multipus Image

multipus

Multiplus Inverter "Low battery voltage and excessively high load."

My Multiplus inverter is showing the error code for Low battery voltage and excessively high load. It has been working fine for months but is suddenly throwing this error when I tried to use my 1800 Watt Air Fryer. I unplugged the airfryer and reset the inverter a few times, but it is still throwing this error. The battery voltage looks good and the batteries are fully charged, so I'm not sure what would be causing this error. I've used the air fryer 50 times before and never had an issue. Checked all fuses and breakers and everything looks good, but I feel like I must be missing something because how can it be saying excessively high load when there is now no load at all?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ericvde asked
nickdb commented ·

2 Answers

Mit Multiplus (NICHT 2) einspeisen

Hallo liebes Forum, ich bearbeite zur Zeit ein Hochschulprojekt, in dem wir ein Modelkraftwerk bauen. Wir haben eine Windanlage, zugehöriger Gleichrichter, Batterie und Multiplus. Ziel wäre es aus dem 24 V Netz über den Wechselrichter einspeisen zu können. Welche Einstellungen muss ich dabei beachten?

julian-ziegler asked
julian-ziegler edited ·

0 Answers

Multiplus-II 8kVA and 10kVA in parallel

I believe the 8kVA and 10kVA Multiplus-II's cannot be paralleled. Will this be fixed with a future software upgrade or never?

If it will be possible in future, then when?

energy asked
marekp edited ·

5 Answers

Multiplus Bulk Over Voltage - Cause resolved due to discovery of Multiplus feature

I have a Multiplus 12/1600/70-16 and recently I put it on mains charge as weather has not been good enough for solar charge and VRM is showing it pushing up to 16v in to a bank of two AGM batteries. I can't see any reason for this, any help would be appreciated. I don't know if this is temperature compensation error and now batteries have been damaged

Multiplus Config

[image]

VRM

[image]

southsideph asked
southsideph edited ·

2 Answers

Multiplus 1600VA / Photovoltaik Eigenverbrauch erhöhen mit Lifepo4

Hallo,

ich habe mir einen Victron Multiplus 1600VA gekauft. Mein Plan war, diesen sowohl in unserem Wohnwagen einzusetzen im Urlaub (dort für Unterstützung an schwachen Landanschlüssen) als auch die restliche Zeit (was ja der Großteil ist) zuhause.

Ich habe dafür eine 12V / 240Ah Lifepo4 Batterie aus Einzelzellen mit JBD BMS.

Zuhause habe ich alles in KNX, eine Solaredge PV Anlage (aus der ich mit Modbus aktuelle Einspeisung auslese) und für Visualisierung/Logiken und ähnliches Edomi.

Nun habe ich leider inzwischen, erst nach dem Kauf, herrausgefunden, dass ein ESS ja nicht geht weil nur die Multiplus 2 einen NA Schutz haben. Zudem ist ESS ja wegen dem Wohnwagen raus.

Ich wollte an den Multiplus nur einige wenige Dauerverbraucher anschließen. Ich habe rund 250-300W durchgängig Haus-Verbrauch, was hauptsächlich die Lüftungsanlage, Heizungspumpe, abends TV und ähnliches sind.

Steuern wollte ich das ganze über Modbus. Also eine simple Logik, dass: 1)genug PV Strom da, dann soll Akku geladen werden und natürlich die Verbraucher direkt versorgt, 2) nicht genug Strom zum laden aber die Verbraucher am Multiplus können durchgeleitet werden und 3) nicht genug Strom, es sollen die Verbraucher aus der Batterie versorgt werden und bei zu geringer Batterie-Spannung das Netz verwendet werden.

Mein Problem sind nun die 3 Stati. Ich kann den Multiplus ja nur auf Ein, Aus, Nur Inverten, Nur Laden stellen. Es fehlt mir quasi die Möglichkeit zu sagen "Durchleiten" und zum anderen die Möglichkeit die Ladefunktion zu beeinflussen.

Hat jemand einen Tip für mich, in welche Richtung ich da ggf. schauen könnte oder wie man das lösen könnte?

marpre81 asked

0 Answers

Multiplus 12/3000 and Phoenix Multi Control

Does a Multiplus 12/3000 form 2022 work together with a 12 years old Phoenix Multi Control?

im-radeberger asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Zwei getrennte Wohneinheiten, zwei MultiplusII und ein gemeinsames LIFEPO System?

Wir haben zwei Zähler im Haus (Büro und Wohnen). Für die PV Anlage sind zwei Strings mit je einem Wechselrichter und je einem Multiplus II 48/5000 geplant, eben einer für Büro und einer für Wohnen.Ideal wäre wenn man beide Multiplus an nur ein großes (48kw oder 64kw) Lifepo System anschließen könnte um die Kapazität optimal auf beide Wohneinheiten zu verteilen. Ist das in dieser Konstellation möglich und ist etwas zu beachten?

markus-e asked
markus-e answered ·

3 Answers

MultiPlus C 12/2000/80-50 120V won't charge

Hi there, I just connect my inverter up in the van and I can't get it to charge. I have the input limit set at 9. The cerbo gx is showing active ac input disconnected and AC-In L1 at 121V, what did I do wrong?

[image]

Please help! Also is there a way to update the firmware using just the Cerbo gx and a multiplus controller. I'm not see it on the victron iphone app

Mitchell Woody asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 12/2000 low voltage alerts

I am in the US and have the multiplus 12/2000. I started getting low voltage alerts, first reading 11.90volt then 9.*volt then 7, 4 2 then even ZERO volts and up to 5.56 and no nothing again. I have two battle born 100amp/hr batteries and they are charged, 13.77 at last look. I checked the fuse and shunt, there is 13.77 volts AND direct battery voltage (at that time) so I know it is not the batteries. The inverter is not putting out any power.

It has only been in service 5 months, used for 5-6 camping trips.

Any ideas?

Keith from NY

100mpgus asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Inverter Product line

I am shopping for a 1600VA inverter. Can somebody briefly explain the differences between the plastic cased (what i assume is a newer line) and the metal case "compact" line.

I already have a charger, but I am open to the idea of maybe combining them. But both the Multiplus and the Phoenix seem to have this plastic/metal variants.

There also appears to the "smart" line (not that big a fan of bluetooth, for this mobile home application). In total there appear to be 4 different 1600VA inverters. Thanks.

zoneblue asked

0 Answers

Why does my Multiplus not ever indicate float?

My Victron Multiplus doesn’t ever appear to reach float state and continues to indicate absorption continuously. I’ve heard that float is disabled for lithium batteries, so maybe seeing absorption indicated is normal? I have Victron smart lithium batteries (4 X 200AH in parallel). I have the multiplus configured for lithium, fixed charge curve, 14.2 V absorption, 13.5 float, 2 hours absorption time and 7 day absorption interval, 14.0 charged voltage. The system includes a Lynx BMS, Cerbo and 3 Lynx distributors.

jimgeier asked
Stefanie commented ·

1 Answer

Batteries Now Only Charge to 88%

I've had my system set up for a year now. No problems. Using CerboGX with Touch50, Smart Solar 250/100, Multiplus 48/5000 and a battery bank of 4 Pylontech US3000.

Looks like I've encountered my first hiccup. I have the touch screen display for my cerboGX, and check it every so often. Today I noticed the MPPT was not sending any more electricity to the batteries. It seemed to be treating 88% charged as if it were 100%. I confirmed this by running a pump in the house. The sun was shining outside. When the pump was on, I could read the (-) amp draw from the battery bank, and when the pump cycled off, the MPPT compensated accordingly and sent an equivalent amount back to the batteries, until it reached a full 88% charge again. Battery health on the monitor states 99%.

I certainly haven't changed any settings lately. Actually, I haven't made any modifications since the installation one year ago. The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is about a week ago, I was moving a floor fan in the room, and the back of it accidentally touched the switch on the inverter, which turned it off. I turned it back on promptly. Maybe I've been having this problem since then, but can't say, because today was the first day I payed attention to the display since then.

What do you think is causing the system to treat 88% charged as if it were 100% charged? It will not go above 88%. The six LED charging indicator lights on the front of the batteries also only show 5/6 lights illuminated.

agroventuresperu asked
agroventuresperu answered ·

6 Answers

ESS battery level charging and inverter own consumption

Hello I'm quite new and Victron system was started only few days ago. But I'm observing few unexplained situations. Maybe you can help me.

1. Battery ignores minimal SOC (set to 10%) continues discharge until 5%, then starts charging from grid with 4kW until it reaches 10% and then continues with cca 500W to charge until 13% and then starts again discharging.

1.1. I was thinking that when it reaches minimal SOC it will go to idle and stay there until charged by solar panels, what I understand wrong?

1.2. I was thinking that when grid charging is disabled it means battery is not charged from grid, what I understand wrong?

2. If I look at VRM portal I see Grid, AC loads, Battery, PV charger, but when I calculate the sum I miss 100 to 500W, is this own consumption of Victron equipment? (you can calculate from any of the pictures, discharging 'misses' 109W, Charging1 382W, Charging2 188W)

3. UPS functionality does not work, by power outage lights stay, but clock and remote switches got reset, is there a way to fix this?

My system: 16x IBC solar 450 Wp, 3x Victron Multiplus 5000 (three phase setup), 2x Victron MPPT 250/70, 1x BYD LVS 4kWh, 1x Victron color GX

Attached pictures:

Discharging.jpgDischarging: Battery discharging even under 10%
Charging1.jpgCharging2.jpgCharging: How the battery is charged from grid
Expected.jpgExpected: This is what I expect to see when battery is less than 10%, please compare with Discharging picture

Thank you

Peter

peter79 asked
peter79 edited ·

3 Answers

Limit Multiplus current or high current alarm

I have Multiplus 3000/12/120, BMV-712, and Cerbo.

My batteries are slightly undersized given the full current capability of the Multiplus. They can produce 200A continuous and 400A for a few seconds.

One option is to simply limit AC use, and monitor the current being drawn from the batteries.

What automated options are there? Can the Multiplus be programmed to limit the current draw? Can BMV or Cerbo be programmed to alarm when current is over a set value? Any other ideas or recommendations?

cw8 asked
johanndo edited ·

2 Answers

Multiplus Ground Relay with RCD on output AC

I have a 1600VA Multiplus on a vehicle with a 20ma RCD on the AC output of my Multiplus.

With this configuration, I don't understand the point of using a ground relay when the AC input is disconnected. To explain my point of view, I hypothesize that there is a malfunction in my installation and that the phase L touches the bodywork of my vehicle.

Option 1: Ground Relay Off
During a malfunction of this type, the most problematic in this configuration without ground relay is that the bodywork of the vehicle could be connected to the AC phase of the Multiplus without causing a stoppage of the Multiplus. In this case, if a person touches the bodywork and he is inside the vehicle, he is then touching the phase but the current has no way of returning to neutral, so no problem. If a person touches the bodywork and they are outside the vehicle, then the current could pass through it and go directly to earth, thus causing an imbalance between phase and neutral and the RCD will then trip to protect the person.

Option 2: Ground Relay On
If the phase of the Multiplus connects to the bodywork, phase and neutral will be connected together causing the immediate tripping of the Multiplus with a short circuit. This option is more secure because it immediately causes a stoppage of the Multiplus.

On the other hand, there is another hypothesis where the option 2 can be a problem in my opinion. If a person touches the output phase of the Multiplus (example of an intervention on a AC power socket in the vehicle) and this person is also in contact with the bodywork of the vehicle, in this case there is a danger. Indeed, the current will pass from the phase in its body will arrive on the bodywork connected to the neutral and the RCD will not detect any imbalance. The person will then transform into an electrical charge without there being a tripping of the RCD or Multiplus.

For my opinion, the option 1, RCD and no ground relay protects in all scenarios while option 2, RCD and ground relay may cause security problems in the last scenario above.

Thanks for your help

christelle asked
christelle edited ·

2 Answers

41 Posts
39 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
120 Points
southsideph
80 Points