multiplus in parallel Image

multiplus in parallel

It should be possible to deduce the hw. rev. from the s.n. right ? (Help buying additional MP II)

This is making my next Victron acquisition pretty difficult! To sum it up (more detailed context bellow if you have the patience to read...), I think it shouldn't be difficult to deduct the hw rev from the serial number, all we need to obtain is confirmation that the serial numbers are not interrupted within the same PMP. Can someone from Victron please confirm ? After that we could have a list of serial numbers...

I've been on and off searching these forums as time (and patience :)) permits, to find the small details I need to know to add an additional unit (more additional units actually planned later on...) to parallel with my current PMP 482305010 HW rev. 12. There is almost no information regarding the hardware revisions within the same PMP and I even found a situation where a user found HW rev. 16 incompatible with hw rev. 12 (both PMP 482305010!!) despite the firmware indicating it was compatible... The only totally safe and best way is of course to use the same hw rev. and hence my initial question at the top.

Thanks!

jven asked
jven edited ·

0 Answers

7 Answers

Multiplus Compact led indication codes

I'm trying to find led codes for Multiplus Compact.
The manaul shows only basic ones, the Victron Tool app doesn't cover Multplus Compact at all.

One of my two Multi Compacts working in parallel shows blinking both red and green led, what does it mean ?

Philip asked
daver-1 answered ·

1 Answer

Faulty Multiplus II internal measurement sensor?

Hello,

I'm running 3 Multiplus II 5000 parallel in an offgrid installation controlled by a Cerbo GX. All PV is DC coupled.

As the winter is coming I need from time to time assistance from a generator.

My problem is that the input current limit feature is not working anymore.

Please see attached pictures:

[image]

You can see drawing 4,4kW from the genset, but 0A. On top a weird -7.3A on the outside.

[image]

For testing I at the moment I started EV Charging with 3.6kW + 0.5kW house load. So this AC Loads value can't be right on top. Double checked with a AC Clamp meter.

What I now have done in first step is to reduce the Charger Amp limit in the Multiplus to 10A (in fact 30A as there are 3x Multiplus) through victron connect so that even localization of the failure is possible.

The input current limit doesn't take any effect. Even tried to re set this through victron connect and also disabled "can be overruled by remote" with no effect. Sure I set this on the master and both slaves. 6 A in each device which should end up in 18A (around 4,1kW).

This definitely had worked half a year ago.

For me it seems that at one of the multiplusses the internal measurement is not working anymore.

Any other thoughts?
Could it help to rearrange them with another being the master?

Firmware is 490 on the multis.

The Multiplusses are 11 month old and bought in germany. The problem is that I won't get any support from the (official) seller. I already hat a faulty battery from them where they already didn't do anything, so my lawyer is on this :(

Thanks in advance.

klandos asked
klandos commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 24/1600 with MK2 for parallel operation

I recently bought and installed 2 Multiplus 24/1600 inverters and an MK2 USB. I'm just trying to program them for parallel operation, but VE Config3 and VE.Bus Quick Configure won't let me into the inverter. VE Config3 says it detects the MK2, but then goes to a screen asking to select a coms port. The VE.Bus Quick Configure doesn't seem to detect the MK2. I'm using windows 10, which recognizes the MK2 as a device, and I'm pretty sure I managed to install the drivers correctly, after all VEConfig3 says the MK2 is detected. Please help.

critterfer asked
mirek answered ·

3 Answers

Switching back and forth between parallel and single configuration - multiplus 2's

Just wondering here....I have parallel mp2 2x120 in a 50a RV setup. The minimum input current limit in this configuration is 18.6. Say I find myself in a situation where I need to plug into a 15a outlet. I know I can hook up the mk3 and easily change config, but my question is...would it be possible to just unplug the ve.bus from the second inverter, switch it off, and reconfigure the master mp2 to run in stand alone? Or would I have to break the ac in and ac out from the second inverter even though it would be off and ve.bus not connected to it?

I can't say for sure I would ever need to do this but it would be nice to have the answer before it's needed.

derrick thomas asked
Paul B edited ·

1 Answer

MK3 not connecting to multiplus 24/1600/40 on Windows 10

Greetings. I have two Multiplus 24/1600/40's that I would like to connect in parallel. I have been unable to communicate with them in any way. I've tried a laptop and desktop computer with apple iOS and windows 10 operating systems. I've tried VE Configure 3, and VE The drivers seem to work fine. No yellow triangle, and the device is recognised as an MK3. I've downloaded the drivers both from Victron website and directly from FTDI website. Tried completely wiping everything and starting over several time. The inverters and MK3 were purchased within the past year, just months ago. I've tried everything I can think of and there is absolutely no communication between the MK3 and inverter, nothing, ever. Please HELP!!!

Closed

critterfer asked
Alexandra commented ·

9 Answers

Parallel connecting Phoenix multiplus 24/3000/70 with ...?

Hi all,

I am looking to extend my system with another inverter. I now have a Phoenix multiplus 24/3000/70 from 2009. I have a HEX number of 1812017.

On the form I read about not being able to connect compacts, phoenix inverters and newer multi's with my firmware. My question is three fold.

1. If I am able to get another Phoenix multiplus with the a simmilar HEX number (beginning with 18) is it then possible to connect them parallel?

2. What cable do I use to connect the two? I only have 1 RJ45 port for my control panel and 2 10pin ports of witch I don't know the name. The manual says it should be possible to connect with other devices from the port. (https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/Installation%20Manual%20Multi%20and%20Phoenix%20Inverter%20(Non%20VE.Bus%20models).pdf Paragraph 1.6.6.)

3. With the correct cable, will the parallel set than communicate via the old MK2 protocol? Or do I need to install a certain protocol?

See below for pitures of the inside of my current phoenix multiplus.

Thanks!

IMG_20220623_110913_1.jpg

IMG_20220623_110933_1.jpg

manus asked
nickdb commented ·

1 Answer

Montage 2 multiplus avec 2 parcs batterie differents

Bonjour,

Est il possible de monter 2 multiplus II 48/5000 identique en parallèle avec chacun un parc de batterie différent ( un lithium et un plomb). En montage ESS avec cerbo gx

cedricr21 asked
tom4x edited ·

1 Answer

Multi Compact parallel compatibility

May I connect parallel two Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70-16 (both CMP121620000), one of them is HQ15131FPJI and second HQ16428BNP4. They are more than 1 year apart in production, will they work ?
Is there a website with compatibility chart ? Where should I ask for checking ?

Philip asked
Philip edited ·

0 Answers

Multi Compact Solid Alarm Light

I have 2 Compact Multis 24/1600 in parallel, all working fine, now the slave has a solid red Alarm Light, I reconfiged the master to standalone and it is fine, Have tried disconnecting both AC and DC for a day or so- no change, VEconfig cant now detect the broken multi (tried different UTP cables and ports, to be clear it goes straight to solid alarm when turned on to either inverter or charger only- no other lights flash, was plugged into shore power at the time.

Any thoughts thanks??

ssb asked

0 Answers

MultiPlus II, 3 Phase, Parallel 30kVA, How many current transformers are needed?

The system comprises 6x MP II 48/5000 in a 30kVA 3-phase configuration. Looking to use the Victron external current transformers to improve the ACin Current accuracy.

1. The manuals point to one CT per Phase Master. Is this correct, or do the Phase Slaves need external CTs as well?
  2. If CTs are not needed on the Phase Slaves, what is the correct VE.Config setting for the external current sensor of the Phase Slaves?

Thanks for the help.

anieuwstadt asked
anieuwstadt commented ·

1 Answer

Offgrid Solar System

Hello everyone, Please help me to select suitable Vectron products to fully off-grid solar solutions to achieve the following requirement. Peak power consumption 16kW. daily energy consumption is 145kWh. Day time -40kWh and night time 105kWh. waiting for your help.

sajeewa-lakmal asked

0 Answers

Multiplus-II 3000/120v 48v in parallel OR one Quattro 5000/120v 48 ?

Two (2) Multiplus-II 3000/120v 48v $1,149.00 x 2 = $2,298.00

One (1) Quattro 5000/120v 48v = $2,269.00

Other than "idle consumption", which is less with two multiplus-ii on parallel, what are the advantages of one over the other?

Charlie asked
Jason - UK answered ·

1 Answer

Any plans to change minimum input current limits on multiplus 2

As the title suggests, does victron have any plans to change (lower) the minimum input current limit for the multiplus 2? I have 2 of the 24/3000/70-50 2x120 installed in parallel in my RV (in the us) and the lowest I am able to set the input current combined between the 2 units is 18.6. On occasion I do plug into a 20 amp outlet which of course is limited to 16 amps. (This scenario can actually be quite common in the us, especially when parked at relatives driveway for a visit) Also I would like to be able to run from my little Honda in a pinch if the onboard Genny takes a dump. The Honda is limited to 13.8 amps. I realize I can disable the power assist and set the current limit lower, but that defeats the whole purpose of being able to run larger loads through the inverters from limited shore power.

What say you Victron?

derrick thomas asked
derrick thomas commented ·

1 Answer

Followers

185 Posts
156 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

Alexandra
302 Points
wkirby