cerbo gx Image

cerbo gx

Kohler 7.5 Quattro Cerbo GX With Load Sensing Gen Start

My genset is controlled "start/stop" by sensing the presence or absence of a load on the line. It also has a two wire start/stop. The two wire will not stop the genset if there's a load present. My question is, will the Quattro AC IN-1 contactor open and close as necessary for my genset when programmed with the gen start/stop features in the Quattro or Cerbo GX or do I need to add a external contactor?

Thank you

burnscraft asked
marc-heide answered ·

4 Answers

Grid feeding Problem

Hi to everybody willing to help me!

I have a Problem:

My setup:
Multiplus II
two Chargecontrollers connectetd VE Direct to a
Cerbo GX
EM24 Meter.

When I switch on the Grid power and the Multiplus starts feeding into the Grid, everything breaks down.
The Energy is flowing in every direction, back and forth from the battery and the MPII is jumping Power up and down. (If I am only drawing power from the grid everything is fine)

Also the LEDs on the chargecontrollers are blinking and it is switchin nonstop between Bulk and float mode.

If I disconnect one chargecontroller from the CerboGx everything is suddenly fine!
(Although the chargecontroller ist still delivering power and it is fed to the grid)

Where should I start looking? Everythink is updated and works great if
A) The grid is connected and the feed grid is disabeld
B) VE Direct cabel is not connected to the larger Chargecontroller.

Thank you!

testor90 asked
marekp commented ·

5 Answers

Cerbo GX shows wrong Quattro input for Input Current Limit

We have installed two independant Quattros connected to a CerboGX. One through VE Bus and the other through MK3 to USB adapter.

Both Quattro units have Shore power on AC Input 2. One has a generator connected to AC input 1. AC input 1 (generator) is set to 40 amps and "Controlled by remote" is disabled. AC input 2 (Shore power) is set to 32 amps and "Controlled by Remote" is enabled.

On VRM on remote console I can see "Input Current Limit" is 40 Amp. It cannot be adjustable. I cannot see the 32 amp input current parameter.

On the Garmin MFD I can see Input Current Limit is 32 amps. Not yet sure if it can be adjusted but will know tomorrow afternoon. I hope so.

It appears the CerboGX is displaying the wrong input. It appears to be displaying the input disabled from adjustment rather than the input which is enabled for adjutment.

Has anyone else seen this? Cerbo Firmware V2.75. Is this a software anomoly or have I somehow misunderstood how this works.

[image]

[image]

trevor-bird asked
marc-heide commented ·

5 Answers

ESS system allowed EnFluRi sensor - connection to Belgium grid (Synergrid)

I’m in the planning phase of a new installation and have a question about local regulations (Belgium) regarding allowed EnFluRi-sensors for the ESS system.

The system I’m planning would be a 3-phase ESS system with 3 x Multiplus-II 3000VA (3-phase setup) and a cerbo GX as the control unit.

It would be parallel connected to the grid (AC-in), so an external current or energy measurement is needed for the ESS functionality.

According to the following article (a Victron distributor):

https://www.ysebaert.be/nl/hybrid+energy/nieuws/belangrijk--synergrid-keuring-voor-multiplus-ii-aangepast-

And according to the homologation list C10/26 (http://www.synergrid.be/download.cfm?fileId=C10_26_list_of_PGU_compliant_with_C10_11_ed2_1_12_2019.xlsx)

It would seem an external energy meter, like an EM24, would not be allowed as the enfluri sensor, and only the “Current Transformer for Multiplus II” can be used.

I have the following questions, that I can’t get verified in the manuals I’ve found:

- Is it as simple as connecting the current transformer on each phase to the MP on that phase? Does this work correct in a 3 phase setup?

- If the settings on the GX are set to “no external energy meter”, does it look at the current measurements on the MP on each phase?

- Does the phase compensation behavior work in the same way as if an external energy meter would be installed?

And the final question (but only answerable by those knowledgable about Synergrid guidelines and certificates, or Victron staff):

- Is the article above correct in stating an EM24 cannot be used as EnFluRi sensor in a 3 phase victron Multiplus setup, connected to the Belgium grid?
(I find it odd as in the C10/26 list, the EM24 is allowed for another inverter but it could have something to do with certificates applying for a certain configuration, and not for the separate parts).

axl1988 asked
michaelvh answered ·

2 Answers

Color control GX as a monitor only?

I already have the color control GX from the original RV install a year ago. I would like to use the Cerbo GX in the new install to combine all the Victron devices and only run one connection to the Color Control inside as the display. I know it is redundant to have both. But I do not want to have to cut a new hole for a new screen install. Thank you!

bishop asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Victron Cerbo GX black screen (sometimes flash for 1/2 sec).

My system is running very well but for two weeks my Cerbo CG screen is black and it's not showing the system set up or performance. When I log in via my iPhone (Bluetooth) it shows "offline". How can I get this to work again or reboot. Thanks

oltmans2022 asked

0 Answers

ET112 energy meter / Cerbo GX. baud rate

I have a ET112 energy meter, a RS485 to USB (serial) cable and a cerbo GX. What is the serial baud rate (9600 ??, 115200 ??) the cerbo uses over the USB serial connections ?.

CONTEXT: the ET112 and the Cerbo are remote, and I am building my own device to connect the USB serial on the ET112 side to the USB serial on the cerbo side.

I know about the zigbee adaptors, but do not want to use those.

Thanks you

pabou38 asked
lifeingalicia answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus II 48/3000 zeigt kritische Last falsch an

Hallo,

ich habe einen Multiplus II 48/3000 mit einem Cerbo GX + Touch 50, einen Laderegler 250/60 und einen 150/35.
Als Batterien verwende ich derzeit Blei/Säure Batterien da die Pylontech noch nicht da sind.
Die Kapazität liegt bei ca. 150AH bei 48V

Am "AC-OUT 1" hängt die Heizung mit Solarthermieanlage und 2 Steckdosen die aber nicht belegt sind.
Nach Messungen mit der Stromzange benötigt die gesamte Heizung um diese Zeit ca. 0,3 A.
Das wird auch durch einen Shelly bestätigt.

Angezeigt werden aber zu diesem Zeitpunkt 1322 W.

Der AC-OUT2 liefert auf der Phase 1 wieder zurück ins Haus.

Umso höher die Last auf AC-OUT2 ist desto höher ist auch die Anzeige der "kritischen Last".
Ich habe einen Multiplus II der auf der Phase 1 hängt.

Als Netzmesser habe ich einen EM24 installiert.
Vermutlich ist es auch dieses mal wieder ein "Userfehler".

Bitte um Hilfe, da mich das doch sehr stört.

[image]

[image]

wolfgangn asked
wolfgangn answered ·

4 Answers

Cerbo GX > No Analogue input option showing

[image]

Hi. I’m a new Victron user. Hoping I’m missing something obvious. Tanks are no longer showing on Cerbo GX. And no Analogue input options. Have installed firmware 2.84. No change. No rollback option to previous versions. Any help appreciated. Ps Dealer is on standby for when boat is next accessible so loathed to try anything radical, given my lack of skills!

tony-w asked
hassti answered ·

1 Answer

Color Control GX connection to Cerbo GX as an additional system monitoring

Dear Sirs, we set a Lithium system on a gulet and we installed Cerbo GX + 7" touch display in the engine room. We also connected Cerbo GX to Raymarine backbone to share this screen to the wheelhouse area. But we also want to install Color Control GX screen (from the old installation to put this unit in use again) which already exists onboard to monitor the system from the engine control room which the crew can easily access without entering the engine room.

1) Is anyone has any experience with such a usage of Cerbo GX + Color Control unit together?

2) Or do you have any other solution to share this screen in to control room?

If you can help us on that subject we will be appreciated it.

alpkorur asked
alpkorur commented ·

0 Answers

Two different Lynx Shunt, one bus, one Cerbo

I have two different battery banks and two Lynx Shunt.

Both are visible with the Cerbo GX with ID 0 and 1, and also seen in VRM

But for the moment only one bank/shunt can be monitored.

How to get the two Lynx Shunt be monitored ?

I also have a VE.Can/NMEA cable and it is unusable. Data from both shunts are seen under Battery Bank 0 by different NMEA displays, instead of Battery Bank 0 and Battery Bank 1.

Any help will be welcome.

stephane-silvestre asked

0 Answers

Cerbo DC Power

Hi everybody,

I have a Cerbo GX, together with a Quattro Multiplus 12V/5000, a BMV712 and a MPPT Solar from Victron.

I have been wondering about the power consumption of the Cerbo, which you can see on the picture is in the range of 70w to 130w. It is quite far away form the 20w mentioned in the forum and I wondering what is going on. Cerbo is the only 12v device connected to the battery,

I also noticed that the Ah deducted by the BMV 712 is higher that the real Ah consumed. for example, overnight the % of the batterie decrease from 100 to 90% and the following day, the battery charge to 95% reaching floating. The BMV noticed that the battery are full and reajust the SOC to 100%.

The problem is if I am not reaching the required voltage corresponding to 100%, the SOC reduce too much from about 5% everyday. for example 1 week ago, my battery voltage was 12,8V under 250w consumption but the SOC was 60%. This can not be right.

Can somebody help me? I hope it is quite understandable.

Thank you.

Best

Syl

[image]

stourel asked
stourel commented ·

2 Answers

Connection BMV 712 avec Cerbox GX sans câble

Bonjour,

Je viens d installer le Cerbox GX avec 1x MPPT 100-30 , 1 x MPPT 75-15, 1 x Phoenix 375, ces 3 par câble VE Direct, et un BMV 712 mais trop loin pour câble VE Direct donc seul en bluetooth.

Je n arrive pas avoir toutes les infos du BMV sur VRM.

Y a t il possibilité de corriger ce problème?

Merci de votre aide

Michel

grizzlou asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 12/3000 + Cerbo + Lynx BMS + Smart Battery DCVV

Hi I am expanding an older system with the following components and ran into behavior by my Multiplus 12/3000 in charging my new Victron Lithium Smart batteries.

Components

• Cerbo GX
  • Lithium Smart Batteries
  • Lynx Smart BMS
  • Multiplus 12/3000

I see in the Cerbo where the Lynx communicated through DCVV the following values from the battery.

• CVL - 14.2V
  • CCL - 330A
  • DCL - 600A

However, when I start commissioning the first battery solo the Multiplus is charging at 13.8V and floats at 13.38V

So a few questions:

1. Does my Multiplus on the latest firmware v494 support DCVV over the VE.Bus?
  2. When I go into the configure the Multiplus it specifically says in the help section that if a Lynx BMS is used the GX will override all settings over CAN-bus
  3. Trying to understand why the Multiplus is charging at below 14.2V even when I configured it to do 14.2V if the DCVV was not working.
  4. My Multiplus dropped into float after 15-20minutes on the single battery and never hit a voltage above 13.8V to trigger the batter to know it's cell status. Not sure how to get the cell status to calculate. Battery Cells are all 3.40V and says Battery Read For Use in Victron Connect App.
  5. For a fully charged 12V Victron Lithium Smart Battery what is the normal cell voltage supposed to be?

Cheers!

murphy-r asked
Stefanie answered ·

3 Answers

Umbenennen von "Critical loads" und "Ac out" auf display

Hallo,

Wie kann ich die am Display angezeigten Darstellungen umbennen?
Ich will dass stat AC out z.b. Pool steht oder statt kritische lasten haus.

Danke und lg

testor90 asked
testor90 answered ·

2 Answers

1283 Posts
849 Users
17 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
1977 Points
Stefanie
1818 Points