VE.Direct Image

VE.Direct

Smart Battery Senser, MPTT and VE.Direct

Hi all!

I have Victron SmartSolar 100/30 and Smart Battery Senser installed. I also added VE.Direct connection to the SmartSolar to connect to my own systems.

However, I found that the temperature data from Smart Battery Senser isn't available. Is there a way to get it available to VE.Direct? I think it would be smart addition to the system that the SmartSolar would send that data if it's available.

Thank you!

jussi-1 asked
jussi-1 commented ·

1 Answer

Smartsolar 250/85 and Cerbo via VE-Direct

Hi there,

I have a problem with my Smartsolar 250/85, which is connected to Cerbo GX via VE-direct. I always can see the solarcharger on Cerbo and consquently in VRM, however, since a few days the connection is quite instable.

I am under the impression, it is a heat problem, since the last days have rather high temperatures.

Did anybody experience the same?

Is there (as it is the case of Cerbo with Bluetooth) a function that VE-direct will be switched off if a certain temperature is reached?

I would be pleased if somebody has a hint for me.

Best Regards

Hartmut

info-6 asked
info-6 answered ·

3 Answers

VE.Direct not working on SmartSolar 150/70 MPPT

SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 Tr

This one is not communicating with GX on the VE.Direct.

Bluetooth is working, and the charger is operating as expected.

I checked in Bluetooth and cannot see an obvious option to turn VE.Direct on/off ????

andyalford asked
ejrossouw answered ·

3 Answers

VE Direct to USB data to VRM Portal Advanced Tab

I have 3 VE Direct cables to my Cerbo (from 3 MPPT controllers) and 1 VE Direct to USB cable (from a MPPT 100/20) all to my Cerbo GX. I receive detailed data on the VRM Portal for the 3 MPPTs connected by the VE Direct cables, but I do not receive any of the detailed information on the Advanced Tab on the VRM Portal for the MPPT that is connected to the Cerbo GX by the VE Direct to USB cable. How can I add that detailed info to the VRM Portal from the VE Direct to USB cable and MPPT? Thank you.

Gordon Scriba asked
andyalford answered ·

2 Answers

VE Configure III range check error

trying to make sense of a range check error that apperes when i am using configure to commission a new 230 volt multi II 24v with VE config III

am using windows 8

[image]

[image]

hapa asked
hapa answered ·

7 Answers

Mobile MultiPlus-II and SmartSolar setup

Hello,

I'm planning a mobile marine setup and have some questions to those knowledgeable about this device.

In this context, can the MultiPlus-II be configured to seamlessly use the grid to assist the inverter during loads exceeding the capacity of the inverter?

Can the MultiPlus-II connect with a Victron SmartSolar charge controller via VE.direct without a GX device involved?

I assume that the MultiPlus-II can be used in a mobile setup, connected to the grid with a power plug where AC-IN L and N are occasionally shifted. I assume that the AC-OUT N/PE coupling relay will remain open while connected to the grid and the MultiPlus-II will remain indifferent to the actual AC-IN "polarity".

Due to the marine environment the grid PE would go through a galvanic isolator.

Thank you in advance.

marten asked
marten edited ·

0 Answers

VE-direct that will trigger an SSR?

First, my friend and I are in the USA so, that may be part of our problem. What I have gathered navigating this website/forum is that the VE-Direct doesn't like steady loads and voltage sags at 25ma of current draw.

Does Victron make a turn-key cable and SSR that will support a 10A 24VDC load? Or, do we need to put a buffer/amp in line to drive an SSR and isolate our 150/35 charge controller from the SSR?

The problem we have is that connecting our SSR to the VE-Direct line causes a voltage sag to ~2V which won't trigger the SSR. My thought is that the SSR is drawing enough current to cause voltage sag when connected to VE-Direct.

The other solution would be to buy an SSR that doesn't require much current and would latch the logic state and release the VE-Direct line.

TIA, Sid

sidpost asked
wkirby commented ·

2 Answers

How to connect both virtual load and mppt control to smartsolar TX port?

Good morning. Is it possible to modify the ve direct cable to connect both the mppt control monitor and a solid state relay to control the virtual load to the smartsolar?

Because in the manual it is written that the tx port continues to be able to manage the virtual load even in "normal communication" mode.

"Normal communication" mode is used for connecting mppt control. But how to connect even a virtual load together?

FRA asked
FRA answered ·

1 Answer

4 ve.direct inputs for Cerbo GX needed

How can I connect more ve.direct inputs to the Cerbo GX, as it has only 3? I need 4 or 5.

iveco90-16 asked
iveco90-16 answered ·

2 Answers

Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger: SW bug trigger recondition / overcharging?

Have used a IP43 smart charger 12/50 (1+1) and MPPT smart regulator 100/30 several seasons with latest recommended firmwares charging AGM batteries.

Last Monday did i install LFP GBS cells and a BMS, one busbar for load and one for charging, AGM starter battery is directly connected to charge busbar.

Yesterday evening did I stop all charging while I was installing BMV-712.

Afterwards did I connect the new BMV-712 to the virtual network and restarted both solar and shore power charging.

Maybe after an hour did I notice that the starter battery voltage was 16.2 V,

BMS protected LFP cells by disconnecting them.

I expected to see 14.2 or 13.5 volt but this overcharging was a shock.

Created a user profile on IP43 to force a lower voltage.

Recondition has always been disabled.

What can trigger the 16.2 voltage?

Is it me using the Victron features in wrong way:

• no trickle charging of any battery
  • IP43 connected to charge busbar
  • AGM starter battery connected to charge busbar
  • Service LFP bank charging conrrolled by BMS
  • via the virtual network does IP43 get voltage figures from LFP service bank from the BMV-712

Is the solution to disconnect BMV-712 from virtual network VE.smart networking

and let Shore power share data with solar regulator via virtual network?

skippeer asked
skippeer answered ·

2 Answers

ESS mit Cerbo: Mischen von ve.can und ve.direct möglich?

Hallo,

ich plane gerade ein ESS System mit einem Cerbo.
Kann ich MPPTs mit VE.Direct und VE.Can mischen?

z.B. ein MPPT RS450 /200 (VE.Can) und mehrere MPPT 150/45 (VE.Direct)?

Danke im Voraus!

oe5nvl asked

0 Answers

SmartShunt no SOC on Cerbo

I have a SmartShunt connected to 6 lead-acid 6v batteries in a 2s3p config. SmartShunt with updated firmware, installed in April 2022, SmartShunt shows SOC in VictronConnect on iOS via Bluetooth. Added a CerboGX in May 2022 with current firmware. CerboGX does NOT show SOC. When I looked at the network config of the SmartShunt in VictronConnect it shows it is sending voltage and current data but that's all. I assume it needs to show that it's sending SOC or the CerboGX won't be able to display SOC. How do I add SOC to the data the SmartShunt is sending over VE.direct. I also have a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100|20 connected via VE.direct and I'm getting what I want from it. Since adding the CerboGX I've only discharged to 98% and back up to 100%, I don't think I need a full cycle since I can already see SOC value in VictronConnect app so obviously the SmartShunt has figured out SOC.

[image]

seafur asked
seafur answered ·

3 Answers

VE.Direct to USB , How many to do this ?

Hi , I have set up a Venos OS Raspberry Pi and the VRM portal , and connected my 100/20 smart controller via a ve.direct to usb , But I have just put on order a , Smart shunt , a 150/35 smart controller and a Phoenix inverter.

I know I need one for the inverter because it doesn't have any Bluetooth and needs to ve.direct cable , BUT can I make a smart network and include the 150/35 controller and the smart stunt .

Can I let the 100/20 controller pass all of the devices on smart network via the ve.direct cable to the VRM , OR do I need a cable for each and every device ?

peter-3 asked
hjohnson commented ·

2 Answers

Oceanvolt with interface VEDirect to NMEA

Hello all, I have an Oceanvolt propulsion system installed as show in my plan, I have no battery information on the Oceanvolt display, is there someone who know if i use the Victron interface "VEDirect to NMEA", like the 2nd picture, whill it work to have the battery on the Oceanvolt display showing something ?

[image]

[image]

olivier-steiner asked

0 Answers

Can the VE.direct port on the smart shunt be connected to the NMEA 2K bus via the Ve.direct to N2K cable converter?

A stupid question: the VE.direct port on the smart shunt can be connected to the NMEA 2K bus via the Ve.direct to N2K cable converter?

if not, why?

Thanks

Sv

ger50 asked
Paul B edited ·

1 Answer

318 Posts
273 Users
7 Followers

Topic Experts

Stuart
17 Points