firmware update Image

firmware update

Multiplus II Ignores "Low Temperature Shutdown" Threshold

Hello.

I am creating this post on behalf of a fellow client of ours. Our client recently bought 2 Multiplus II's and configured them into split-phase (master/slave). Both units seem to work well except the slave unit or Leg 2 (the second Multiplus II in the set up) seems to ignore the Low Temperature shutdown threshold. Our client reached out to us about the problem attaching a YouTube video describing the issue and the specific set up that we will link as well. After inspecting the video and specific Victron Configure programming settings we asked the client to send us for BOTH units, it appears that both Multiplus II's are set up with the proper and identical settings however leg 2 (or the slave unit) completely ignores the threshold. This seems like it might be a firmware like issue, but incase anyone else is dealing with this issue, we'd like to shed light on it in hopes we can either find a fix through the community, or hopefully this brings enough attention to come out with a firmware update fixing the issue.

Link to YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PlbLLX4kPw

jpearson1223 asked
jpearson1223 commented ·

0 Answers

Smartsolar firmware 1.59 update

I saw the latest MPPT firmware was released stating it applies to all the models, however noticed the Smartsolar 75/15 does not get updated using the latest version of IOS VictronConnect 5.47 or the Android version and remains on 1.56. Can this point in relation to "all models" be clarified please? The larger models updated in line with earlier releases and the documentation guides.

ejrossouw asked
kevgermany edited ·

3 Answers

What to do after failed firmware upgrade

I was forced to do a firmware update of my VE.Direct to Bluetooth Smart dongle at a time when my cell phone connection was not at full strength. The update failed, and now I cannot connect to the dongle (and thus, my charge controller either).

The dongle shows one blue light. Holding the "Clear PIN" button down for 5 seconds (or any length of time) does nothing.

Is there any chance of recovering this device, or do I have to throw it away and buy a new one?

avramd asked
kevgermany edited ·

1 Answer

RS450/100 internal error 201 immediately after firmware update V1.05

Hello,
Are there more people with a RS450/100 that had internal error 201 after the latest firmware update?
Now I have to sent the unit back to Victron.
Unit is connected to 30kW BYD lithium batery, color control and Quattro 15kW.

perry-westphal asked
Warwick Bruce Chapman edited ·

4 Answers

Question for firmware updating a MultiPlus

Hello, Ive got a question about a firmware update.

My multiplus is running at version 2610158.VFD. So i made a connection with the MK3-USB, search at the dropbox files for the right file but i coudn't find the right one. The lowest one witch i could find is the 2610159.vff, Can i use this one instead?

[image]

[image]

melchior-sohilait asked
melchior-sohilait answered ·

4 Answers

Resolved: Firmware update of battery mgmt controller IP22 failed

I tried to update the firmware of the IP22 24/48 V battery mgmt controller with the VictronConnect app. I think the update failed.
Now when I try to switch on the system the status LED is continuously flashing red and nothing happens.

In VictronConnect I cannot see the IP22 anymore… :-(

What can I do?

bmuenst asked
eric-edwards commented ·

1 Answer

Charge Power Ramp Up -> MP2 5000 after Upgrade to 490

Hi Community !

I've upgraded my "Charging Only" MP2 - 5000 to Firmware V490. After upgrading i noticed that the behavior changed. With the previous V477 Firmware i got full charge power just after syncing to mains power (after powering up the unit). Now i get some kind of ramp up. It takes several minutes to get full power.

I've read the changelogs and i'm not able to find any information which would explain this behavior after upgrade.

Is there a chance to get the old functionality back ? If not: where can i download the old version of the firmware ? (its not on victron professional).

thanks a lot !

Jens

Jens Rephöhler asked

0 Answers

What to do with a MultiPlus II GX failure after bad firmware update

After (a failed?) firmware-update and restart one of our MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX just shows "Victron Enery" in the display and stopped working. Furthermore there is no LAN connectivity (can't ping, no web, no ssh). Reset (button) and completly power-off does not change anything. Is there any way to flash the firmware again (the device has no sd-card-slot, just one usb-port)? The device is in France and I'm on site for the next days. Any assistance / ideas would be appreciated :) Andreas

atmuc asked
Alexandra edited ·

2 Answers

3 Phasensytem mit Multiplus II 48/5000/70 nach Firmwareupdate auf 4.90 Zustand Aus

Hallo, ich habe ein 3 Phasensystem mit 3 neuen Multiplus II eingerichtet. Als erstes die Firmeware mit Handy auf neueste Version 4.90 aufgespielt. Dann die Einstellungen auf den ersten Multi übertragen.

Es passierte kein Neustart. In der Remote Console steht Zustand Aus, Status unbekannt. Habe dann die Einstellungen auf die 2 anderen Multis übertragen. Der 2.te lädt die Batterie. Bulk und Float blinkt. Der 3.te ist auch Aus. Habe immer noch Zugriff auf alle Multis.

Danach die Ve.Bus Einstellungen nochmals wiederholt. Auch mit Quick Configure keinen Fehler. Nochmals den Ve.Bus mit Victron Connect neu eingerichtet. Kein Fehler. Nach dem Abshluß kam die Fehlermeldung:

Nicht unterstütze Firmwareversion

Kann jemand helfen? Problem bekannt?

Gruß

Jörg

joeelb asked
joeelb answered ·

2 Answers

CCGX time set

[image]

Hi just updated to firmware version v2.65, now unable to set the correct time. Just will not save. Any one else having this problem after firmware upgrade. Rolled back to firmware v2.63 and still will not accept correct time settings, immediately jumps back to 1970-01-01. Stuck in 1970. Also error 153, see pic. Solution??

Cheers

Dave Rae asked
michaelkerrdebeer commented ·

1 Answer

Where do I get Latest Firmware Version for Multiplus 12/3000/120-16

Think topic says it all.
Where do I get the newest firmware for the MultiPlus.

Current is 2609430.

sebastian-w asked
ejrossouw commented ·

1 Answer

Serious operating problems after the latest Multiplus Qattro firmware

After last firmware update . A lot of problem there is somebody can help me also in this festive day. I manage hotel and we have a lot of problem for this :-(

aldo asked
aldo answered ·

5 Answers

Firmware Upgrade 2610xx to 2612xx

Hello, is it possible to upgrade firmware from 2610xx to 2612xx ?

The are both multis...

2610 --> MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 (+EasySolar)

2612 --> MultiPlus 24/3000/70-16

Thanks

Markus

wimmermarkus asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Mise à jour firmware CCGX - Procédure en version française

Si vous avec besoin de mettre à jour le firmware d'un Color Control GX d'une v1.x vers une v2.x, pour profiter des dernières options disponibles, voici la procédure traduite en français.

Ayant fait allemand 1ère langue, j'ai encore du mal avec la langue de Shakespeare...

Update CCGX - v1.x vers v2.x - Fr - V1.0_2021.12.23_PS.pdf

Wiki

Stéphane POLLAK asked
Stéphane POLLAK answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Compact Firmware Update Failure

While trying to complete a firmware update to a new Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80/120 via VictronConnect (laptop connection via MK3-USB) the update failed (no error code given). Now the unit shows a rapid blinking yellow "charger" light. The MK3-USB device cannot establish a connect through any of the toolkit software (VEFlash, etc.). Not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot the issue further. Submitted a help request for distributor support but hoping the group here has more ideas.

jackson510 asked

1 Answer

Old Phoenix MultiPlus (VE Configure 1) LiFePO4 settings/compatible?

Hello,
I have a Victron Phoenix Multi 12/2500/120 which is about 15 years old.

The firmware number is 1700123.

My understanding is it does not have a VE.Bus, however it can still be configured using the original VEConfigure, (but is not compatible to VEConfigure 2 or 3, and the firmware cannot be updated). Is this right?
Do I need a MK2 to USB and RJ45 cable to use VEConfigure with this unit?
Does VEConfigure allow me to change any settings which I otherwise can't change using the dip switches?

I want to use the charger for a LiFePO4 bank, can someone tell me what settings I can change using VEConfigure 1? Will I have enough control to adapt this charger for a LiFePO4 bank?

I'm also interested in what settings others using victron chargers for LiFePO4 batteries recommend.

chicchis435 asked
akl answered ·

1 Answer

VE Bus Smart Dongle and Multi Issue

hi guys! a few months ago the victron app on my phone will display only "initialising" (image below) for my inverter/charger not allowing me to view my full specs when I need to and also not allowing my to adjust the incoming amps for when connected to shore power. Has anyone here experienced this? If so how did you fix it? Thanks in advance!

[image]

mariorda91 asked
thunderbolt commented ·

1 Answer

Request for Old Multiplus Firmware version - 1958142

Can some please help me with this Older firmware number 1958142 HEX.. ? if yes, please email it into demola4000@yahoo.com

Thank you!

kuucity asked

1 Answer

Multiplus II dead after 2611491 firmware

I just have tried to update my Multiplus II 24/3000/70 with VRM / cerbo from 489 to 491.

It hangs at 40% (for 30min). Now it is in a bad state :(.

On the Multiplus all the LED are fast flashing at the same time.

Can somebody help me what to do?

(Try with VEFLASH? or a hare reset?)

Regards!

mark-ruijzenaars asked
mark-ruijzenaars answered ·

2 Answers

How to update Ve bus quattro when ve bus BMS connected

So I have a ve bus BMS connected to the system and it says I should remove the RJ 45 cable before remote updating the vebus quattro. The problem is once I remove the cable the internet goes off because the router is connected to the inverter power. How can I resolve this? Also my quattro firmware version is 460, should I update to 490?

yrys asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

1 Answer

Firmware updating to combine older and newer MultiPlus to work in parallel

My apologies for a lengthy post, but I thought a more detailed question would help for a more accurate response. I searched the forum and got a lot of good info but not exactly my situation. I am looking for some guidance in updating and reconfiguring my system. A step by step "Dummies" tutorial would be great, but maybe not necessary.

My system was originally a single MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50, with a BluePower control panel and a BMV-702 battery monitor (only way to get Bluetooth remote access at the time). This was all purchased and professionally installed in June 2016. It feeds a house bank of 6 x Full River DC400 batteries for a total of 1245 AH capacity.

Two years ago I installed an additional MultiPlus, but wired and operating in charge mode only. This was to reduce genset runtime when cruising, which we do 4-5 months each summer. I originally configured it with just the dip switches, with the expectation that eventually it would get fully wired as an inverter/charger and an overall "control panel" running and monitoring the whole works.

I recently installed a CerboGX with a Touch 50 to intially be the control panel for this second MultiPlus (still running as a charger only) with the understanding that it could and would be the grand Control Panel running both MultiPluses as a single unit (paralleled?) It is nicely talking to the second unit, I've upgraded the Cerbo firmware to current (2.73) and have used it to more accurately set battery and charging parameters. However, it is my understanding that I need to ensure the firmwares of both the MultiPlus units are at the correct level to permit this to all operate as a cohesive unit. My first indication that this isn't a trivial plug and play exercise is that the CerboGX will not communicate with the original MultiPlus. I have the MK3-USB adapter, and VEFlash and VE Configure downloaded so believe I have the tools ready to go, but want to confirm the correct order and f/w levels to do the updates.

Specifics:

1st MultiPlus - serial #HQ1537RZ6BL, f/w ver 2702158

2nd MultiPlus - serial #HQ1846742B3, f/w ver 2702430

CerboGX with Touch 50 - serial #HQ20357GUYQ, f/w ver 2.73

So if you please, which device do I update to what level of f/w, and in what order, and using what tool/method? I think I first need to use VEFlash to update the 1st Multi to some level because the Cerbo won’t talk to it right now, and then maybe use VE Configure (or VE Connect) to continue updating both devices to the same level, but I’m just not sure.

Thanks

randy-s asked
marekp edited ·

4 Answers

Cerbo not booting - flashing orange light after failed firmware update

Good Morning,

This morning I started to install the Cerbo in my system. Booting the device with minimal connections went great, and we began to connect the Quattro, Solar via USB, and BMV via VE direct.

A firmware update was detected, and we chose to update to 2.60 - at some point after telling it to perform this update, the Cerbo will no longer boot. (I assume its not booting). We were using the wifi, and check for updates, under the system menu. When it found the 2.60 update, we told it to download and install. It didn't automatically install, but showed in the list of "alternative backup firmwares" to boot from. We chose to boot 2.60 instead of 2.57 and on the next restart, the Touch 50 GX remains blank, and the red / orange Wifi light will begin flashing after a few seconds, but nothing else appears to happen.

1.) Is there a hardware or backdoor way to force the Cerbo to reboot back to the 2.57 firmware?

2.) Is there a way to connect to the Cerbo via a computer and manually push a new firmware to it?

Unfortunately going back to the dealer is a VERY lengthy issue at this point. We're in the Caribbean, and floating in French Martinique at the moment. Anything we do would require weeks and weeks of shipping each way, so hopefully there's a technical way to solve this, as I believe it's just a bad firmware boot, and going back to the old one would be fine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bryan asked
mbmike29 edited ·

5 Answers

Firmware updated but, ....

Hi everyone,

unfortunately I have installed the updated firmware but I stopped and do not know the next steps to take. Now the system is badly programmed and if I don't manually put the switches on the electric / photovoltaic grid the system only goes to the electric grid.

In the settings I noticed that the ESS and Inverter settings have disappeared ... what can I do?

marinolab asked
JohnC answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Fails Firmware Update with latest version VRM

Only Guessing, Multiplus 12/1600/70 failed to update firmware 4.89 at 40% "writing firmware". Is this the latest firmware or latest VRM?

southsideph asked
Sarah answered ·

2 Answers

Multiplus dead after 2620490 firmware

Hello,

My ESS with 2x 48/3000/50 (Parallel, one phase) system worked well, after updating to firmware 2620490 the second Multiplus is going to overload after switching on.

Removed the Parallel function, reset to stand alone, still the same.
(Of course removed all AC in- and out to test)

Flashing the Firmware back to 2620433 did NOT solved the problem, flashing the firmware was without problems.
You hear the Inverter wants to start, as you hear the Transformer a short period.

How can this happend? The system worked well for some years.
Is the Multiplus dead, and must be repaired? Or any other suggestions?

Regards,

Sander van Noort
Germany

PS. The first Multiplus is now setup as Standalone, and is working fine with the 2620490.
In winter i can live with one, but is sommer i need the extra power for a heatpump.

Sander van Noort asked
Sander van Noort answered ·

2 Answers

VE. Flash cannot find device (Quattro 2748 Firmware v155)

I've got 2x Quattro 2748 running firmware 155 (the original) and I would really like to upgrade them so I can use assistants.

I have a Microsoft Surface and a MK3 adapter. I can connect to them using VE Connect and change/save existing settings with no problems.

However, when I try to use VE. Flash I go through the entire procedure and when it gets to 'Connecting' it fails saying cannot communicate with device. I've tried a couple of different cables, but no joy.

I can't use the new Victron Connect because my firmware is too old, so I am stuck. I did see one other thread with the same problem but the chap managed to fix it by forcing Victron Connect to update, but I have no such option. I don't have access to another PC to try.

Any ideas?

rotortalk asked
elektroelch answered ·

3 Answers

Firmware update and wrong MPPT battery voltage selection

Over the past two months, I have commissioned several MPPTs. A recurrent problem following the firmware update is a low voltage system alarm. While checking the settings of the MPPT (Victron connect) I noticed that the MPPT failed to detect the right voltage level at startup and therefore leading to low voltage alarms.

I know how to fix the problem, but this situation is not ideal. Especially if I am giving support to a system installed in another country or that is connected via a can.bus (so far not supported for remote configurations with Victron Connect).

1. How could I verify and if necessary correct the system voltage remotely for a VE.Can connected MPPT device?

2. Did Victron notice this problem before? are you working to solve it?

jose-carrasco asked
jose-carrasco commented ·

1 Answer

"Ignore AC" load monitoring on L1 but not L2

I updated my MP II 120x2 firmware to 489 to resolve the excessive noise issue. The firmware did indeed fix the excessive noise present during Absorb and Float charging stages which ultimately resolves those concerns.

There may be a new development with this firmware. After further testing I have concluded that the "Ignore AC" functionality is no longer effective regarding monitoring loads on L2. It does appear to work as programmed when loads are placed on L1. I believe that the L2 loads were effective in the functionality before the firmware update. Now with the “Ignore AC” turned on and when a properly sized load on L2 is added the relay will allow the grid through for about 15 seconds and then auto switches back to “Ignore” (even though the load is still present). It will continue to cycle back and forth. If the same load is moved to L1, the functionality works as programmed and retains grid connection until load is removed. Am I wrong that L2 should function the same as L1 or is this a known limitation?

recupirate asked

0 Answers

Skylla IP44/65 Charger Storage Mode Firmware Bug

I have been observing a firmware bug in the Skylla IP44/65 chargers. This only started occurring with either the latest (1.10) or very recent firmware. Upon power-up, the charger often jumps directly into Storage mode, or cycles briefly through Bulk and into Storage. The result obviously being that the battery bank never gets charged. This is being observed on a regular basis.

As an attempted work around,I have configured setting 30 "Watch Function (start-up in storage if battery voltage > 13V)" to OFF. Though the battery voltage was not close to 13V until the charger was powered up. Initial testing shows this to have worked around the issue; we will be able to confirm over the next week as the charger goes through multiple power cycles.

We are running a pair of synchonised chargers. One is a 60A IP44 and the other a 70A IP65.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Over the past several weeks, there have been no more issues with the chargers going immediately to storage mode. So I can confirm that the workaround listed above does work.

Allan.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Allan Yates asked
malolo answered ·

1 Answer

432 Posts
176 Users