Bluetooth Image

Bluetooth

All Bluetooth Questions. Please add a second topic if product related.

Cerbo gx bluetooth doesn’t work

After a new update of the firmware, the in built bluetooth stops working. I checked that is available from the Cerbo Bluetooth configuration (but the Bluetooth led is always off). I want to know if is an software issue and it will be solved soon or if I need to use the warranty to have a new cerbo.

Thanks!

llucmajor asked
horakjun commented ·

7 Answers

Bluetooth Connectivity Victron Connect

Hi - one of my friends has an older samsung and it doesnt connect to the Victron Connect. Just wondering what is the cheapest phone to reliably connect? I know iphones all work well but they're more expensive than android.

james09 asked
paul-r answered ·

2 Answers

No Bluetooth connection BlueSolar 150-35 MPPT during nighttime

We cannot connect to our BlueSolar MPPT 150-35 chargecontroller via Bluetooth on our iOS device during night hours. When there is no voltage on the solar panel side of the controller it can no longer be seen in the VictronConnect app. Controller and Bluetooth dongle are on the newest firmware. During daylight everything works as expected.

Is the BlueSolar MPPT 150-35 model dependent on solar voltage on the inputs for the Bluetooth (dongle) operation?

I read that other Victron controllers are powered from the batteries for Bluetooth operation during nighttime. So is this a model specific limitation?

hansv asked
sanantkev commented ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX with Smart Battery Sense

Hello,

the new Cerbo GX looks very promising as its now supporting Bluetooth. Am I right that now the Smart Battery Sense devices can be monitored with it?

Cheers

Dirk

dirkmuc asked
l00semarble answered ·

2 Answers

Connect ruuvi to CCGX or Venus GX

Hi Victron Community

I‘m using a CCGX and I like to add some Ruuvi Temperature sensors. Since the CCGX has no bluetooth I‘m wondering, if it is possible to add them via adding a bluetooth dongle?

re18 asked
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

21 Answers

How to re-enable BLE on Cerbo

I disabled bluetooth on my Cerbo. How can I re-enable it?

joerg-winkel asked
netrange commented ·

2 Answers

Bluetooth connection

I just installed a SmartShunt. The blue light blinks. I have the Victron Connect app running. My Iphone will not recognize the shunt with the phone next to the shunt.

dlabosky asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Huawei Y6s enforce BlueTooth pairing and Devices can not renamed

Goody day,

when I had only three BlueTooth devices

SmartSolar MPPT 150/7 Tr VE.Can
Phoenix 24/375
BMV 702

everything was fine. I could rename the devices and was never ask again for a pin.

My 8 BMV 702 are connected via VE.Direct over the USR-TCP232-T2 to a 24 port Ethernet Switch and an Banana-PI M1.

Today I updated the Victron Connect App and new Devices

MultiPlus-II 24/5000
4 BMV 702
SmartSolar MPPT 250-100 TR VE.Can

Installed it and now everything is messed up.

I can not access all 6 new devices at all, because my Huawei Y6s enforce BlueTooth pairing and even if I unpaid the devices, the Victron Connect App say device bussy.

Q: Does someone know a FREE (without adds or in-app-purchases) App, which allow blacklistig of devices?

Also renaming of devices is not more possible, because the option "Device Info" where you can change the name of the devices is not more there.

It is not funny to have now 13 BMVs where 12 have the same name

Q: When is a new update for the Victron Connect App available?

Oh, another thing is, that today morning I the Connect App forced me to update the 9 existing BMVs to a version 2.something and when I tried to change settings the BMVs told me again I have to update to make changes... argh!!! - Version 3.something!

We have currently a windspeed of 9-10m/s and it is biting cold.
This crap of updated has cost me more then 2 hours!

Must this be?

Remote updates are no option because I am in a GSM hope.

Thanks in advance
Michelle

Michelle Konzack asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

0 Answers

Mac VictronConnect doesn't work with SmartSolar 150/35

Here's my config:

MacBook 12,1 - OS X 10.15.7 (Catalina) - VictronConnect 5.77
SmartSolar 100/15 - SmartSolar 150/35

100/15 connects and works fine, 150/35 doesn't (doesn't get past 20%); It doesn't even show the live bluetooth digest when on the devices screen prior to connecting.

Both SmartSolars connect fine to iOS app using bluetooth.

thanar asked
thanar answered ·

1 Answer

Garnet SeeLevel blueooth 709-btp3

Any chance Cerbo can work with the Garnet BTP3 bluetooth version? It seems this bluetooth version works with RV whisper which in turn also supports bluetooth temp, mopeka bluetooth LPG. the bluetooth version is cheaper than the RVC and n2k version and wouldn't need to add the ve.can adapter for rpi

https://rvwhisper.com/rv-water-tank-levels/

tomtnt asked
tomtnt edited ·

0 Answers

Bluetooth Communication between smart BMS an GX devices

I am condidering fitting a Smart BMS CL 12/100 to a bank of VictronSmart LiFeP04 batteries. Are there plans to enable these devices to talk to a GX device via bluetooth.

Duncan Hall asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX Bluetooth Sensors

Other than the Ruuvi sensors, are there any other sensors that work with the Cerbo's Bluetooth?

david-ross asked
david-ross commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX - USB Bluetooth / How can I make sure that Cerbo is using the USB Bluetooth dongle ?

Hello folks,

I have installed some Ruuvi tags to my trailer to work with the Cerbo GX for temp and humidity data collection. It is recommended to use a USB Bluetooth Dongle for better comunication with the Ruuvi tags so I purchased one of the recommended BT dongles (TP-Link 400xx). I have inserted this into one of the USB ports on the Cerbo but I'm not sure whether Cerbo is using this USB dongle or its internal BT. I have dug into the settings but failed to see a menu where I can switch from the internal BT to the external one.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best

Sedat

bilgebay asked
micke-holm commented ·

12 Answers

Is my unit's PUK Code shown as PN:xxxxxxxx shown on a box label of my MMPT 100/30

My MPPT 100/30 bluetooth load fails at 20% on my android units (phone and tablet) and son's Apple phone.

When I follow the recovery directions it asks for a PUK Code. There was no reference to a PUK Code on anything in the box that I got from the installer with manual etc.

The box has a label with an SN: and a PN: xxxxxxx. Are these the Serial Number and PUK Number?

I can't easily get to the back of the unit.

okollie asked
questus answered ·

2 Answers

Just wanted to give Kudos to the Developers after they fixed the BT range on the Smart Battery Sense!

When I first added the SBS last December, my SS 100/50 controller could not connect to the SBS unless I left both the RV compartment doors open. After one of the last upgrades, that is no longer the case, my 100/50 sees the Battery Temp and Voltage with the doors closed!

Yahoo! -Bill

Its not good to leave the compartment doors open while driving... :)

bigbillsd asked
Thomas H. Clancy commented ·

2 Answers

Followers

425 Posts
347 Users
3 Followers