zero feedin Image

zero feedin

This topic has been merged into ESS . Please use ESS when editing or creating new content.

ET112 grid meter measurement shows "disconnected" while it seems it's not

Hi

I'm running an ESS setup where the grid power information is sent from the ET112 grid meter back to a Victron Multiplus II 5000.
Everything seems to run rather fine but the console keeps showing that my grid meter is disconnected.. while the battery seems to charge ok.

[image]

Now looking at the realtime display in VRM the grid value fluctuates really a lot.
Sometimes I see it saying that the net is giving 2000W while it's just the opposite, it's being fed with 4000... Then 10 seconds later it shows that it's being fed with 4000 then 10s later that turns to 10W then positive again.. That grid meter box corresponds really to nothing.
I have a homewizard connected to my (official) smartmeter and that one is perfeclty smooth and shows the expected values (same for another meter on the same output, connected to my Solarlog. That one shows correct values).

Any idea what could be the issue? I have about 5m of CAT5 UTP cable between the ET112 and the Multiplus.

jeanphi500 asked
shaneyake commented ·

4 Answers

Victron ESS + ET112 = slow response

Hi,

Recently I've installed ET112 grid meter on my system (which was using CT sensor previously) and I've noticed that the Multi is very slow on response to load. Currently my system looks like this:

[image]

The grid set point is set to -10W. The multi needs a good 15-18 seconds to stabilize after large load kicks in and another approx 15s to stabilize after load drops off. Check the video from VenusGX (the load is switched on at about 16s of the clip and switched of at 43s of the clip):

Is that how it should be? The difference in the load is just about 1.4kW, why is it taking so long to handle that?

Previously I was using CT Sensor extended with Cat5e cable to over 25m long, the system looked like this:

[image]

The response to load was pretty much instant. I've recorder video using the same load as on the previous one (load switched on at about 10s and switched off at 23s of the video):

The system need seconds to stabilize

Also you can see a clear difference on the Grid use graph from VRM portal:

[image]

[image]

As you can see, with CT sensor the system is very close to grid set point, with ET112 grid meter it is way off and hardly ever stay close to set point. The situation is even worst during cloudy day when PV power is fluctuating (you cen see it on my other youtube video).

Is it normal behavior? It looks like Multi can handle this load easily, the problem seems to be in the feedback from the grid meter (or algorithm when ET112 is in use). Is there anything I can do to improve this reaction time??? Please advice.

Kind Regards

mysik asked
shaneyake commented ·

11 Answers

Pylontech internal Error in der Nacht

Hallo,

Ich habe nun das zweite mal in folge einen Internal Error von einer meiner beiden Pylontech US2000C.

Die einzige Einstellung die in in den letzten tagen geändert habe war den SOC von 35 auf 5% runter zu setzen.

Bisher haben beide immer sauber funktioniert.

Ich habe einmal von allen Battery Widgets aus dem VRM Portal ein Foto gemacht.

Der Fehler tritt immer nachts auf.

Einstellungen habe ich aus dem Video von Panda Solar übernommen.

Bilder dazu habe ich auch gemacht.

Vielleicht kann mir jemand bei dem Problem helfen.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Pylontech fehler.jpg

Multi Einstellungen.png

Batterie 2-2.png

Batterie 1-2.png

der-neue asked
lifeingalicia answered ·

4 Answers

What's the lowest inverter operational DC input voltage of a 48V GX controlled ESS?

After several issues with a firmware update stopping my ESS working with a connected 40A sensor, I am finally getting the system work work as intended but one sticking issue is the voltage will not go below 41.2V, regardless to any settings I adjust.

[image]

41.2V happens to be the minimum inverter restart voltage set out by the ESS assistant and is the only thing I can think is the issue, but why does the inverter cut out at the voltage the inverter should be restarting at, if my assumption is correct. If the DC input low shut down is 37.2V, why does it show down at 41.2v?

To test my assumption, I have set every voltage I can adjust to its lowest setting so see if there is any change, and still no change. Dynamic cut-off all set to 36V & sustain set to 36V in the ESS

[image]

assistant. DC input shut-down set to 37.2V, DC input low restart set to 41.2V (the same voltage the inverter cuts out at???) My ideal minimum is 38V to maximise the useful energy within the battery whilst maintaining battery longevity.

I have even turned off Battery monitor in the remote console, as well as setting th minimum SOC to 0%, Ive turned off BatteryLife (set it to Optimized (without batterylife), DVCC off, Low battery voltage alarm disabled, still it will not go below 41.2V

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK edited ·

1 Answer

ESS - "Minimum SoC" overriding SoC in scheduling

Hi,

A background on what I am trying to achieve here. Our grid is there for 0-6 hours per day, and electricity is still cheap. I am running ESS optimized with battery life, on a quattro 8k and byd lvs 24kwh. My goal is to use the grid to charge the batteries in two schedules:

1. fully from 4PM to 3AM
  2. 50% from 3AM to 9AM (then PV can pickup the rest)

This is my setup:

[image]

Now the grid came online today at 7AM, the batteries were at 68% and yet it started charging the batteries, until I lowered the minimum SOC to 65%:

[image]

Is this the expected behavior here? I was under the impression that the grid won't charge the batteries between 3AM and 9:30AM (schedule 2) unless it is below 50% and it would stop there.

EDIT: This is an AC coupled system with a fronius primo 8.2 if it matters. Cerbo GX at the heart of the setup

micmak asked
micmak published ·

4 Answers

Victron EV charging station + ESS configuration possibilities

Hi guys, this may be a question for the Victron team. I am looking to purchase the new EV charging station, but i have some questions on how it can be configured together with a grid bound ESS system, i could not determine the answer myself on the available documentation or video.

This i was able to find: In automatic mode it will only use excess energy when the home battery is fully charged, and in off grid systems it is possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery in a grid bound ESS system before the EV charger kicks in? For example, when the ESS minimum SOC is lets say 20% before getting power from the grid, can the minimum SOC for the EV charger be set at 50% at the same time? In this case the EV charger would use the home battery from 100% to 50%, and the remaining 50% to 20% would be reserved for domestic use at night. Would the EV charger stop using the home battery at set SOC, and only solar power afterwards?

2. A follow up question. Would it then be possible to set the maximum power drain from the home battery? Lets say while charging the EV, it will use all available solar, and only XXX watts from the home battery? This so some reserve power is available for domestic use without having to use the grid.

Thanks!

Michael

michaelvh asked
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

8 Answers

MultiPlus-II GX Zigbee Meter

Can the MultiPlus-II GX range accept meter input via Zigbee, like the other GX devices can?

If so, is about 15m range and 3 walls going to be an obstacle for the wireless comms?

I’m trying to figure out what to buy to get the setup I need. The MultiPlus-II will be in my shed next to the Smartsolar charge controller, PV panels, and batteries. The meter is in the middle of the house and I can’t easily run a new cable from it, so I want a wireless-capable meter. I’m guessing the ET-112 will be the best choice here. The CT clamp must be connected directly to the MultiPlus if used, so that’s not an option. Or can a standalone GX device accept input from a CT clamp?

I already have an Aeotec ZWave CT clamp meter feeding data into Home Assistant, but I don’t think I could use that unless I run the Venus OS on raspberry pi and do something bespoke - would prefer not to go that route.

James B asked
James B commented ·

0 Answers

Ajout ESS sur autoconso existante

Bonjour,

je souhaite faire évoluer une installation PV 2.2kWc + micro-onduleur en mode autoconsommation pour lui adjoindre du stockage.

Je suis parti sur un MULTIPLUS 48V/3kVA avec un atelier 48V/100Ah (évolutif par la suite) + 1 ET112 coté réseau, en mode "PV in parallel " comme schématisé en p.10 de la doc "Brochure-Energy-Storage-EN_web.pdf".

L'idée est que le MULTIPLUS vienne en // de la sortie des micro-onduleurs solaires, sans que la totalité de la consommation de la maison ne le traverse : impossible d'installer le MULTI et le stockage à l'endroit où arrive le réseau, pas la place. L'ensemble de stockage sera déporté dans le garage et la liaison avec l'ET112 devra surement se faire en ZigBee vu la distance entre mon TGBT/arrivée ENEDIS et le MULTI/batteries.

Quelques questions :

- Existe t'il une fiche avec schéma de raccordement unifilaire plus détaillé que les schéma de principe ?

- Je comprend que la fonction de découplage (respect VFR/VDE) est bien assuré dans cette configuration par le MULTI, est ce correct ?

- Existe t'il une configuration type du MULTIPLUS correspondant à ce cas d'application ?

Merci pour votre aide.

krystof69 asked
krystof69 answered ·

5 Answers

Quattro + cerbogx + ESS keeps injecting huge current at random times with feed-in disabled

I have a simple setup in awaiting of the solar panels and charger - just the quattron 10000, 16kw of victron gel batteries with lynx shunt and cerbogx and NO other DC circuit. Meanwhile I use it as a UPS but also loaded ESS to try and learn the various options. The problem is 2-3 days after ESS was activated, the quattro starts randomly to invert. It blinks the led, I hear the buzzings and all, I can also confirm it with the smart meter and VRM graphs.

I even flushed the new firmwares 2 days ago, seemed stable when fresh but now it is again erratic.

It is set as keep batteries charged and always does this... it feeds-in without reason, and from the batteries!

The only way to make it stop (inspired by other threads here) is to set ESS to optimezed with BatteryLIfe , min SoC 100% and limit invert power set to 0, but then although quattro says Float, batteries slowly drain because of cerbogx.

What am I doing wrong? For me this seems completely illogical and unacceptable. And the thing in the graph below is just a huge one, because just looking at console the battery is always charging 1kw, discharging and so on. It never settles properly.

I can confirm it is a ESS problem only (at least in the current simple basic setup with no solar yet - but even with solar, will it do the same at night?), as without it it works as a stadard UPS should.

[image]

ikeakayke asked
ikeakayke answered ·

4 Answers

Schedule charging charge rate

Hi,

Is there a way to set the charge rate (drawn from grid) in ess schedule charging?

I want to charge eV and recharge batteries during low tarrif at night but don't want to be pushing those numbers from grid all at once on max charge, so want to reduce battery charge rate (lower but longer)

However I also don't want to limit overall charge rates as during the day I have ac coupled Pv charging the batteries through multiplus ii.

Ie max charge during the day from PV with grid setpoint being 0

At night I want schedule charging at Lower charge rate.

Thanks,

Matt

matt1309 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

3 phase ESS system drawing from the grid unnecessarily

Hi,

I have a brand new 3 phase ESS system with 3 x Multiplus II 5000VA units.

I can't work out why the system is not generating enough power to net out a large single phase load. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

I get that the multiplus on L1 may not be able to put out any more capacity, but the multiplus on L3 is doing absolutely nothing so plenty of capacity to net out my power consumption.

Multiplus II units were upgraded to the latest version, the Cerbo GX is running 2.57

I'm not really sure what information I should provide to help you diagnose this problem, so I'll just start with a screenshot of the front page. Happy to provide more detail if you can tell me what I should provide.

[image]

daryl asked
marv21 answered ·

3 Answers

Unsupported PV-inverter (Growatt) and grid-failure in ESS setup with Multiplus 3-phase

Hi!
I have a setup where there are 3 Multiplus running in three phase mode connected to the grid in a ESS setup. As PV-inverter we have a Growatt 7000TL3-S connected on Line out of the Multiplus. And it works fine as long as there is a grid conntected, but on test with Grid failure it does not work so well, the charging is very intermitent. Could there be any way to setup the PV-inverter to support this or do we need to install some other component to get this working properly? There is offcourse the option to change PV-inverter, but would like to see this as my last option... ;)

Henrik Känngård asked
Henrik Känngård commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus II GX - ESS - Oscilatting between Max Inverter and Charging

I have a relatively simple Setup:

A few years ago I've installed 4,8kW Peak PV System with a Huawai Inverter. Recently I've added MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX with a 175ah Battery. A Victron Energy Meter ET340 measures the residual load and provides the information to the victron.

[image]

Purpose / Target:

During the day I would like to store the surplus ov the pv generated energy to use it when there is no PV available or the PV is not capable to feed all consumers.

Configuration:

With VEconfigure I've configured the MultiPlus including ESS as shown below.

[image]

[image]

Issue:

The ESS on the Multiplus is oscillating heavily between charging and discharging. It seems to be that the control mechanism of ESS starts the inverter to reach the grid setpoint in the configuration. This leads to a massive surplus which is feeded into the grid (see first screenshot below). This surplus is registered by the multiplus which then controls into the opposite direction and starts charging the battery (see second screenshot). This load causes ESS to take again the other direction and the cycle starts again. This described issue is independent fromthe Huawei inverter which connected to L3. It is caused even when the Huawei inverter is disconnected.

[image]

Surplus at L1 due to Multiplus inerter - Feeded into the grid - caused by a ESS

[image]

Massive Load at L1 due to Multiplus charging - caused by ESS

Attempts to relief:

I've tried to limit the maximum inverter power within the ESS configuration (see above) and tried to set the AC input current limit. These configurations seem to be ignored or have no inpact to the behavior described above.

[image]

Further Configuration Information:

[image]

sascha-brinkmann asked
shaneyake commented ·

7 Answers

Data Showing incorrectly - 3 Phase Grid, 3 Phase PV (Enphase), 1 Phase ESS (MultiPlus-II)

We are using two ET340 Meters, one for the incoming Grid and one for the PV.

The calculations of AC Loads and Critical Loads are very obviously wrong.

Basic Drawing:

[image]

Tests Done:

With no PV

[image]

With just L1 Enphase inverters on:

[image]

With all 3 phases on:

[image]

If we change the Meter programming to AC Input (intentionally wrong but just testing):

[image]

[image]

Incorrect load showing on critical (as expected because the PV is physically on the AC output.)

It seems that the loads are being calculated wrong. L2 and L3 are showing critical load when there is no MultiPlus on there phases and the total calculated plus the grid export is higher than the Production by nearly double.

Try turning “Inverter AC output in use” which removed the Critical load calculation and the AC Load calculation still reads wrong values.

[image]

[image]

Anything else we can try?

ben-stanton asked
shaneyake answered ·

1 Answer

ESS with EM24 Ethernet

Hello,

I am trying to setup a ESS system with one Multiplus-2 GX and two Multiplus-2 and one EM24 Ethernet Energy meter. I thought it is a brilliant idea to work with the Ethernet Version of EM24. But I am afraid I failed.;-) The documentation which came along with the product looks like a manual of IKEA to set up a storage rack Billy. On this piece of paper there aren't any information for setting up network details. I would be satisfied to simply change DHCP from OFF to ON or to setup in detail IP-adress, gateway etc. - but nothing at all.

With some research in internet I found a document which gives more in detail information for this. But my brain is to small to get how to manage. I was playing with the menu on the energy meter for more than 90 minutes but no chance to change IP settings or to switch DHCP ON.

Please help! Any hints and recommendation are welcome!

DayAndNight

dayandnight asked
cheepverchecker edited ·

9 Answers

1268 Posts
23 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.