bug report Image

bug report

75/15 MPPT and insufficient PV error with Firmware 1.59 issue

Hi folks,

I have a victron 75/15 MPPT hooked up to a 160w panel and 200ah AGM leisure battery, the system has been working flawlessly for years, battery replaced when needed but no issues at all, however, suddenly after upgrading to firmware version 1.59 I constantly get the insufficient PV error.

I have tried using a different panel, and different battery to no difference, having discussed this on Reddit in the victron community there,‘I’ve come across two others who also seen the same issue after upgrading to 1.59

Is there anything I can do about this, have victron issued any statements about faulty firmware, or is there a way for me to roll back to previous version which worked without any issue at all?

David Kennedy asked
andy-h commented ·

22 Answers

Not receiving alarm alerts from VRM

Hello

An interesting problem.

I have set a few rules for alerts on a number of sites.

These are ranging from Grid lost alarms on the GX to battery SOC warnings. An example is the one attached now.

I did to two GX file uploads recently for offline sites and they had a high number of alarms on it (over six months of data) and the VRM did disable alerts for a time. (I cleared the status from that). However that was for a totally different site to the one attached. And now on checking none of the sites have sent alerts despite having logged several alarm states.

Not sure if it is a bug or something related to the two big data uploads

[image]

Alexandra asked
Stefanie commented ·

0 Answers

CCGX not showing MPPT 150/70

I have lost the MPPT 150/70 on the colour control. I have changed the cable,tried connecting another device through MPPT and the second device shows on CCGX but not the MPPT 150/70

leigh horton asked
captks commented ·

2 Answers

VRM Widgets on Android don't auto update anymore

VRM Widgets on Android don't auto update anymore.

They didn't on launching, but this was fixed, now it is broken again since ca 1 week

harold asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

VRM Stuck Alarm Bug

[image]

On the latest 2.90-26 RC this bug still exists. When a VRM instance ID on the raspberry pi flip-flops (Which is a different bug all together) if an alarm existed it does not clear in VRM and is stuck in alarm state forever. See a photo attached from my VRM portal. How can we clear phantom alarms?

pciccone asked
pciccone edited ·

0 Answers

Is this a MPPT bug or am I configured wrong?

My Setup:

• Multiplus 12/3K
  • VE Bus
  • MPPT 100/50
  • Cerbo GX
  • Linx Shunt

Battery Bank is:

• 3x 206ah LiPo

On Battery #1:

• Temp Sensor connected to MPPT

On Battery #2

• Temperature Sensor connected to VE Bus Dongle

MPPT, Cerbo & VE Bus are all part of VE.Smart network.

MPPT , Multiplus & shunt are hard wireed to the Cerbo GX by their various forms of cables.

With the Temperature sensor connected to the MPPT, voltage and Temperature report correctly on the Victron connect app MPPT Display

With the addition of temperature sensor connected to the VE Bus Dongle, the MPPT reports that external battery voltage and temperature will be synced from it.

The Temperature is reported on the connect app display as double the actual temperature while voltage remains correctly reported

So I ask ...

Is this doubling of temperature a bug?

Are multiple temperatures seniors allowed?

If only one Temperature sensor is to be used then what device ( MPPT or VE Bus) and which battery

davidrickling asked
nickdb answered ·

2 Answers

New VRM bugs?

I have some new, and not so new issues with VRM:

Aside from the recent login issues which seem to be OK now, also:

GPS data, the link to download data (which I usually do on my iPad and open the GPS tracks in google earth) no longer work. Clicking the link either generates no response (where I’d usually get an option to open in google earth, or other…), or it opens VRM in a new browser window, endless loop…

Also I find it very frustrating that VRM world won’t work on my phone, though it works on my iPad. I know it’s awkward to interact with it on my phone, but really I just want to search the list as a quick way to find an public installation.

adev asked
adev commented ·

1 Answer

IS the VRM Portal having issues since they updated?

Both my phone and laptop VRM readings seem stuck on a couple days ago readings. Doesn't match what is actually going on. I tried clearing cache on my browsers as well and didn't resolve.

SIde note using latest edge and chrome browsers

roxyroller asked
roxyroller edited ·

3 Answers

VRM BUG REPORT

New VRM portal still has the old reported bugs:

Advanced tab: dcsource devices not listed, despite showing up in Devices tab, but they can be selected in a custom widget.

custom widget: water tank values show up in Liter, unit says M3.

custom widget: temp sensors not listed with their custom name, but with their hardware id. Custom name is available and shows up properly on the VRM dashboard.

johanndo asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

1 Answer

Invalid Solar Controller State in VRM

The lollypop on the VRM page shows the PV Charger state as "Off". However, the state of the solar charger is "Bulk". See attached photos. These pics were taken at basically the same time (within a few seconds). This behavior is easily reproduced on my system. IMHO, the VRM page is in error. An interesting side note that may help to track this down is that when I also energize the second solar controller, the VRM state changes to "Bulk".

@mvader do you guys have any insight on this behavior?

[image]

[image]

jonmarinello asked
jonmarinello commented ·

7 Answers

Bug: battery state of charge keeps changing to 100% (GX Touch and VRM)

We have 1200amph Lifeblue batteries, and after installing latest firmware updates, we see now, that at some point SOC just randomly keeps changing to 100%. Not sure what is the right way to submit a bug, would love to provide more information

Cerbo GX: v2.89

[image]

outcoldman asked
outcoldman commented ·

1 Answer

Bug? Phoenix Inverter 12/500 - zero percent load displayed, but graphic gauge shows load

Dear Victron energy,

I have a brand new Phoenix Inverter 12/500 230V. There is always "0 Load %" displayed, when the load is connected. Graphic gauge displays load correctly, see image. I tested iPhone iOS app and Mac OS app, both are acting the same.

I disconnected inverter from battery twice for many seconds to force restart, nothing has changed.

Inverter firmware: 1.21

Bluetooth dongle Rev3 firmware: 2.36, bootloader: 1.15

Is it a bug or what I can do to resolve this issue please? Thank you in advance for your support.

Martin

[image]

martin-kup asked
martin-kup edited ·

0 Answers

Wiring Unlimited Example 2

Excellent "Wiring Unlimited" summary! I just have one suggestion:

At the top of page 8, your 2nd example says:

Let’s take the original example and now calculate for a cable with a cross-section of 2.5 m^2.

which is clearly a typo, but will lead to lots of confusion amongst many who are not so clear about this stuff. As you well know, this should be 2.5 mm^2.

gafenton asked
kevgermany edited ·

0 Answers

VictronConnect v5.70 Update Quitting Unexpectedly With Monterey 12.4

Updated to VictronConnect v5.70 through App Store on my MacBook Pro. V5.70 is quitting unexpectedly since doing update.

Deleted V5.70 with AppCleaner & Uninstaller, removed Bluetooth settings and rebooted MBP and reinstalled VictronConnect v5.70 through App Store.

Same issue - VictronConnect quitting unexpectedly.

kevinvh asked
kevinvh commented ·

9 Answers

VRM: Grid visualization in Dashboard not correct

In the VRM Dashboard, grid outages (or disconnections) are not visualized correctly. In the following graph, grid was disconnected marked with the left green dot, and connected marked with the right green dot:

[image]

VRM interpolates these two with a straight line, which suggests there was a continuous grid connection with increasing grid usage. The advanced view is almost correct:

[image]

So I would very much appreciate if also the Dashboard visualization could be made more correct-ish.

petajoule asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

1 Answer

Followers

94 Posts
83 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts