Temperature Sensor Image

Temperature Sensor

Temperature sensor error

I keep getting a Temperature sense error alarm, can I just disconnect it from my quattro?

Hannes Swart asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Wrong Batterie Temp indication

My Multiplus II 3000 has a temperature sensor with cable for the battery.

I connected the eye at the plus pole of the battery.

And made sure the connection at the Multiplus has the right direction +/-.

In the VRM it shows -9°C. The Temp in the room ist +17C.

Faulty Sensor, faulty Multiplus or wrong connected?

Or a bug?

joshyjs asked
joshyjs answered ·

3 Answers

Teltonika Eye Sensor (BT temp,hum) in venus?

This would be really great to be able to add in Venus OS.... Look a lot like the Ruuvi but a lot cheaper but yet made by a pro company Teltonika.....

https://tktracker.shop/en/home/79-teltonika_eye_sensor.html

matteburk asked

0 Answers

Can i connect MPII's wire temperature sensor to aux input of Smart Shunt?

As diplayed in:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/SmartShunt/en/image1623dd83dbe528.png

Will it work = will charger in ESII use its readings for when to stop charging battery under 0C?

It would make much cleaner wiring, if you could connect this sensor directly to SmartShunt (very close), instead of making long wire run to ESII.

jj-o-jj asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Temperature Sensors

A quick question about Temperature sensors . Is the temperature sensor supplied with the Multiplus 1200 interchangeable and can it be used with the Blue solar MPPT or the GX Crebo or are they all calibrated differently .

ako asked
snoobler commented ·

3 Answers

Is the BMV-712 Power Consumption a Problem in Cold Weather with LifePO4 batteries

My design includes 280ah lifepo4 battery monitored with a bmv-712 with temperature sensor.

The battery manufacturer states that the battery operating temperature envelope is 0 degrees C to 60 degrees C.

My question is will the power draw of the bmv-712 harm the battery when in environments beyond the battery's temperature envelope?

jcerioni asked
elvis answered ·

1 Answer

MultiPlus: Disable Charger based on battery temperature

I'm currently building an RV off-grid system based around a Lithium Tesla Battery and MultiPlus. In the system is also a BMV 702, BatteryProtect 220 and Color Control.

As the Lithium Battery really doesn't like to be charged below freezing temperature I'm planning to have an automated heating pad that keeps the battery warm, but I would like to have a fail safe which disables the MultiPlus Charger whenever the temperature of the Battery reaches 5°C

My current setup is to connect the BMV-702 Temperature Control Sensor to the Battery and then connected the BMV-702 Relay to the MultiPlus AUX1 which controls the Charger via the Charge Assistant. This works nicely, but I was wondering:

1. The MultiPlus already has a Temperature Sense Connector plus the Temperature Sensor shipped, when I measure the voltage of the Temperature sensor I get a reading of 2.6V at 25°C. Is there any datasheet of the Temperature Sensor that I could use to configure the MultiPlus Assistant for temperature? I would really like to not depend on the BMV for the temperature measuring and best have the MultiPlus measure the temperature directly.

2. I found the new Shared Temperature Sense feature of the Venus/ColorControl: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2018/10/17/venus-os-v2-20-scheduled-charging-equalize-and-more/ which mentions:

the Venus-device will send the battery temperature to the connected Solar Chargers and Inverter/chargers.

But I don't see anything in the MultiPlus Configuration Screen to do anything with that Temperature or any other way that it actually receives the temperature form the Venus/ColorControl.

Plus just two other small questions:

1. Is there any way to see the current voltage reading on the MultiPlus AUX inputs? I'm having a bit a hard time to find the correct voltages to use in the Assistant

2. When I disable the Charger in the VEConfig all together, but then enable the Charger again via the Assistant based on the AUX1. The charger is actually running! That's a bit scary ;) Also which charge settings are used? I assume just the last settings of the charger before it was disabled all together?

schnitzel asked
matt-rsa answered ·

6 Answers

I would like to add a low temperature (charger) cut off

I would like to add a low temperature (charger) cut off, Is that possible with my Victron system?

System-

RV, no solar

Charging-

Alternator to 2 - Orion-Tr Smart 12/12/30 DC-DC Charger Non-isolated w Bluetooth

Monitor-

BMV-712 with

500A/50mV shunt

Battery-

LiFePO4 200Ah

BMS-

To be determined

Question 2

Because my DC-DC Charger’s are Non-isolated I must use a common port BMS, correct?

michael-drabeck asked
broekhuijze answered ·

2 Answers

New Multiplus ii 2x 120 Temperature light stays on

Hi everyone,

I just installed a Multiplus ii 2x 120 in my RV, and it seemed to work ok for about 20 minutes, but then the temperature light came on. The Cerbo is telling me it's a "Temperature L1: Alarm". I figured it needed to cool down (wasn't hot to the touch) so I opened up the doors and put a fan on it. I checked after a while, and it was completely cool, but the light was still on and the fan was running.

I shut it down and tried starting it up the next morning, and the fan turns on full power, the temp light comes on, and it won't do anything. Do I need to go in and reset something in the software? I took the cover off, hoping that the temp sensor would have a wire loose or something, but no luck.

sookati asked
sookati answered ·

2 Answers

Temperature monitoring of Mulitplus-II

I'm looking to monitor the internal temperature of a Victron Multiplus-II inverter.

Is there onboard sensor which I can access to see the temperature values or an additional sensor available for this purpose?

Thanks

skywolff-energy asked

0 Answers

Doesn't show temprature in VRM under battery

I have the temperature sensor connected to the multiplus II and selected it under DVCC

The SmartShunt 500 is used as battery monitor but does not have a temperature sensor connected to it.

I did see the temp under the battery some days ago but now i can't see it anymore.

How do i get the temperature to show under the battery again?

[image]

[image]

martinmjoberg asked
kevgermany commented ·

0 Answers

BMV712 Smart Battery Monitor question

Hello,

I have a BMV712 Smart battery monitor and I am trying to connect it to a dual battery setup on my boat. I have the temp sensor version. I am having difficulty interpreting where I should hook the sensor up. Should I have two because I have two batteries? Or prioritize a single battery (which one?) I've attached my schematic for your review. I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

[image]

zulu-55 asked
zulu-55 commented ·

4 Answers

SmartShunt + Temperature Sensor wiring [SOLVED]

Our SmartShunt 500A is working GREAT in our 2011 Winnebago View 24K RV with dual 6V 232Ah Energizer flooded cell "golf cart" batteries connected in series. Our SmartShunt was installed per Step 5 of Victron’s Quick Install Guide with the (RED single wire with fuse) power cable connected between the positive battery terminal and the SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quick-Install-Guide-SmartShunt-EN.pdf

HOWEVER, I want to add a Victron Temperature Sensor for BMV-702/712 (Part Number ASS000100000) but need answers to these QUESTIONS:

1. Do I REPLACE this RED power cable that's inserted in SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal in Step 5 with the RED wire of the Victron Energy Temperature Sensor for BMV-702/712 (Part Number ASS000100000) shown in Step 8 that I also purchased?

OR do install BOTH the (RED single wire with fuse) power cable that came with the SmartShunt shown in Step 5 AND the RED wire of the Victron Energy Temperature Sensor shown in Step 8 into the SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal?

2. IF I ONLY install the RED wire of the Victron Energy Temperature Sensor into the SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal, HOW DO I REMOVE the (RED single wire with fuse) power cable I inserted in Step 5 from the SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal? I doesn't seem to want to come out, even by inserting a paper clip into the small hole adjoining the SmartShunt Vbatt+ terminal.

Please answer BOTH the above questions at your earliest convenience so I can install the Victron Energy Temperature Sensor correctly.

Thanks!

brokerdon asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

1 Answer

Why is the CanBus Battery T° is not available in the parameters to control temperature relays on the GX device?

I'm using a Multiplus II/Cerbo GX to charge my LiFePo4 Pylontech battery with solar panels.

The relays on the GX device can now be controlled by temperature, for example to switch a fan, or heating pad.

That's really great and saves me from installing the Venus Large image with NodeRed !

BUT (yes, sorry ;-) )

The CanBus reported Battery t° is not available in the parameters to control the relay.

Here is the scenarios where it can be VERY usefull (for me at least):

- An external t° sensor does not give the same t° as an inside battery t° sensor (due to the great inertia of a battery) I measured as much as 7° between the external case of my battery and the Internal t°. The outside shell heat up way quicker than the internal cells of the battery.

- The CanBus batteries are connected with the CanBus to the controller (My CerboGX/Multiplus II)

- If I want to and another external "dumb" charge source like an alternator charge who has no access to the CanBus, I would like to be able to disable the charge trough the relay controlled by the CanBus INTERNAL temperature of the battery to prevent high current charging when the battery is in the freezing range.

Is it possible, did I miss something ?

If not, can it be added in a future release ?

Thanks a lot for the good work ! :-)

Seb

Edit: below you can see that the internal battery t° sensor cools down and heat up way slower than an external battery t° sensor.

[image]

Battery Temperature Sensor [512] : Internal CanBus sensor

Temperature - T* Batterie [26] : Victron external sensor glued to the battery case (with offset -1°)

Temperature - T* Inside [25] : T° of the room where the batteries are stored (Van)

Temperature - T* Outside [24] : T° outside... ;-)

sebcbien asked
sebcbien answered ·

2 Answers

227 Posts
207 Users
5 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
399 Points
ascherg
0 Points
Stuart