Bluetooth Image

Bluetooth

All Bluetooth Questions. Please add a second topic if product related.

Shunt BT range

Greetings,
Has anyone found a gadget/booster/extender that can extend the BT range of the SmartShunt. I have mine connected to a Solar system in my carport and cannot even get to the house 10 feet away.

spikemixture asked
spikemixture commented ·

3 Answers

VictronConnect app on MacOS feature request

Hello Everyone,

Would it be possible to integrate the current date and time (including seconds) into the app; the motivation behind this is that it is sometimes unclear as to whether the app has timed out or stalled hence displaying historical data.

Best regards
Stephen

bazil asked

0 Answers

Anyone ever had trouble using bluetooth in an aluminum camper?

I have an aluminum travel trailer. I'm thinking of using the SmartSolar controller and the Orion DCDC converter. Ideally I would like to monitor these from my tow vehicle while driving (especially the Orion). If the devices are inside the aluminum travel trailer, will the skin of the camper act as a "shield" and keep the bluetooth from reaching my cellphone in my truck?

wandering-parakeet asked
wandering-parakeet commented ·

2 Answers

Smart MPPT 150/85 VECan controller Bluetooth issues

[image]

[image]

Hi all a puzzling situation that I would appreciate your input on. During a recent upgrade to incorporate a Lynx Smart BMS into our system I lost Bluetooth connectivity to one of my VE.Can connected Smart MPPT VE.Can rev2 solar controllers (firmware v3.10) when it was restarted (I have two). I am as positive as I can be that I did not disable Bluetooth myself.

When I connect to the two devices (VictronConnect (v5.72 & 5.73b1) over VRM (VE.Can/Cerbo (VensOS v2.90~14)/VRM) to re-enable Bluetooth I get two different product info pages - one with the Bluetooth option and on the other there is no Bluetooth option (see screenshots). Both units are the same age and have the same config - apart from this issue they are continuing to operate normally. I have also tried using VE.Direct/Cerbo/VRM and get the same product info pages. Resetting the device to default settings did not have an impact.

So my first question - is it normal for the Bluetooth option to completely disappear like this?

Moving on - so my thinking suggests this is either a bug that was triggered when I hooked up my Smart BMS to Ve.Can, operator error, or hardware fault with super impeccable timing. So, from a trouble shooting perspective I am going to assume that the Bluetooth has somehow become disabled.

Hence my second question - the manual suggests I should be able to re-enable the bluetooth via VRM, is this correct? Or is my overriding problem the missing bluetooth option mentioned above.

"5.4 Disabling and enabling bluetooth. Connect with the VictronConnect App to the solar charger. Note that if Bluetooth has been disabled, a connection via its built-in Bluetooth is not possible anymore. In that case use the VE.Direct to USB interface, the VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle or VRM to connect to the solar charger." https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_SmartSolar_MPPT_150-70_up_to_250-100_VE.Can/en/configuration-and-settings.html#UUID-330502da-9b37-93ce-dc17-09c2a4e131ce

Thanks in advance.

Sarah asked
Sarah commented ·

0 Answers

Connect ruuvi to CCGX or Venus GX

Hi Victron Community

I‘m using a CCGX and I like to add some Ruuvi Temperature sensors. Since the CCGX has no bluetooth I‘m wondering, if it is possible to add them via adding a bluetooth dongle?

re18 asked
alan edited ·

18 Answers

Bluetooth mit Smartsolar und Multiplus

Hallo, ich plane gerade mein Wohnmobil mit einem Multiplus 12/3000 oder Multiplus 2 (wobei sich mir der Unterschied noch nicht ganz erschließt) und einem Smartsolar 100/30 um drei Solarpanel auf dem Dach einzubinden. Batterie wird 200Ah Liefepo4. Nun frage ich mich, ob die Bluetoothfunktionalität für die beiden Victron Geräte schon durch den Laderegler, der ja Bluetooth kann ergibt oder für den Multiplus noch den separaten Bluetooth Dongle benötige. Kann mir hier bitte jemand helfen? Schöne Grüße Gunnar

tilli11 asked
johanndo edited ·

4 Answers

bluetooth data advert : smart battery

new bluetooth data advertisement for VRM

excellent feature,

however im confused by one of the “measurements”

in the below snapshot, i get it that the left is “highest battery voltage” and right is “lowest battery voltage” … but what the heck is the measuremen in the center?

i was kinda expecting it to be “delta voltage” .. between highest and lowest? clearly not.

it kinda looks like some sort of average? however average is hardly useful in this context (IMHO)

[image]

sunnycoastgreg asked
Stefanie commented ·

1 Answer

Bluetooth live data question

I notice live data advertisement has been added to the smartsolar firmware , is this the same as the GATT protocol or is this a closed data advertisement

goboatingnow asked
goboatingnow answered ·

2 Answers

Teltonika Eye Sensor (BT temp,hum) in venus?

This would be really great to be able to add in Venus OS.... Look a lot like the Ruuvi but a lot cheaper but yet made by a pro company Teltonika.....

https://tktracker.shop/en/home/79-teltonika_eye_sensor.html

matteburk asked
netweb answered ·

1 Answer

Bluethooth bilge pump alarm

Hi,

I am looking for a Bluethooth bilge pump alarm like the supported Ruuvi temperature sensors. Is there any change the system can work with other systems like the the ruuvi,

There are snesors in the market that are able to sense high water level on BT

Jordy asked

0 Answers

"car/solar" connector type of the Peak Power Pack ?

Hello,

If anyone could tell me what is the name of the plug/connector type model I would be much happier person :-)

I did check documentation also looked at different connector types and could not find a simple thing - what is the connector type model. I also can't find Victron cable that is meant for this port.

Here is the photo of the port itself:

[image]

sq8ijk asked
mike4nl commented ·

3 Answers

control output of peak power pack with VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle

I have a Peak Power Pack. Is is possible to control the outputs via app if I buy a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle?

stealth asked
mike4nl commented ·

1 Answer

Externer Zugriff auf SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 (Bluetooth)

Hallo allerseits,

ich bin ein wenig durch die verfügbaren Geräte verwirrt. Ich habe einen SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 mit Bluetooth und will auch außerhalb von Bluetooth-Reichweite darauf zugreifen. Das Gerät steht in einem WLAN, welches ich über VPN von überall erreichen kann. Extra dafür noch eine Verbindung über SIM-Karte einzurichten, erscheint mir als Overkill.

Ist es möglich, sich z. B. zu einem Raspi zu verbinden, welcher über Bluetooth mit dem SmartSolar kommuniziert? Ich will eigentlich nur wissen, wie es der PV-Anlage geht. Komplizierte Änderungen des Ladereglers müssen nicht durchgeführt werden.

Danke, Erich

erich-1 asked
Jockel commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo gx bluetooth doesn’t work

After a new update of the firmware, the in built bluetooth stops working. I checked that is available from the Cerbo Bluetooth configuration (but the Bluetooth led is always off). I want to know if is an software issue and it will be solved soon or if I need to use the warranty to have a new cerbo.

Thanks!

llucmajor asked
llucmajor answered ·

6 Answers

Followers

399 Posts
325 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts