Relay Image

Relay

Programmable relay not AC out put 2 driven by SOC

Hey

I have 3 stage load shedding i want to set up to load shed based on SOC

I had seen in the manual that there is only the below

6) Programmable relay that can a.o. be set for general alarm, DC under voltage or genset start/stop function AC rating: 230 V / 4 A DC rating: 4 A up to 35 VDC, 1 A up to 60 VDC

I'm trying to achieve the below

Stage 1 Drops out AC circuit at 70% SOC and on at 75% :Relay??

Stage 2 Drops out general power at 50% and on at 55% : Relay??

Stage 3 Essentail drops out at 25% and on at 30% : AC output 2

Thanks in advance

idat asked
Henrik answered ·

1 Answer

Aux Relais Multiplus 2 nicht ansteuerbar - Problem

Hallo, ich bekomme am MultiPlus2 das AUX Relais ( blaue Klemme neben AC1in ).

Ich möchte gerne ein HomeMatic Sende-Aktor benutzen um bei 90% SOC meine Warmwasser Wärmepumpe zu aktivieren.

Wenn ich in die Remote Console gehe und auf Manuell stelle, sollte es ja schaltbar sein.

Aber es passiert nichts. Man hört auch kein klick Geräusch am Multi II

Gehe jetzt erstmal nicht von einen defekt aus, aber finde leider keine Lösung.

Das ganze sollte dann später per Assistenten eingestellt werden.

Grüsse

jailbraik asked
jailbraik edited ·

7 Answers

What are “High” and “Low” terminals exactly? Pos. & Neg?

Can someone explain how the H/L terminals work, I’m having trouble with the translated definitions because it’s only 1 wire. What is high and what is low, I don’t get it. For example: How can I use them to protect lithium batteries from over discharge or over charging without the need for a BMS unit?

ecoworld asked
ecoworld commented ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX temperature relay to start up a cooling fan

I'm looking to use the Cerbo GX to activate a blower fan in an electrical assembly box at a certain temperature and stop once a differential temperature has been achieved. The blower fan is 12VDC and draws only 10 watts. I would incorporate a VE temperature sensor in the temp sensor port.

I'm looking for detail how to make all the connections and do the programming to achieve this. The programming seems somewhat self explanatory from the manual, but I'd like to confirm plus confirm the physical wiring that needs to take place.

methodvans asked
markhandley commented ·

1 Answer

Clarity on Battery Protect 12/24 100A used with inverter

Could anyone please assist with the following:

My goal is for the BP unit to control the on / off switch of my inverter remotely, hence by under voltage remote 'off' and once the voltage has been restored, the [inverter] remote is switched to 'on'.

Point #4 of the BP's instructions advise against disconnecting higher power DC so the 'OUT' terminal is not used.

If I have understood correctly, I will need to use a relay in a 'normally closed' position thereby allowing the [inverter] remote to be active and the inverter will be 'on'.

Consequently, in the event of under voltage, given I have selected programme 'b', the BP will trigger the relay to 'open' thereby triggering the [inverter] remote and inverter itself to 'off'.

Where the instructions leave me somewhat unsure is by under voltage restart: will the voltage restoration trigger the relay to the 'normally closed position' thereby activating the remote and switching the inverter to 'on'?

Most grateful for any ideas or suggestions.
Best regards

bazil asked
bazil commented ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX Active Relay Output Has Zero Volts

I have a temperature sensor plugged into my Cerbo GX. The GX recognizes the sensor and reports the correct temperature. I set the temperature sensor to turn on relay #1 based on a temperature threshold. That works as the readout on the Touch 50 says that the relay is "Active". I also tried it with relay #2 and it also goes active. I can hear the relay click on.

However, I'm not seeing any voltage produced by either relay. I have a small 12v computer fan that draws less than .3 amps and it won't turn on. This is on a 12 volt system that includes a Multiplus 12/3000, two MPPT 100/50, BMV-712 and a Battery Protect 65. I've tried a lot of things to troubleshoot.

1. Switch pos/neg wires

2. Switch between NO and NC

3. Press the ferrules in as far as possible

4. Check with a voltmeter both with and without the plug that the ferrules are inserted into

5. Tested the ferrules by touching them to my common bus bars and the fan comes on just fine.

6. Upgraded the Cerbo GX firmware to the latest version

I'm pretty new to the Cerbo GX, so maybe I misunderstood how this should work.

Is there a minimum length that the ferrules have to be in order to make contact with the Cerbo GX relay pins? I don't think this is the problem because the voltmeter showed no voltage on the pins without the plug installed.

Jim asked
Jim commented ·

5 Answers

Relaisausgang Batterielüfter?

Moin Moin,

ich bin neu in der Victron-Welt und habe meine Anlage Bestehend aus 3 MultiPlus II 3KvA und 5 MPPT 250/100 Ladereglern zusammengebaut. Als Batteriesatz sind OGiV Blöcke 110Ah zu 48V verschaltet, Insgesamt 1980Ah (Theoretisch - Blöcke sich Gealtert und haben weniger Leistung).

Anlage läuft mehr als Zufriedenstellend.

Jedoch ist der Ablüfter im Batterieraum derzeit als Dauerlüfter konfiguriert, da ich bei der Inbetriebnahme keine Möglichkeit Gesehen habe, am Cerbo GX, MPPT bzw MultiPlus eines der Relais als Lüfterrelais zu Konfigurieren. -> Müsste ja auch durch alle Laderegler angesteuert werden.

Ich brauche also ein Relais das Eingeschaltet ist, sobald ein Gerät die Batterien lädt.

Gibt es Möglichkeiten?

Vorweg, ich bin Elektromeister und darf selber Arbeiten.

Vielen Dank,

Moritz

moritz1996 asked
moritz1996 answered ·

2 Answers

Multiplus-II GX Aux Relay Temperature control

Hello there , I am trying to figure out how to manage room temperature based on values from Pylontech BMS or Multiplus external temp sensor. I' like to control AUX Relay on multiplus itself to regulate room temp in which the system is placed in.

Couldn't find any answers from my retailer so I hope someone here has experience on this topic.

Thank you for feedback

Best regards. Sam.

sam-45 asked
sam-45 answered ·

2 Answers

Use cerbo relay to control buck boost with d+ signal

Hi,

Is it possible to forward the D+ signal through the cerbo relay to control the input pin (purple wire) of a buckboost?

I like to use the genset on/off switch in the cerbo to switch off the buckboost manually if there is enough soc while driving.

Thanks!

bitcrusher asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus programmable relay

I've got a Multiplus 24/3000/70 with grid meter in mode ESS and I need help with the programmable relay. I have another FVE with Fronius a at the input of the multiplus.

I have large deliveries to the grid. I need to activate the relay according to the set on/off value of the supply to the grid if this is possible, but how? I went through the assistants, but I couldn't find anything that could manage surpluses from FVE.

Thank you for answer

Pavel

pnrichmond asked

0 Answers

Configuration with VE Config (3phase Quattro 2)

Hi @ all

Maybe this question is obvious, but not so much for me.
It seems that some configurations can only be made (like Assistants) with MK2/3 USB interface directly from the PC with VictronVE Config. However my entire house runs over the system. Does that mean I have to power down everything in case I want to change the config? Or can I just unplug the VE Bus from the Cerbo and can do everything while the system keeps going (maybe switched to Passthrough for the time being)? How does the procedure go normally?

I want to check how AC-2-out is connfigured. I have ESS mode so I would think when Power on AC-in goes away, that AC-2-out is dropped. However I want to have a way to "force" the system to power AC-2-out again if I want to (I guess the AC2-out relay somehow is controllable - but how?).

PS: Is there a modbus register I can read to figure out that "Mains" went away?

Thanks in advance

sesshoumaru asked
sesshoumaru edited ·

1 Answer

Easy solar, solar dump, programmable relay

Feel a fool for asking such a simple question. Easysolar 3kw 24v system. I'm trying to use the programmable relay to initiate a solar dump. (I'm on a boat, dump will be immersion heater) Ive dedicated one AC out to the heater. There is an external relay in that circuit (solid state, 24v dc controlled, 240v contacts) which I'm trying to control with the on board programmable relay, by setting it to close when the battery is in float/storage state. I have a voltage controller to limit the demand of the immersion element (normally 1kw, but can adjust accordingly) This is where it gets tricky for me. I am led to believe the programmable relay is on the top right of the pcb. And is by default the alarm relay. I have fed this relay with 24v+dc into both NC and NO (com out to one terminal on the external relay. (Other terminal returns to batt-) If on NC I get no signal regardless of the apparent state of programmable relay. If on NO I get a permanent signal regardless of the apparent state of programmable relay. What am I missing? This should be such a simple task?

paulyplum asked

0 Answers

ACout 2 programming for Deferrable Load (water heater) control.

We are trying to get the ACout 2 relay work as a deferrable Load controller, the issue we are facing is that we need the following condition to happen in AND not OR logic to activate our water-heater so we can make sure that we are

1- Not affecting the batteries absorption cycle by sucking current from it during Absorbution, which will be the case if we use ONLY a voltage set point.

2- Create a very narrow operation window for the deveriable load to work in

Is there any possibility to make a programmable relay logic conditions in AND not OR?

[image]

Mohamed Mamdouh Elkadragy asked
kaffeetasse answered ·

4 Answers

Which Relay assistant for Conditional AC, DV switching

I want to program some relays in the Multi II for conditional AC, DC usage instances and am confused as to which assistant/relay I should use, the programmable relays, general Flags or AC-related relays. The conditions I'm trying to set are as follows:

• If MAIN AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 100W then use PV for loads, when not enough PV use Bats to 75% SOC
  • If MAIN AC and BAT SOC less 75% PV Charges bats to 100% SOC and use 100% Grid for loads
  • If Main AC and PV is less than 100W then charge bats
  • If Main AC and no PV use Grid
  • If no Main AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 500W then use PV, when not enough PV use Bats to SOC 55%
  • If no Main AC and Bat SOC is less than 55% use PV to charge to 100% SOC, don’t use Bats for loads
  • If no Main AC and PV less than 500W charge batters to 100% SOC
  • If no Main AC and no PV Run loads on Bats to SOC 55%

* Note: in the instance of no MAIN AC, AC OUT 1 is the only source of AC to essential loads.

For PV conditions, should I use W or VDC? I'm more interested in utilizing the PV when requisite Watts are available as the system generates between 85-75 VDC between sunrise and sunset.

If anyone could kindly take me through an example routine step-by-step, or screenshot their own so I have a model to work off of I would appreciate it! Any tips, suggestions or helpful hints would be great too. Or, if there is an easier way or a better method to condense these to achieve the same result feel free to let me know. Not using ESS btw. Thanks! :)

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

2 Answers

MultiPlus II 3k - detect AC IN

Hi

I have a MultiPlus-II-48V-3k.

Sometimes the grid fails and this is correctly detected, so the AC IN shows 0.

But when the grid comes back it takes 30 minutes until it get's recognized.

Can this testing time or delay be shortened?

Thank you,

Daniel

drcom asked
drcom answered ·

2 Answers

202 Posts
175 Users
4 Followers

Topic Experts

kevgermany
62 Points
ascherg