vrm remote console Image

vrm remote console

VRM Portal IP address?

Hi

We are doing some installations with Venus GX in a closed network. We need to make an opening in the customer firewall, to be able to connect to the VRM.

We are not able to do a DNS lookup on the http://ccgxlogging.victronenergy.com/

Cabn you guys provide us with the correct IP adress and port numbers.

Thanks in advance.

BR. Jonas

jonasiq asked
mvader (Victron Energy) commented ·

4 Answers

Verbindung von Multiplus II GX 48 5000 zu SolarEdge Wechselrichter geht im VRM verloren

Hallo,

In der VRM Console verliert der Multipluss II den Kontakt zu dem SolarEdge Wechselrichter der PV Anlage. Diese sind über ein Netzwerk verbunden und befinden sich im selben Netzwerk.

Ich habe im SolarEdge die Einstellung vor genommen das Modbus aktiv ist.

Es hat auch funktioniert und der Solar Edge zeigte mir im Kontrollpanel die Daten an. Nun ist dieses Anzeige im Kontollpanel plötzlich wieder weg.

Ich habe die Einstellungen im Solaredge überprüft. Diese sind unverändert.

Der Solar Edge WR ist auch problemlos über das Netzwerk erreichbar aber in der Victron VRM wird gemeldet das dieser nicht verbunden ist.

Bitte um Hilfe!

Herzlichen Dank

jankl asked
raketo answered ·

3 Answers

Bug report: Pylontech 2500 Battery-Remote Console-Details &VRM data errors

I'm commissioning three Pylontech 2500 batteries with a new Cerbo GX and came across two problems with the remote console "Details" display of data and the data reported by the VRM data widget. (the battery operation is working nominally)

1/ the Details screen (remote console) description has the first two labels of the "Lowest cell voltage" and "Highest cell voltage" reversed. The VRM widget display also has these labels reversed.

2/ Something is very wrong with the display of the Lowest and Highest cell temperatures.
The Details screen is also reporting the "Minimum cell temperature" and "Maximum cell temperature" incorrectly. For an ambient temperature of 24C and battery temp of 24C and a small charge current 7.5A @ 26.88V for 3 units (333Ah) the reported max and min cell temperatures are -33C and -43C. The next day when the ambient temperature had dropped to 21C, reported -63C & -73C.

I tried each of the brand new batteries separately (i.e. not connected together via RS232 cable) moving the CAN cable to each in turn and each of the "Cell temperatures" was the same i.e -33C. I would have expected the cell temperature should have been (under the operating conditions) to have been very close to the battery temperature at 24C plus/minus no more than 1C.

I also have observed that the reported battery temperature resolution is 1 degree C (no problem with this), with the cell temperature incremented in units of 10C. This might hint at the possible cause of the problem.

The battery otherwise seems to be operating nominally and the local LED display is not showing any problems. Otherwise, the Pylontech 2500 BMS CAN bus connection to the Cerbo GX was simple and quick commissioning, complements on making it so easy.

I'll try to post screenshots of the problem, for some reason the current session does not allow images.

raymiller asked
raymiller answered ·

3 Answers

Online Portal does not update

I have had nothing but trouble with the Cerbo GX and GX touch screen. Finally I have had it updating and working fine for a week and now that I've left my installation location and want to monitor it remotely as designed it is not updating and showing "offline". I see other posts regarding this but no real fixes offered. Anyone else having these troubles?

jm2021 asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

4 Answers

VRM Remote Console not working via VRM app or website

Hi everyone,

I just recently installed Cerbo GX with the latest firmware (v2.61).

I've connected up my Victron gear via VE direct cables (SmartShunt, SmartSolar and Inverter).

I can log into my VRM account on my computer and use the VRM app on my iPhone, however neither my computer VRM or VRM app allow access to the remote console. I see a screen that says "remote console connecting..." and then after several minutes I get a "cannot connect" error.

I tried to follow the troubleshooting page but the links have moved. Seems a bit buggy which is a surprise for Victron...

rshaules asked
rshaules answered ·

6 Answers

Display of data in VRM and remote access

Hi,

my VRM dashboard looks since yesterday totally different.

[image]

before it looked like this (just an example out of Victron world)

[image]

What could be the reason? Also I do not have the possibility for remote console anymore.

Has someone else discovered this change?

Chhers

Dirk

dirkmuc asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Remote console via VRM not working

Hi. I am new to the Victron world, having recently installed a MPPT solar controller, BMV 712, and Venus GX. MultiPlus in box to install next. All in a RV with new lithium batteries too.

All is working great so far with the exception of the Remote Console via internet with the vrm.victronenergy.com website or the VRM iOS app. I can use remote console when connected to the RV WiFi hotspot or using the built-in IP address in the Venus GX.

Other VRM functions work fine over the internet - and I have it set to update in 1 minute intervals.

I’ve spent hours reading online and trying different settings, without success.

Can someone please give me the specific settings for the Venus GX to enable remote internet Remote Console access? I think I have everything set properly - but it does not work. I must be missing something. Do I need to set SSH? What about 2-way communication?

It seems odd that all other VRM functions work fine via remote internet with the exception of Remote Console.

Thanks!

jlmster asked
sbman commented ·

8 Answers

VRM Konsole Anzeigefehler

Hallo, ich habe auf meiner Remote Konsole über einen Cerbo GX , 2 Anzeige Fehler.

1. Das PV Ladegerät überlagert das Logo vom MPPT

2. Die Punkte für die Energieflussrichtung fehlen, egal wie Groß die Last ist und in welche Richtung sie geht. Im Dashboard wird alle richtig angezeigt.

Kann man sowas irgendwo anpassen?

[image]

atomicix asked
atomicix answered ·

2 Answers

Venus GX loses Remote Console via VRM

Over the last couple of weeks. My Remote Console via VRM loses connectivity. The Venus is online and reporting and I can use local Lan to connect but it takes a reboot to solve which I can’t do remote. Seemed to start after firmware 2.72.

[image]

Scott Gardner asked
Paul B answered ·

3 Answers

Difference between Remote Config file .RVCS and .RVMS

Hi

Your editorial shows the downloaded data as a .RVCS file. When I down load the file it comes as a .RVMS file.

The will not open with VE Config latest version.

What can I try?

johnbroome asked
craigh answered ·

2 Answers

VRM remote console data has stopped updating about 4 hours ago

The online portal stopped updating at 09:44:41 today (last connection time). I have checked the router connection and all seems to be OK. Is there an issue with the Cloud at the moment?

[image]

alexandervich asked
radetzky answered ·

4 Answers

Display Remote Console

Hello

i did the upgrade to the latest version, then apply the configuration but now the display on my Laptop is like this when using the remote console from the web page\

I cannot see the Solar information

any help would be appreciated

[image]

fenix asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

1 Answer

VRM email send to the administrator

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up VRM, when adding my raspberry PI it is sending an email to the administrator, i created a new account for VRM and afterwards i created a new installation. I tried to add my raspberry PI (running Venus) to which i have connected my Multiplus 2 and my smart solar charger.
I am not sure why i am not receiving the email to add my products to the VRM.

I purchased my raspberry PI, Smart solar charger and the Multiplus 2 second hand, i do not know from what dealer the products have been purchased, contacting the previous owner did not result in a solution unfortunately.

Is there anyway to reset the administrator or another way to add my products to VRM?

Thank you and regards

eriksijtsma asked
Paul B edited ·

1 Answer

Multiplus II GX 48/5000 Hub-1 Off but powering AC loads, not on Device list Remote Console

Hi

Just upgraded my Multiplus II GX 48/3000 to 48/5000 version.

Display shows Hub-1 Off , ene though it shows off , it is inverting because it is powering the AC loads.

Added the installation on VRM , I can access on VRM and reomte console locally.

It shows all my charge controllers but Multiplus is nowhere to be seen on the list.

Enabled Two-Way communication , but it does not give me the option for Remote VEConfigure , like it did on my previous Multiplus II 3000

Anyone have any ideas please?

Pulling my hair out stage here..

Thanks in advance

teloth asked
teloth commented ·

1 Answer

MPPT Load output switching in vrm?

Is it possible to switch on or off the load output of the mppt in vrm or in the remote console?
I would like to use it to switch on or off remotely.

If it's not possible, would it be possible to implement?

yannick asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Ess remote konsole kritische lasten ?

bitte um hilfe, was sind in der ESS remote konsole kritische lasten ?

vielen dank

gromheisei asked
gromheisei answered ·

2 Answers

Remote console run for x minutes not working

[image]

When trying to start the generator and using the Run for x minutes its virtually impossible to adjust the run time, the scroll buttons do not seem to work, its possible when using a PC and mouse, but accessing via a phone makes it very difficult to adjust

Richard Crittenden asked
Richard Crittenden edited ·

0 Answers

Stalled screen in Android VRM

For some time the remote console on my Android phone gets stuck on this screen (only with one of my installations). If I open it on my windows laptop or iPad it works like charm. Any suggestions?

[image]

josmeijer asked
seb71 commented ·

4 Answers

Remote Console not working on Multiplus II GX

Dear community, good night

I registered a Multiplus II GX to VRM portal. It reports data OK but can´t access Remote Console. It refuses to open. I can access it when connected to the SSID of the Multiplus II GX but not from VRM.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Javier Moran asked
Javier Moran answered ·

2 Answers

IDEA: Display AC loads "OFF" when in Charger only on VRM and Console

My Setup : MPPT, Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-30, Venus OS 2.6, RPI 3B+

(But in the case the RPi bit is irrelevant.)

Others have already noticed that they occasionally see phantom AC loads figures with no AC loads connected. In my case the MP Compact is currently in charger only mode so can't have any power going out to AC.

Would it be possible to display AC loads "OFF" on the VRM and Console to reflect the current setting on the Multiplus?

• For the VRM this would be an [OFF] box over the feed to the AC loads. Similar to the [Storage] box in the view below.
  • For the console it could be that the 0W is changed to "OFF" when AC out is disabled.

USE CASES:

1) On boats and RVs it would be far more easy to see the console than the state of the switch on the Multiplus (currently buried at the back of my electric cupboard).

2) You could easily check remotely - did I remember to switch of the AC output when I left the boat?

3) Easy for non technical people who use our boat to see why the fridge is not working!

4) No phantom AC load values

[image]

laurenceh asked
laurenceh commented ·

2 Answers

Venus Remote Console - View MPPT chargers individually

Hi

I have added second MPPT charger to my grid tied solution. On the Venus remote console and VRM portal the PV charger value is the combined values of the two MPPT chargers. Is it possible to view the MPPT chargers individually?

[image]

Steven asked
alan answered ·

1 Answer

VRM Remote Console Stuck on Notifications

Hi all,

First of all happy new year to all the Victron community.

I'm having a trouble since yesterday. My Remote console is stuck on the notifications page and we can see the Phoenix Inverter page just below it. I'm not able to go back and any buttons are working too except from the up and down arrows.

[image]

I have two more installations but the remote console works fine for these. The issue is only on this particular installation called "Kit Froid Gbowlé".

Has someone ever face this issue and what can be the solution to remotely fix that as the installation is in Togo and me in France.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Ashley

ashley asked
ashley commented ·

1 Answer

remote console on vrm disabled why.

yesterday i could use the remote console via the vrm which was handy, today i cant its not on the menu. and under devices/gateway is shows as disabled. this is not handy as today iam 300 miles further away from the installation than i was yesterday. why did this happen and how do i fix it?

paddy-bloomer asked
paddy-bloomer commented ·

2 Answers

Feature request: Allow Multiplus to be switched on&off from the VRM Dashboard

Hi there,

I'm using - and loving - the VRM portal, live controlling my installation (the new layout is great).

As I must spare any lost watt, I'm often switching on&off my multiplus C. Somebody knows if, in the future, it would be possible doing it directly on the main page, without opening the console?

That would be awesome !

Best

Denis

[image]

denis70 asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

6 Answers

AC load not shown correctly when AC in

Hello,

We have a couple of systems (4) running with a Multiplus 24/3000/70 and a Venus GX.

One of the systems shows a significantly lower AC output value, in VRM and through remote console, when connected to grid. Grid in this case is a generator started by the venus gx.

The AC loads seem to be working correctly and I can not imagine a roughly 100w drop happening in this system, load is usually quite consistent. When running on batteries the correct load is shown, this just happens as soon as ac IN kicks in

Where to start looking to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

[image]

tlamers asked
Ingo edited ·

0 Answers

Remote VEConfigure Upload - Quattro #6 DDC Program Error

I have a system of 3 Quattro 15k configured in 3Phase, a CCGX, BMV-700 and AC-out coupled PV on-grid inverters.

Yesterday I wanted to change charger settings in VEConfig of each Quattro so I downloaded the VE.Bus using Remote VEConfigure and changed the settings on each of the Quattros within the VE.Bus remote file. Of course it required a VESoftware tools update and within the VEConfigure, ESS assistant update. I updated successfully.

Interestingly, after the update, ESS assistant settings were not the same in each of the Quattros; the Master had all the settings, but the Slaves had fewer setting pages. (Anyone knows if normal? why?)

After setting changes, I closed+saved the VEconfigure and VEBus tools, and went on to upload the updated file via Remote VEConfigure. First trial returned an error, second as well, and the third trial just crashed and froze on one stage of the upload. After a checkup on site, the system was shut down, with a beeping sound, flashing LEDs and Quattro #6 DDC Program Error alarm on CCGX (attached photos).

My problems:

1. I checked on site CCGX and VRM portal, the connection seems up and running online, however I cannot connect to the CCGX nor the device Remote VEConfigure, and Victron Connect app, it shows the system "offline".
  2. I have to solve this solely remotely, online, since I don't have specialized personnel on site with the necessary tools
  3. Error 6 DDC seems a problem in the assistant and needs a VE.Bus firmware update. How can I do this remotely online when my connection seems to have a problem?

Urgent support is needed with thanks.

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) can you please jump in for suggestions

Thanks

Nazareth Kevorkian asked
Paul B commented ·

2 Answers

CCGX Not showing PV Production

We have a customer with the following installed:
1 x Victron MultiPlus II (48/3000/35-50-230V)

2 x Fronius 3kW Primos (1 on the input, one on the output)

7kWh of BYD batteries

Currently everything is working ok, except there is no pv production being recorded and displayed by any of the Victron devices.

Using the Remote Console I can see that the MultiPlus is aware of both of the inverters. The customer has a Solar.Web monitoring setup for the Fronius inverters, but can only monitor one of them, so the customer can't use Solar.Web to record production data.

All of the devices are connected to the customers wi-fi, though it is not the best signal strength at the inverters.

The customer used to have the PV Production showing on the CCGX, and in the past a reboot through the CCGX would get it to find the Fronius', though this isn't working anymore.

I have had the customer run through a full shutdown of the system and restart, but this hasn't changed anything either.

There hasn't been a firmware update installed since the customer had the ability to measure

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sd-jesse asked
sd-jesse commented ·

0 Answers

Screen layout on VRM not showing AC2 out loads separately from AC1 out

This question may answer part of another question I posted two days ago.

The VRM layout for the Multiplus 2 looks like the Screenshot document below

However, the second image reflects the actual layout

Surely the VRM portal (and remote console / Colour control) should rflect the actual statof the Multipluss wherein

AC1 = Critical loads (No break loads) - Green on image

AC2 = loads connected to AC2 of multiplus - Blue on image

"High loads" - Red load on Image

It is somewhat confusing as to what AC loads and Critical loads actually mean on the current VRM portal layout especially the "flow" of current depicted by the blue dashes.

Does "critical loads" (1846w for clarity) mean AC1 out and AC2 out

Does "AC loads" (0 w for clarity) mean the bidirectional load which is fedback into the grid but consumed by the "red" high loads?

[image]

[image]

Lyndsay Cotton asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

1 Answer

How long is VRM data kept online?

How long are the advanced history stats available via the VRM portal. It looks like I’m missing data older than about 6 months under the advanced reports, but have older content from the dashboard. It looks like I might need to export these on a regular basis if the historical data is purged.

Steve Mullins asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

3 Answers

Followers

120 Posts
102 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts

Teun Lassche
131 Points
markus
75 Points