Relay Image

Relay

CCGX Generator start/stopp

Hi

CCGX is not start/stopping generator after FW upgrade, no changes is made in settings. Someone who has same issue ?

FW is now v2.91 , is it a good idea to downgrade to v2.90?

regards

okkildal asked
therenewableguy edited ·

2 Answers

How can I use Victron Cerbo GX Relay to Activate Heat Pad in Green House

Dear Community,

I am using a Cerbo GX + Ruvvi Temp Sensors in a Greenhouse. When Temperature falls below a certain point, I want the relay to close, and the heat pads to activate. When the temperature exceeds a certain point, I want the relay to open, and power to the heat pads to disconnect.

I have built the setup, and it's running, but I believe the configuration on the Cerbo GX, and relay control is designed to operate for cooling principles NOT heating. I believe the program is directional, and the user would benefit from being able to determine the direction that the program operates. One should be able to determine if the activation value or de-activation value triggers the relay based on direction.

Below is my current setup, 'Activate' at 11 degrees, and 'de-activate' at 17 degrees, yet its currently 8 degrees outside and the condition is 'active'.

[image]

[image]

Its active because at some point in the day, the temperature exceeded 11 degrees, so the relay activated, yet even though its fallen below 11 degrees it remains active. It would only shut off if the temperature exceeded 17 degrees.

How can I set it up, so that if the temperature falls below a certain point the relay is activated, (as I think the relay works only when the temperature EXCEEDS a certain value.

It's designed for a hot cabinet, activate when temperature is 30 degrees, de-activate when temperature is 20 degrees as an example.

I believe the activation direction is the limiting factor, since once temperature exceeds 17 degrees the relay would deactivate. Yet if it falls below 11 degrees It won't activate, only once it INCREASES past 11 degrees.

A link to the setup is here, in-case you wanted to have a look. https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/213577/share/7a0c99c7

[image]

I am using Carbon heat pads, which are incredibly low energy, but will give enough heat to the plant pots to improve growing conditions.

Let me know if you have a better way of programming this.

Thank you

next-day-solar asked
next-day-solar answered ·

5 Answers

Multiplus 12/1200VA Relay output usage for cooling fan?

Hi

Im planning on installing a Multiplus 12/1200VA inside a steel enclosure with a lithium battery.

The enclosure will be outdoor wall mounted and will receive sunlight in the afternoon. Im going to be adding a cooling fan to keep temperatures inside the case down. So ive read you can set the alarm relay to turn on when the multiplus internal fan turns on.

First question, what is the current rating for the relay? I cant seem to find a current rating for the relay anywhere? Id like to fit quite a large fan.

Second question, at what temperature does the internal multiplus fan come on? I want to avoid a situation where the multiplus is under no load so it doesn't deem it necessary to tun on its fan while the ambient temperature in the enclosure is lets say for arguments sake 60 degrees celcuis and busy cooking my lithium battery.

Third question, im going to have the external temp sensor of the multiplus mounted on the battery obviously. Would i be able to control the alarm relay using the battery temp reading?

ferdie asked
ferdie commented ·

3 Answers

EasySolar II 5kVA runnigng generator via SOC state using relay

The main thing I'm missing is a Relay1 that I could use to control the generator based on the SOC status.
If the GX is highlighted in red in the picture, is it possible to use its pins to control relay 1? Which are obviously not used.
If so, what relay is used by default (parameters) ???

Or is it possible to control the running generator via the SOC state, via the contact Aux relay ??? Item D in the attached image. :)
Or if it is not possible to use the options described above, is there another option than run the generator via SOC state?

[image]

[image]

Thanks for help.

JN

Juraj Nikolov asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

1 Answer

BMS to control remote on/off?

I just bought a Multiplus II 3000/48v and 16 LifePo4 cells. Im researching what BMS to get and leans to 123BMS.

I wonder if I need to get a power relay (to break connection between MP II and battery) for the BMS to control when to not allow charge/discharge or is it safe to let the BMS control the Remote On-Off switch of the Multiplus II? Or is that a stupid idea that I should just forget?

gr1pen asked
Juraj Nikolov answered ·

2 Answers

Using “Programmable relay” depends on battery temperature?

Dear community,

a short introduction of my system: I’m issuing a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 GX with a 16S lifepo4 Batteries and Fronius inverter as an ESS system.

The goal is, to use the Multiplus relays to control the battery temperature.

But, first issue is, I don’t see the relay button in my remote console. Do I need to activate relay option somewhere in the settings?

[image]

I also tried to use the “Programmable relay” assistant but without success so far.

The idea is, to use the ACOut 2 relay to power a heating pad depends on the battery temperature.

Temperature <5° --> relay on

Temperature >10° --> relay off

[image]

[image]

[image]

Did someone this kind of setup and can support me?

Thanks

bob1606 asked
bob1606 answered ·

2 Answers

Using programmable relay on GX on loss of internet connectivity to the VRM servers

Has anyone been able to program a relay (be it GX or MultiPlus or BMV) to function when the GX loses contact to the VRM server (same as the reboot function of the GX on loss of internet)

I have a NBN (internet provider) NTD (network termination device which is a LTE wireless connection) that often freezes up and requires rebooting to re-establish connectivity to the internet - I want to program the Victron system to restart the NTD on loss of internet ( detected by the GX) by using the programable relays to open then close long enough to cut power to the NTD and restart it

i cant use the remote switching of the unit as one the internet goes down i dont have the ability to turn it back on remotely

ideally if the remote switch function of the MultiPlus could have a restart timer (so off for say 2 mins then automatically restarts again) this will work as the NTD is powered by the MultiPlus

is there a work around to do this?

using the generator stop start function may work with a min run time of 1 min doing it but it would have to be automatic on loss of connectivity as you cant manually control it when internet is already down

Nigel Charlesworth asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus relay - daily usage?

Hi there

Just wondering is there any specification about how many times the relay can be used? Ie disconnecting from the grid everyday and then reconnecting.

Thanks.

h2009 asked
Rob Duthie commented ·

2 Answers

Multi RS 48/6000 ACIN1 relay does not close

Have a customer with a Multi RS 48/6000 in a truck, connected to generic 48V CANbus batteries. No problem charging from solar (via separate MPPT) but the batteries will not charge from the Multi RS when connected to shore power. The message on screen says ACIN1 relay open which would explain why its not working but I can't find any settings that relate to this relay, or any reason why it would not close when connection is active.

There are no faults in the log except battery voltage low (its currently at 45V so desperately needs charging asap). I've tried with DVCC enabled and disabled and with battery canbus cable unplugged so I'm 99% sure its something internal to the RS Multi. Any ideas?

roamer asked
roamer answered ·

5 Answers

Relay to control remoteport on inverter

Hi

Can I use a 220v relay like this to control the remote port on my Phoenix 12/1200 inverter?

https://heschen.com/products/hs1-25-2p-220v

/Mattias

Skärmavbild 2023-01-25 kl. 22.45.47.png

matteburk asked
matteburk answered ·

2 Answers

Can I add more switches to controls on the dashboard.

I would like to add some more virtual relay/switches to the controls on the dashboard. The controls is a convenient connection to ‘Venus OS Lage/node red’.

claus asked

0 Answers

Grid relay error - everything checked and still cause problem

Hi I have problems with 3 phase instalation with 3 x multiplus II 3000 VA.

On off grid mode everything works fine but when mains is on cause error 11.

Below more details please help to indificate what cause a problem:

[image]

[image]

mk1 asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

How to trigger MP2 2x120 relay on loss of shorepower

When we are away and our coach loses shorepower both AC units will try to run off inverter. My plan is to place a NC 12v coil relay in the rear AC line so that the MP2 relay could kill the rear AC and prevent an overload on inverter. Is this doable via the relay assistant? Will it be quick enough to prevent an overload? Thanks for any insight here.

ripnc asked
ripnc answered ·

2 Answers

Node red : Multiplus II primary relay

Dear all,

My installation consists of solar panels, Pylontech batteries, a Multiplus II, and a Solar Charger MPPT 450/100. This set is controlled by a CERBO GX. I have installed Venus Large and Node-RED.

I already control a hot water tank from a CERBO GX relay programmed with Node-RED.

I would also like to program the primary relay of the Multiplus II via Node-RED. I can do this with the Relay Assistant but cannot find it with Node-RED. Do you have an idea?

Jérôme

jeromed asked
Dirk-Jan Faber commented ·

3 Answers

Multiplus II 2 X 120 Programable Relay

I have the Multiplus II 2X 120 in my RV. I am rigging up a cooling system that triggers off the relay programmable logic. But there is nothing in the manual that shows the location of this relay. It has two Aux + - connections and an open collector (whatever that is) and Ext. ground relay. Is there documentation on these or is the relay inside the case?

[image]

offgridcircuits asked
offgridcircuits commented ·

1 Answer

260 Posts
230 Users
4 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
362 Points
Alexandra
247 Points