansluiting Orion- Tr Smart , Smart solar MPPT 75/15 , Small BMS Smart battery Protect65

Ik zoek het schema voor de aansluiting van een Orion- Tr Smart , Smart solar MPPT 75/15 , Small BMS en Smart Battery Protect 65.

Grt Apcruiser

apcruiser asked

0 Answers

Panel choice for Smart solar 75/15 or 100/15

I am setting up a small off grid setup for a cabin. I have two Smart solar controllers, one 100/15 and one 75/15 (don't ask) hooked up to a 24 v system that will each control one panel. I think I am over-thinking panel choices and am looking for a sanity check. I have a choice currently of these two panels:

http://www.solarland.com/upload/file/2018/11/07/10064036489.pdf

320 W, 44.97 V VoC, 37.20 Vimp, 9.11 A Isc, 72 cell

or

https://hespv.ca/hesproductspecs/LONGi/Longi-LR4-60HPH-355-385.pdf

370 W, 38.3 Voc (NOCT), 32.0 Vimp (NOCT), 9.25 A Isc (NOCT), 60 cell

The 370W longi cells are a little more expensive but a newer and more well known brand, but I am worried that the voltages are too low for a 24v system with one controller per panel. Some help and the pros/cons of using each panel would be appreciated. I used the Victron MPPT sizing calculator and it shows both these panels as compatible with my controllers but would like a sanity check.

TIA

smallsolar asked
seb71 commented ·

2 Answers

Multiple Smart Solar on same solar arrey...?

I have 3 160watt solarpanels on the roof of my van.

Most of the day the battery bank is full, so am wasting solar watt :-)

Is it possible to put a separate second smaller Smart Solar from the same 3 panels that is only charging my car battery? or will that screw up the first Smart solar...

Carl asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

VE Can to VE Bus interface

Hi All, i've just attended the webinar so have found this community which i didn't know about. i have an issue with my PV system display and comms. 3kw solar array with two victron smart mppt can controllers connected with VECan to a CCGx panel. Also a phoenix 48V 5 KW invertor with only has VEBus comms link, I’ve now added a VE Can to VE Bus interface to allow the phoenix data to be remotely displayed on the CCGX, I only have one Cat5 running about 100m to the house. All the above are connected in series with terminators on each end. The problem is that I have no data from the invertor for any of the devices on the VECan. If I plug both VECan and VEBus into the CCGX all is working so I definitely have an issue with the interface. I haven't as yet updated any firmware as i need to do this on the pheonix using the BT interface i think. All the kit except the PV is victron, even the 8 x 210Ah AGM are victron.

ben-corcoran asked
Kevin Windrem answered ·

1 Answer

Phönix Smart 24-2000 VE.Direct mit 100Ah Lithium

Hallo ich habe einen Phönix smart 24-2000VE. Direct und möchte den mit einer pylontech UP2500 (100Ah)

betreiben.

Der Händler sagt mir jetzt dass ich dazu min. 200Ah benötige, ansonsten starter der Phönix nicht.

Mit lithium Batterien habe ich leider keine. Erfahrungen.

rc1991 asked
rc1991 commented ·

2 Answers

Adding solar power to MultiPlus 12/3000/120

Hi All

I have an off grid home powered by a small HGI remote welfare unit, controlled by a MultiPlus 12/300/120. It was built as a stand alone unit, I purchased it ,complete, 12 months or so ago, from eBay. Unfortunately HGI have now ceased trading.

It serves a bank of deep cycle 12v batteries, cutting in when the voltage drops to around 11 volts and cutting out when it deems the bank is fully charged.

It has run around 750 hours so far, at around 3/4 hours a day, using approx 0.55 litres an hour (I'm very pleased with it's performance!)

I would like to add input, to the batteries, from 4 x 260w panels running through a small charge controller.

I have set everything up and it happily charges the batteries, connected directly, with the generator switched off (Thus the MultiPlus has no 'Mains / Shore power' supply.) The inverter (To 220v ac) works as normal.

If I allow the MultiPlus to start the generator automatically, as normal, will there be any confliction as the level of solar input to the batteries, changes with the sun being shaded on and off through the day, or is it necessary to supply the solar power through the MultiPlus?

Many thanks, in anticipation,

Stef

dieselspanner asked
hjohnson answered ·

1 Answer

Can't Pair Smart Solar 150/35

I had my Android phone paired to my Smart Solar 150/35 MPPT. But the phone got wet and died. Now I'm trying to use the desktop Connect App on my Windows PC to connect and it refuses to pair.

I'm using the correct PIN. This is what it shows and it just takes me back to the PIN entry form:

[image]

I've tried entering "000000" and "123456" and the PUK on the sticker it says "That PIN didn't work..."
I've tried pushing in the grey radial button next to the V.E. Connect for 10 seconds... No luck.

Can anyone help?

rob-mccarthy asked
rob-mccarthy commented ·

1 Answer

MPPT 75/15 load output to charge solar generator

So as to not bury the lead, I have a solar panel with 46.6 Voc and a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15. I'd like to use them to charge a Bluetti EB70S from the Load output of the MPPT without anything connected to the Battery output.

The Bluetti has a single input for solar, DC, & AC charging so I can't bypass its MPPT. There is another thread on this site that indicates the SmartSolar MPPT Load output follows voltage profile of the charge profile. If there isn't a battery connected to Battery output, will this work at all? I could also connect the Bluetti from the Battery output of the SmartSolar MPPT, but two MPPT controllers seems like a bad idea.

If you think this whole setup is a square peg in a round hole, you would be right. I was planning on finalizing & installing a 24v system *after* a long summer trip to pick up our new camper and then use it for a month. But then yesterday StarLink announced a service for RV's that would let me do some work from the campground rather than seeking out cell service/wifi/shared workspaces. It requires 120v AC and we leave to pick up our camper in 3 weeks, then straight into our trip. There's no reasonable option for installing a whole new system on the road, let alone sourcing it all.

I have slowly been acquiring components for the permanent install, which currently consist of only a couple of panels (VoC 46.6v) I would be wiring in either series or parallel depending on the MPPT input specs. The panels came with a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15, so I have two of those but hadn't decided yet whether to use them or not in the permanent install.

So, for the immediate need I'm pivoting to purchasing a Bluetti EB70S and keeping it charged with one of my existing panels & the MPPT 75/15 if that will work.

kaid asked
kaid answered ·

1 Answer

Settings for solar install

I need help. I live in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia, Canada, have an older Motor Home and with the help of You Tube just finished installing the below listed components. A huge shout-out to any and all You Tube Creators that have put so much time, effort and energy into making this available to novice installers like me. Upon viewing numerous hours of this content It became quite apparent I should install quality panels, batteries, components and diligently ensure where and when to use the right size cables, switches, fuses etc.

The installation went well, is now complete including all device communication connections but from here is where I get stumped and I don’t dare want to get it wrong. I really don’t understand the instructions well enough and am worried I will not get the settings right for each device. I don’t know what device to start with and what device would be next and what settings to change and what settings to leave.

Any assistance/advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

My Victron Components –

Victron Energy - MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

Victron Energy Cerbo GX

Victron Energy SmartShunt 500 amp Battery Monitor (Bluetooth)

Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 100V 50 amp 12/24-Volt Solar Charge Controller (Bluetooth)

Victron Energy Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-Volt 30 amp 360-Watt DC-DC Charger, Isolated (Bluetooth)

Victron Energy Lynx Distributor

Victron Energy VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth)

Victron Energy Interface MK3-USB (VE.Bus to USB) – not installed but used to set parameters.

Renogy 100W 12V Mono Panels(6) – 3-series x 2-parallel (60V x 10A)

SOK 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 Battery(3) connected in parallel – SOK recommended settings –

Bulk(high constant current): 14.6V, Absorption voltage: 14.6V, Float voltage: 13.6V,

caniwi asked
trevor-bird answered ·

24 Answers

Followers

254 Posts
237 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
safiery
0 Points