touch gx 50 Image

touch gx 50

Multiplus II - AC Input suddenly 0 Watt on GX Touch 50 when connected but battery is charging

Hi,

I have a strange error on my GX Touch 50 display.

I am using a MultiPlus II 48 V / 5000 / 70-50 Inverter and Pylontech batteries with a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50 in one system.

Up to now all systems were working pretty fine. But this one system makes some mistakes.

Inverter is up to date (v481) and Cerbo GX too (v2.66).

When I just switch on AC Loads, then I can observe on my display the Watts which the system is using, see here:

[image]

But when I add AC Input (Grid), then suddenly both windows are on 0 W. Grid connection is also fine.

But looking at the battery its charging (990W). I don't get it. Settings are fine, used all the same for all the systems and in others it worked fine.

[image]

Also when I connect to that directly a cable (USB MK3) to the inverter and start VEConfig, I see in the monitor a number for watts..

Maybe someone could help me. Other systems I am doing exactly the same and are working and show me e.g. 1000 W Grid AC Input and AC loads (if I activate).

Thank you.

markusschwientek asked
dmurdock answered ·

6 Answers

Can I add a second GX Touch 50?

I have a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50 in the salon of my boat. Can I adda second GX Touch 50 at the helm, and how? TIA

Stan Posthumus asked
Paul B commented ·

2 Answers

Victron Energy GX Touch 50 unresponsive

I just installed a Victron Energy GX Touch 50 in tandem with my new Cerbo GX. The touch screen was working fine but then I used the remote console. After that, the touch screen will only show the last thing I did in the remote console and is unresponsive to touch gestures.

Is this a known issue?

How can I get the touch feature working again?

jonmarinello asked
morganb edited ·

4 Answers

Can I use a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50" instead of "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700"

Hi, I am installing a new system with the core components being a Multiplus 12/3000 inverter/charger, 2 x LiFePO4 Smart Batteries (12V/200Ah) & a VE.Bus BMS. I have been recommended to include a "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700", but I'm wondering if it would be better to replace those 2 items with a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50". I would like the ability to monitor/control things remotely, and I have read (in other posts here) that you cannot change any settings remotely (nor via the touch panel), that can be set via the physical switches on the DMC (which takes priority).

So my question is really, can you do everything via the Cerbo GX & Touch 50, thus doing away with the need for the DMC & BMV altogether?

solarboat asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

3 Answers

My GX 50 touch screen is dead after 2 weeks.

All of a sudden, i went to touch my display and no output. I unplugged & replugged the usb into a different one reseated the HDMI, rebooted the Cerbo GX. Nothing no output.

saullyman asked
caspartfg answered ·

4 Answers

never mind

never mind

Closed

tmartin000 asked
Paul B answered ·

3 Answers

REC BMS + Cerbo GX + Touch 50 [Touch 50 display is on but touch not working]

I've got the HDMI and USB cables from the Touch 50 plugged into the Cerbo GX and the touchscreen won't respond.

My REC BMS is also plugged into the Cerbo GX and there is the text "REC BMS" overwriting the text of the top left corner on the display.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to get these two to harmonize?

[image]

[image]

thirdeyesamuel asked
thirdeyesamuel commented ·

1 Answer

Menu back arrow GX touch 50 display connected to a Cerbo GX.

Hello community, I have a question regarding a GX touch 50 display connected to a Cerbo GX. After installation everything works fine except the back arrow. If you for instance go into settings en want to go back to the previous menu this 'arrow shaped button' does not work. Is there a solution for this problem or is the screen defect?

wytse asked
wytse commented ·

0 Answers

Cerbo and GX 50 stops responding - Power cycle Cerbo is only way to fix

My Touch 50 will go black occasionally but it happened twice yesterday. When this happens the Cerbo's lights are off and I cannot connect to it through Bluetooth. Pulling power to Cerbo is the only way I've found to reset.

Cerbo is at firmware v2.73

squarej asked

0 Answers

Show Fahrenheit on Touch GX with Cerbo

Is there a way to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit on my Touch GX?

squarej asked

0 Answers

GX Touch type of HDMI / MHL 3?

Hello

Does anyone know and can say, what kind of hdmi is to connect the GX Touch, does it have the MHL 3 protocol?

Thank you very much

ditmarco asked
Kevin Windrem answered ·

1 Answer

Victron Energy GX Touch 50 display glitch

I purchased a Touch 50 display on Nov 1, 2020 from Amazon. Yesterday it developed a glitch in the display. There is a horizontal line of pixels that remains on (white color) no matter what is being displayed. How long is the warranty and will Victron replace my unit? Appreciate the help!

jonmarinello asked
pau1phi11ips answered ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX touchscreen won't turn on Multiplus via RJ45 cable

My Cerbo GX touchscreen will not turn on the Multiplus via the RJ45 cable after I turn it off from the Cerbo Gx touch screen. It seems to lose the connection. With the multiplus in the inverter mode, If I manually disconnect the RJ45 cable and connect again, then I regain the connection and able to operate the Multiplus. Once I make that connection, I am able to operator the Multiplus from the Cerbox GX touchscreen and as long as I don't turn off the Multiplus from the Cerbo GX, it stays connected but once I turn off the Multiplus with the Cerbo GX, I lose the connection and can not turn back on the Multiplus unless I unplug the RJ45 cable from the Cerbo and re-connect. Any ideas on how to fix. I have re-booted my system several times, I have the most current firmware.

hdaniels asked
nebulight commented ·

2 Answers

Testing Touch 50 is powered

DIY marine solar install. Trying to ease into initial startup on the DC side. Does the Touch 50 require the PV load to be connected into the system for the screen to light? Cerbo is connected to the battery bank for power to the Touch but the PV's aren't connected while I confirm the Touch is in the loop.

rodd asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

2 Answers

Multiplus/GX Touch + Multi Control

I have Multiplus and GX Touch, is there an advantage in also having a Digital Multi Control ?

It would look nice on my panel, but does it add any extra features?

jokani asked
jokani commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus - adjusting shore power limit

I expect to adjust the shore power limit on my Multiplus (3kva) fairly frequently.

Q1: Can I adjust the shore power limit using Victron Connect app & Cerbo?
Q2: Can I adjust the shore power limit using Touch 50 & Cerbo?

I am aware of the DMC, and how easy it would be to adjust the shore power limit using it, but would rather purchase the more fully featured Touch 50 over a DMC, if the Touch 50 supports this. And I would prefer to use the Connect app and not purchase either DMC or Touch 50 if the Connect app supports this.

Thanks!

cw8 asked
Kevin Windrem answered ·

2 Answers

Easysolar 12/1600-70 Remote Inverter Control

Hi,

I’m looking at getting an Easysolar 12/1600-70 system for my van with a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50 to streamline the installation. Can anyone tell me if the inverter in this system can be controlled (on-off) using the Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50? Or will I need a separate 3 way switch to control this?

Thanks very much,
Paul

barneytrubs asked
barneytrubs commented ·

1 Answer

Control Multiplus with GX Touch

As stated, from memory and towards the end of 2020, the ability to control a Multiplus 12/3000 via the GX Touch 50/Cerbo GX simply didnt exist.

Is this still the case, or has there been an update implemented that now allows this to occur? If so, does it also control current limit? Not that id want to adjust that anyway. And does it work with a Ve.Bus BMS installed?

brent1982 asked

2 Answers

How can I set up a manual switch on the Touch 50 GX to activate / deactivate a Relais on the cerbo GX

Hi,

In would like to switch on the wate heater using an external Relais. This Relais should be activated by the internal Relais of the Cerbo GX. As this is possible i am wondering how i can get a ”switch” or icon on the screen of the touch 50 like the one for the fuel pump. I do not find it very Convenient that i need to go into the settings to activate or deactivate.

Ideally it would be shut off If a certain temperature is reached by using a temperature probe Connected to the cerbo.

Do anyone have an idea how to get this done?

Best

Stefan

sv-unsinn asked
Luit Jan answered ·

4 Answers

No Analog inputs shown on cerbo gx.

Originally was showing temperature and tank options in menus. While installing resistive tank sensors the cerbo GX rebooted. now all analog options are blank. The tank over view page shows no tanks connected and no options for temperature sensors available. How can I get those items to show again? It seems like the cerbo GX hardware may have faulted out.

jayoung asked
svaeolus answered ·

1 Answer

Solution to Cerbo GX Wi-Fi issue when having the GX Touch connected

Dear all,

This message is to inform about a Wi-Fi related problem in the Cerbo GX. Some Cerbo GX-es will not properly work on certain Wi-Fi networks when having a GX Touch display installed. If they do or not depends on the (channel of the) Wi-Fi network, and on how exactly an antenna cable inside the Cerbo GX ended up when manufactured.

Its obviously not good and I’m not happy with it, but it is what it is and you’re better off knowing all the details than not knowing them.

There are a few solutions, one is to simply send it back to your dealer; to have it repaired.

The other is to make the wifi network work on a one of a few specific channels; which don’t have the issue (details in the pdf)

And lastly, if you’re technical, you can fix it by opening the unit up and repositioning the antennas to make sure its cable is no longer close (or even touching) the hdmi connector or surrounding area.

Now, don’t get me wrong wrt the repair: you’re more than welcome to return it for repair. But still I chose to share the details of the repair as I can imagine that for some it will be the preferred option.

Lastly, my apologies! Especially to those who have spent a lot of time trying to find out why it wouldn’t connect to wifi.

And a big thank you to @WKirby who helped uncover the issue and even to find the solution. Warwick has been a great help in this.

All the best,

Matthijs Vader

Ps. All distributors and dealers have been informed about the issue via email.

2021-03 Cerbo GX Wi-Fi issues when combined with GX Touch - v2.pdf

mvader (Victron Energy) asked
anders-3 answered ·

6 Answers

GX Touch 50 stopped working (blank) after Tank 140 is connected

I have a Cerbo GX, GX Touch 50 and Tank 140 with 4-20 mA sensors connected to ports 3 and 4 on the Tank 140. My understanding is this should work using the USB connection to the Tank 140 as the power source.

I set it all up in May and the system worked for a few days, displaying tank information correctly and the GX Touch 50 provided the expected interface. Then the GX Touch 50 stopped working (blank screen, doesn't seem powered).

I returned the Cerbo on RMA and just received a new one. I commissioned it plugging in one device at a time (starting with the GX Touch 50, which worked when initially connected). After connecting the BMV-712 and Multiplus Compact (all okay), I then plugged in the Tank 140 and the Touch 50 screen immediately shut off and won't work now, despite reboots and regardless of whether the Tank 140 is connected or not.

From the web interface, the Cerbo otherwise seems to be working fine, and when the Tank 140 is connected I can see the tank data as expected. But the Touch 50 won't come back. Any ideas?

michael-delage asked

0 Answers

GX Touch 50 restarting spontaneously

Hi guys, my GX Touch 50 keeps power cycling spontaneously. I am running V2.66 firmware on Cerbo can’t upgrade to 2.71 as I think internet connection is poor. Anyone know why the touch screen keeps restarting?

steve-may asked

2 Answers

Temperature on GX Touch 50

I have installed a temperature sensor for my fridge connected to a Cerbo GX. Is it possible to get the temperature to display on the screen similar to the tank info? The only way I can figure out how to see the temp is to go into connected devices.

Thank You

last-dance asked
raphael answered ·

1 Answer

Can I control my Multiplus 24/3000 with the Cerbo GX via the GX touch 50 instead of the Multi Control panel?

I'm about to purchase the Multiplus 24/3000, wondering if I can "control it" (turn on/off) via the Cerbo GX and GX touch instead of installing the Multi Control Panel?

krystof asked
pwfarnell commented ·

1 Answer

Show Starter Battery Voltage on GX Touch

Hello,

we have a Cerbo GX with GX Touch 50 installed on our boat and are desperately looking for a setting to display the voltage of the starter battery. We have a Smart Shunt 500 in the system and can only display the voltage of the starter battery via Bluetooth. Is there also a way to display the voltage in the system overview on the Touch 50?

savannah asked
Kevin Windrem answered ·

3 Answers

Touch Gx Hintergrund ändern?

Kann man auf dem Touch gx ein Hintergrunbild einfügen?

razer05 asked

0 Answers

Other Touch screens not working on Cerbo GX

I have a Cerbo GX that I want to connect to a large touchscreen monitor. Research in this community suggests a generic monitor is possible in RPI, but can’t find info for the Cerbo GX. The monitor displays the GX data and menu, but the touch part does not work. Does anyone have way to recalibrate the new screen for use in the Cerbo?

tilapia asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

1 Answer

GX Touch 50 Manual

Is there any documentation on the GX Touch 50 other than the short video? Something like an operating manual or similar?

tpbradysr asked
robert-cook commented ·

2 Answers

Touch 50 display zoomed and non resposive

I have CerboGX and Touch 50. It was working fine, but not when it boots up the display is zoomed so the whole display does not fit on the screen, and it is not responsive. The only think that I've done since it was working is turn it off, unplug the connectors and reassemble everything. I also tried to connect to the local wifi using my iphone but it failed.

woodbri asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

1 Answer

Followers

68 Posts
61 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.