victron Image

victron

CL 12/200 Hook up

I have Smart BMS CL 12/200 and directions aren't clear about connections to the System+ side.

I have a few questions so please answer all of them if you can to alleviate my confusion.

Current System:

CL 12/200

Smart LifePo 200ampH

Dometic RTX 12V DC Air Conditioner.

Looking to add an inverter(not a MultiPlus) and shore power charger and smart Shunt.

Can I run the Air Conditioner and all the other DC devices, such as a DC fuse Block, Inverter, shore power Charger, off the System+ side and hook nothing to the Batt+ except the Smart Shunt and LifePo battery?

Or do I run a Battery buss off the LifePo Battery and run all the DC devices from that?

Some diagrams show an MPPT charger hooking up to the battery as well but can that go to the System+ since it is a charger?

The manual says you can hook up a charger to the system+ but "it will have no charge algorithms applied internally." What does that mean exactly?

emil asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Prioritäten Eigenverbrauch / Akkuladung

Hallo,

ich habe eine Frage zu den Prioritäten (Akku-Ladung / Eigenverbrauch).

Ich möchte das der Eigenverbrauch priorisiert wird, also erst den Eigenverbrauch abdecken und erst mit dem Überschuss die Akkus laden.

Wie man in Bild sieht, ist dies bei mir nicht der Fall, kann ich dies umstellen?

[image]

Danke im Voraus!

Gruß Christian

riste asked
netrange commented ·

1 Answer

Weshalb stimmt der Netzzähler nicht mit der VRM Portalanzeige überein?

Bei meiner VIC Anlage (Multiplus II) wich die Messung des Netzstromzählers des Netzbetreibers um ca.15 % (über das Gesamtjahr) von der Anzeige im VRM Portal ab.

Dabei ergab sich im netzparallelen Betrieb, nur nach den Daten des VRM Portals, ein Anlagenwirkungsgrad von ca. 85%.

Im autarken Betrieb, ohne Netz, sank der Wirkungsgrad auf ca. 78%.

Im Frühjahr 2022 wurde offenbar die Software geändert. Seitdem stieg, trotz Nulleinspeisung!, der Anteil "zum Netz" massiv an ("unter dem Strich" blieb es aber bei Nulleinspeisung bzw. Netzbezug), der Wirkungsgrad (rechnerisch nach VRM Daten) stieg auf ca. 90%, aber es blieb bei der Differenz zum Netzzähler des Netzbetreibers.

Diese Anlage wurde Ende März wieder abgebaut und zurückgenommen.

Die neue Anlage (SET, Quattro II) läuft bisher seitdem autark mit einem vergleichbaren Gesamtwirkungsgrad von ca. 77%.

Bin gespannt, ob es auch bei dieser Anlage zu einer solch hohen Differenz zum Netzstromzähler kommt, wenn ich im Herbst auf netzparallelen Betrieb umstelle.

Hat jemand eine Erklärung?

Jens Knipphals asked
netrange commented ·

0 Answers

Cerbo custom logo Motorhome panel bad quality

Hello,

i want to use the custom logo in the venus.local/logo.php

on my gx 70 touch.

i tried almost every resolution and size but i keep getting unsharp images on the screen.

what is the correct format and size?

marc-heide asked
seb71 commented ·

1 Answer

Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A 3 Outputs

I'm hoping that someone knows, definitively, how this Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A 3 output charger (available as 1 and 3 output versions) handles the specific needs of each of the 3 outputs? Are they handled independently? For example each of the connected batteries are depleted to different extents, perhaps #1 only requires maintenance/float whereas #2 requires charging from a 30% state. I wouldn't be so concerned except that the VictronConnect app only shows single charging information (as though this was a single output instead of 3). It's a little difficult to envision a scenario when all 3 outputs should be handled as single..? Unfortunately Victron does NOT address this issue in ANY of their documentation. Also, is each output capable of 30A output (so for example the 3 outputs performs exactly the same as the 1 output version if only 1 output is being used)? Someone mentioned to me that they "thought" that the 3 output version was only capable of 10A per output channel, max, or perhaps 15A per output in the case where only 2 outputs were used.?

grayjp5 asked
Mark commented ·

1 Answer

Pylontech US2000c Alarm - Internal Failure Alarm - Temperature Sensor Broken?

I have a system with 4 Pylotech US2000C + 4 Pylontech US2000 Pus 95.

My system consists of the following components and is grid connected

• 3 x Victron Multipluss 48/5000/70
  • 1 x CerboGX
  • 2 x Mppt 250/100
  • 4 Pylotech US2000C
  • 4 Pylontech US2000 Pus 95.

The system and the batteries have been working without problems since 04.May.2022.
Since 26.May.22 the red LED on one of the US2000C is up and I get an alarm in the CERBO GX: "Internal Failure Alarm - 512"

I have already run the ESS on "Keep Baterie Charged" for 3 days without success.

The batteries are in a rack in my house and have the same ambient temperature in the rack. However, one cell shows me 0 degrees Celsius as the minimal temperature.

Is this a fault that I can correct or does this battery need to be changed?

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

funkybigdude asked
holgerble answered ·

2 Answers

Überschuss als Heizstab oder ähnliches verwenden,

servus, bitte um hilfe, habe victron multiplus2 5000/48, 3x pylontech 3000, mppt 150/60, gavazzi em24,

und ein Balkonkraftwerk,

batterien sind voll und kein verbrauch mehr, habe immer vormittags überschuss, so dass energie ins öffenliche netz gespeiset wird, gibt es da keine möglichkeit den überschuss zu verbrauchen wenn nötig ? vielen dank.

gromheisei asked
kevgermany answered ·

9 Answers

keine Kommunikation mehr zum VRM-Portal

ich habe seit dieser Woche keine Kommunikation mehr zum VRM-Portal. In den letzten 3 Monaten war alles gut , jetzt habe ich das CCGX gegen ein Raspi getauscht, beides 3 Wochen nebeneinander laufen gehabt, vor 7 Tagen den CCGX entfernt und in der Installationsliste gelöscht. Nun stelle ich fest, daß keine Daten mehr seit 4 Tagen zu sehen sind, weder live noch die Historie. Laut Venus ist eine Ethernetverbindung vorhanden, die IP ist auch korrekt und in meinen privaten Netzwerk komme ich auch an die Daten. Kann es sein das Victron da ihre Finger im Spiel haben ?

holger-m asked
holger-m answered ·

1 Answer

Adjustments to charging 12/12 30 dcdc

Hi I was recommended to ask a question regarding the charging of my gel battery on this forum. I have a gel 110ah under seat battery in my VW T6, which has a smart alternator. I have the 12/12/30 set to auto charge and on the pre-set for gel 1.

So what i noticed is the battery only charges when the alternator kicks in to top up the main van battery, this kicks in once the volts drop below 12.5v and then charges for about 5 seconds, at which time the Victron kicks in and charges my auxiliary battery, then the alternator drops out and stops charging and the Victron ceases. Is there a way to make the Victron charge even if the alternator is not charging the main battery in Auto mode. Or do i have to connect an ignition wire to get this behaviour to happen. advice would be great. thanks

Best

Daniel

djgriff asked

0 Answers

Mppt 250/100 MC4 anschließen

20220426_193150.jpgHallo,

kann ich wie auf dem Bild zu sehen ist, meine 15 Module an den Mppt 250/100 MC4 anschließen??

Oder gibt es eine bessere Lösung??20220426_193150.jpg

Gruß Martin

martinka asked
kaje77 commented ·

2 Answers

correct command for dbus inverter on/off/eco ?

Hello,

i have a phoenix 24/1200 inverter. what is the correct command to switch on/off/eco with dbus command?

dbus -y com.victronenergy.inverter /Mode=4

this give my not output any other an error.

please what is the correctly command?

micha854 asked

0 Answers

issue with Isolated SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100

Dear,

Please find here a video of the new issue we are facing: https://we.tl/t-c8i7abNNeC

The voltage on the source battery is 393 V , and the target battery is 43V. Is there a max voltage 8 times factor from the In voltage to the Out voltage ? (we have discovered the documentation mentions a factor 8 between In and float).

Initially we were getting the message “short circuit”, but after increasing slightly the voltage on the target battery we are now getting the message “charger excessive current”.

What is your diagnostic on this new issue ? is there any solution other than having a source with a voltage lower than 360 V ? (450V being possible only if target battery is at over 56 V !...)

zelfani asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

0 Answers

Qualified Victron Elecrical Engineer needed urgently

Hello to the Victron Community,

I have just finished a major Victron digital switching system installation on my yacht and I need the services of a qualified Victron Electrical engineer to link up the system to the boat. Can anyone help me please? Sebastian

sebby asked
sebby answered ·

2 Answers

Victron Controller - super high yields?
I've had my boat on shore power all winter. Just moved it up to the lake, now it's at anchor and relying on solar power, which appears to be working well.

The issue I'm wondering about - when I first disconnected from shore power, for the first 2 days the history in my VictronConnect app showed very large solar panel yields, like the first day was 1.16kWh (giant for two 110W solar panels?!) and the second day was 560Wh, also very large for one day. This is in April, in Seattle, so we really don't get that much sun anyways.

On the first day, it appears that most of the yield was from Bulk mode and the rest in Absorption mode, with nothing in Float mode. On the second day, there was some Float mode.

After this, the yields have slowed down to a more normal reading between say 120 and 240Wh per day, with floating occuring for some part of every day.

I'm wondering a couple of things. First what could explain the above huge yields.

Two, is it normal for the Victron controller to report only that yield that battery bank can accept? In other words, I expect more yield on some days but it appears low because it appears that the controller is only reporting the yield that the battery can accept. When the battery is full, almost no yield is showing.

Finally, is there a way to track the total solar yield regardless of the battery status? In other words, I want to know the total photovoltaic watt hours that were available, even if the system didn't use those.

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for your help with these questions.

speedcat asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

48v Multiplus Invertor with 12v batteries

Hi,

I'm fitting out my boat and have bought a 48v Victron Multiplus 8kw Charger Invertor. I went big as I'm looking to reduce my reliance on gas and got fed up with a 3kw invertor and the limitations of it when I want to run a lot of items. I also bought 4 x 205ah 12 volt batteries to satisfy the 48v, which I believe have to be wired in series.

I am told that if I wire in series then I effectively lose the 820ah potential of 4 batteries and would only in effect have the ah of just the one battery, or 205 ah.

Can anyone advise if this is correct and how I would go about accessing the 800+ amp hours I thought I'd got access to? Do I need 16 batteries to achieve 820 ah or can I in fact wire in parallel whilst keeping the invertor happy?

Thanks for any guidance here, I'm out of my depth :)

ironmancole asked
kevgermany commented ·

4 Answers

104 Posts
98 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts