gui Image

gui

This topic has been merged into Venus OS . Please use Venus OS when editing or creating new content.

Large OS Node-Red password

Hi Everybody,

want to set a password for Node-Red but I don't know how or where respectively. I understood that I have to modify settings in the settings.js but I cant find it.

Please can somone give me a hont hot to set up a password if it is possible at all?

Thanks in advance

https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runtime/securing-node-red

senna1976 asked
senna1976 commented ·

1 Answer

go-eCharger integration in Venus OS

Hi community,

I just finalized my integration of the go-eCharger as a evcharger into the Victron OS. You can find my project on github with all you need to setup: https://github.com/vikt0rm/dbus-goecharger

[image]

[image]

[image]

vikt0rm asked
izeman commented ·

3 Answers

Phoenix Inverter 20 watt = 0 watts

Hi , just got my phoenix inverter 12/500 powered up for a quick and dirty test run and connected it to my venos os pi box , it shows up and all is working , the output voltage is there 230 v , but it say 0.0 amp , 0 watts on 20 watts .

Does it only show increments of 0.1 amps , 24 watts ?

peter-3 asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

VE.Direct to USB , How many to do this ?

Hi , I have set up a Venos OS Raspberry Pi and the VRM portal , and connected my 100/20 smart controller via a ve.direct to usb , But I have just put on order a , Smart shunt , a 150/35 smart controller and a Phoenix inverter.

I know I need one for the inverter because it doesn't have any Bluetooth and needs to ve.direct cable , BUT can I make a smart network and include the 150/35 controller and the smart stunt .

Can I let the 100/20 controller pass all of the devices on smart network via the ve.direct cable to the VRM , OR do I need a cable for each and every device ?

peter-3 asked
peter-3 commented ·

1 Answer

Is it possible to lock settings/pages with a PIN/Password?

Hello,

is it possible to lock access to certain settings or pages in Venus OS with a PIN/Password? If so, could you tell how or send a link to instructions?

I'd be very thankful.

Best wishes!

shipbuilder101 asked
nickdb commented ·

2 Answers

Resolution / Scaling GUI on RaspberryPI

Hello,

I build an off-grid solarinstallation.

I want to have a litle Dashboard. And I have installed Venus OS on RPI3.

Sadly the gui is not scaling. My resolution is 1280x800.

I can not find something about that until now. Any ideas here?

[image]

metalstromer asked
metalstromer edited ·

0 Answers

Incorrect Grid Input Measurement

Hi all, I have a Multiplus II gx 5vka with 2x MPPT 150/60s and a FreedomWon 20/15 LifeP04 battery in an ESS configuration,

My issue is I have noticed that the grid input measurement shows that it is accurately trying to maintain my chosen grid set point of 50W however when I measure the current from the grid to the Multiplus II with an ameter i see that the power from grid to the inverter is actually around 350-400 watts. Is this a known issue with the Multiplus 2 units? is my unit just badly inaccurate?

robincg asked
marekp commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus2: Grid assist only when battery soc is less than ~10%

As the title say, is it possbile to do such configuration where grid Input kicks in only when battery level is below, lets say 10%... and then when reached 98%, grid would turn off. I've been playing round with ESS, but this seems to be solution for a bit different scheme.

jengstro asked
jengstro commented ·

9 Answers

Is Venus os suppost to reconnect to ve direkt USB device

Is Venus os suppost to reconnect to ve direkt USB if device lost? Or do you have to unplug USB and plug/reboot Venus os?

matteburk asked
matteburk answered ·

3 Answers

VE.Bus BMS and MultiPlus / Cerbo combination

I have wanted to be able to control the Multiplus via the Cerbo, but the VE.Bus BMS and VE.Bus BMS Assistant on the Multiplus block the Cerbo from changing the invert state between On / Off / Invert Only / Charge Only.

Having done some testing I have reverted to the 2-Wire BMS assistant on the Multiplus and wired the VE.Bus BMS Charge Disconnect to the Aux 1 port and Pre-Alarm to Aux 2, using an Inverting remote on-off cable. I am now able to change the status of the Multiplus from within the Cerbo Screens. The Cerbo correctly shows the VE.Bus BMS status through the relevant MultiPlus screen. Both disconnected at the moment.

[image]

I also had a VE.Bus Smart Dongle and found I could modify the status of the Multiplus via my phone as well. When status changed the Cerbo reflected that changed status. So I have a system working as I would like, but not using any functionality of the VE.Bus. I guess I could have achieved the same thing using the smallBMS with pre-alarm.

What I was wondering is if anyone can advise what functionality I might have lost by disconnecting the VE.Bus BMS from the VE.Bus?

I have noticed during my testing today that there is no Alarm or Error that is logged when the VE.Bus BMS signals load or charge disconnect, simulated by disconnecting the signal. The Cerbo clearly isn't triggering on the change of the Multiplus VE.Bus BMS status. I am not sure if it ever did alarm/alert when the VE.Bus BMS was connected via the VE.Bus port to know if I lost functionality. I do know a few weeks back I had a VE.Bus BMS Charge disconnect event and never saw anything on the Cerbo.

Hope people find this useful and it would be good to understand what functionality has been lost by taking this approach and not have the VE.Bus BMS communicating on the bus.

bathnm asked
lavignedavid answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX gui sigsegv ... software or hardware?

My Cerbo GX suffers gui restarts several times a day. I've opened https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/928

I'd be grateful for thoughts as to whether this is likely to be a hardware/system issue, or software (perhaps related to 2.84?), as well as suggestions for futher diagnosis.

Thanks!

philipa asked
philipa commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX Storage Full?

Hi everyone,

I have a Cerbo GX installed in a remote system which includes a Multiplus, a few solar chargers and smart Lithium batteries. I have Venus OS Large installed and use Node-Red for some automation.

In general it has worked well and has accomplished what I need. But recently I have noticed some strange behaviours with the Cerbo not doing or reporting what is expected in certain situations.

In Node-Red, now when I go to make a change and redeploy, I get an 'out of space' error like so:

Error: ENOSPC: no space left on device, copyfile '/data/home/root/.node-red/flows_einstein.json' -> '/data/home/root/.node-red/.flows_einstein.json.backup'

I can't find any way to actually check and confirm the storage space situation and don't have physical access to the device for a little longer.

Has anyone had storage space issues with the Cerbo before? Why would it have filled up? Log files? And how can I review this?

Any insights appreciated - thanks!

liam-hogan asked
Stefanie commented ·

2 Answers

'Tank overview' page with Cerbo GX tank level inputs only

In the manual for the GX Tank 140 there is a beautiful 'Tank overview' page that can be enabled. The Cerbo GX have four tank level inputs that I want to use and I don’t want to add a separate GX Tank 140.

Can the 'Tank overview' page be enabled when I just use the Cerbo GX tank level inputs and don’t use the GX Tank 140?

Or must the the GX Tank 140 be connected to the Cerbo GX to be able to activate the Tank overview' page?

[image]

djingis asked
superdavidone commented ·

4 Answers

CAn one connect a Daikin aircondtioner to Cerebo via Blue Tooth

Can a Daikin air conditioner be connected to GX device using bluetooth ( or perhaps WiFi ) ?

merlepeter asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

0 Answers

Venus OS et Raspberry pi 4 v1.5

Est-ce que la nouvelle version de venus OS 2.85 est compatible avec les Raspberry pi 4 récent (board 1.5) ?

J'utilise actuelement une version modifier (2.85~1) de venus os qui fonctionne sur le pi 4 v1.5 mais je préfèrerais utiliser les versions officielles.

Does the news Venus OS 2.85 work with the pi 4 board v1.5 ?

I'm using a modified release of Venus OS (2.85~1) witch works with the Raspberry pi 4 v1.5 but I'd like to use official release.

zarmot asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

2 Answers

1020 Posts
11 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.