system design Image

system design

PVSyst Victron OND files

Hi all, seems there's is no such info available (OND files) to upload Victron products data base to PVSyst. It turns that there is a lot of demand on those products but is not possible to run simulations with out data.

alan-gonzalez asked
pablosol2 answered ·

1 Answer

3.8kw Offgrid: Victron EasySolar 2 48v.35 with mppt 250/70 3000w Design + Fuses

Is the below correct before I go further? Thanks in-advance

PV 3.8kw Offgrid: Victron EasySolar 2 48v.35 with mppt 250/70 3000w

1. Panels = 10 x JA SOLAR JM60S20 380/MR 380W VOC 41.62 V VMP 34.77 V ISC 11.47 A MP 10.93 A CLASS II MAX SYS 1000V, MAX AMP 20 TOTAL 3,8KW

2. two strings 5 x 2 in series and wired series parallel, only one mppt and costly for another so all panels same direction height etc.PV Wiring = 6mm x 10m to inverter from shortest end 17m from last panel. 2 shocty diodes inline on each string + 1000v/20a to prevent reverse polarity. Then 32a 1000v disconnect before going to inverter

3. Storage Pylontech 3000 and 3000c with 2m pylontech victron cables of correct size with 2 x 120a fuses on each pole.

4. AC As this is not mains connected I am wondering what sort of consumer unit as have a few given to me but only need one ring main - .2 at the most for garden tools, But note easysolar has 2 ac outputs, does this mean no consumer unit is needed?

Does this configuration sound ok?

Andrew asked
Andrew answered ·

2 Answers

Input on off-grid system

Hello everyone,

I have a plan for an off-grid system that I wanted to run by you guys for input:

Solarpanels: 32 x 420w Sunpower tot 13.4Kw (already purchased) will be installed to fit with the MPPT (string and parallel)

Inverter: 3x Victron Energy Quattro 8000 Watt 48 Volt Inverter & 110 Amp Battery Charger 230 VAC

MPPT: 4x SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100

2x BYD Battery-Box Premium LVL 15.4

1x Victron Color Control GX

If anyone has any input (good or bad) I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bettina

beov44 asked
beov44 answered ·

9 Answers

Can the multi RS solar handle a 4600Wp solar panel system?

I have 4600 Wp of solar panels (divided in two strings). Can this be connected to a multi RS solar? If not, what is the best setup to accomplish this, knowing that I also want to connect a battery?

prufrock asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

System Alarm Grid Lost

For a few days now we've been getting a system alarm that says "Grid Lost." I can highlight it on our CCGX screen, but it doesn't go away. (I.E. The warning triangle in the top of the screen keeps flashing no matter what I do.) It also does not register on the VRM site under Alarm Logs...

We have not lost grid power once in this time period.

I do however use the CCGX's relay and it's automatic Generator on/off rules to tell the Quattro when to pull power from the grid. (I do this so we can use the energy stored in our batteries first.) So while the Shorepower meter shows zero, we are still connected to the grid.

We also have a PV inverter connected to our Quattro's 230v output, which gave me a grid error once, but I've not seen that happen again. (Meaning it might have but then went away before I noticed it...)

Did something change in the firmware to cause us to get this alarm?

We were running 2.51 but it also happened when I updated it to 2.52.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Scott

scottnelson asked
nickdb commented ·

4 Answers

Which MPPT solar charge controller for 10kWp Solar PV and system experience

Can anyone advise if this Solar PV + Battery system is possible and also which MPPT solar charge controller/s should be used with it? It would be in grid parallel topology and in the UK. I've included photos below with the technical data for the inverter, panels and batteries, along with the topology diagram.

• VICTRON ENERGY MULTIPLUS-II 48V 10000VA 140A 100A – PMP483105000 Inverter
  • 26x 390W Q Cells ML Mono Q Peak Duo G9 Black Frame Panels (10.14kWp)
  • 4x Pylontech US5000 4.8kWh batteries

If you have any advice or experience of a similar system, I'd be interested to know your thoughts. thanks

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

rob-burg asked
nickdb answered ·

2 Answers

Looking for professional system designer to help with EV Refit of a 48' Motor Yacht

[image]

Looking to hire/collaborate with a system designer who has previous experience designing a system for a motor yacht or sailboat. It can be globally based. We can collaborate over the internet using draw.io. I've created a rough diagram of my idea.

Please find my diagram here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_cgSoFykH7BRqq-ECAIdWs_vHTshDzvJ

I've posted the job here on UpWork where you can define your hourly rate for this job and get started right away securely:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01247ccfe86909cddb

Looking forward tow working with you :)

D S asked
safiery commented ·

1 Answer

Planungshilfe für PV-Anlage Carport / Fassade + Batteriepark

Hallo an die Community,

ich plane aktuell 2 Projekte und irgendwann sieht man den Wald vor Bäumen nicht mehr.

Ich beabsichtige 2 Flächen mit PV-Modulen zu belegen und beide Flächen sollen in erster Linie eine im Aufbau befindliche Batterie speisen und nachrangig die Last bedienen.

Als Modul kommt für mich infrage das JA Solar 410 Wp (STC Daten: Voc 37.32, Isc 13.95, Vmp 31.45, Imp 13.04, Koeff V -0.275%/°C) und für die Batterien liebäugle ich mit den Pylontech US3000C 48V, 3.5kWh. Ich möchte gerne zunächst mit einer Batterie beginnen und nach finanziellen Möglichkeiten bis auf 10kWh++ erweitern.

Für die Fläche Carport veranschlage ich 18 Module und für die Fläche Fassade 20 Module.

Die gesamte Solar-Geräteinstallation und Batteriepark soll an einer Stelle in den Keller kommen.

Das Carport ist etwa 50m Kabellänge vom Installationspunkt entfernt, die Fassade ca. 4m Kabellänge.

Nun zu meinen Fragen:

1. Welches Stringdesign macht am meisten Sinn für das Carport. Die PV-Module kommen flach auf das Dach. Macht es Sinn, einen großen Laderegler für den Array zu kaufen oder sollte man lieber parallelisieren und wenn ja, welcher Laderegler wäre eine gute Idee für meinen konkreten Fall?

Meine bisherige Überlegung / Rechnung war folgende:

3 x 6 Strings bei Voc(-15°C) 41,6V / Modul = 249V pro String auf einen Victron 250/100. Wäre das in Ordnung?

2. Bei der Fassade werde ich wegen der Teilverschattungen durch eine Hecke vier 4 horizontale Strings mit 5 in Reihe geschalteten Modulen machen müssen. Wie bringe ich dieses Layout gescheit in den 48V Stromkreis?

Vielen Dank für Eure Tipps!

fbkreon asked

0 Answers

Large scale system design

Hi there everyone.

I have been involved in the renewable energy sector for a number of years now, and have installed many small scale systems but have been asked to be involved in the design and install of a large scale system. I understand that 6 x 15kw multiplus II units can be connected in parallel totalling 90kw for one phase, and that three sets of these can be connected together for a three phase installation. So that would be a system totalling 270kw for the 3 phase installation.

This would be sufficient for the first stage of the project, but as the project is expanded in years to come, is it possible to add another independent 270kw system to the existing installation on a common three phase bus supplying the facility?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

dsedgman asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Circuit Breaker ... which one is best?

I'm looking to put a 60A waterproof circuit breaker (in engine compartment) on the input to my Orion Tr-Smart 12/12-30

Any recommendations? I want to stay away from the Amazon imports....

I'm looking at the:

• EGIS 4703-060 - Made in USA
  • Mechanical Products 175-S0-060 - Made in USA
  • Blue Sea 285-7184

Thanks

Glen

Glen Carter asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Help with battery switchs for motorhome?

I am in the process of designing the system for my motorhome looking for help to configure the system disconnects. The main components:

• 4- 440W solar panels > 4 DC breakers/disconnects > 4 MPPT 100|30 > Lynx Power In
  • 8- 100Ah Lion UT-1300 > 2 - Lynx Power In
  • MultiPlus II 12 | 3000 | 120 2x120
  • Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Non-Isolated 12 | 12 | 30

I plan on a Battery switch on the starter battery negative terminal.

The coach system, I am planning to use a Shallco Bi-Stable Latching Relay BR-300-12-1-34 on the main negative terminal of the Lynx Power In before the Smart Shunt.

This should provide 100% battery disconnect from system. At this point the MPPT should turn off.

My question is: with the motorhome being all electric (no propane) is there any need for additional battery switches on the 12V input to MultiPlus II and/or the Solar output from the Lynx Power In?

This is my preliminary diagram

[image]

Glen Carter asked
Glen Carter answered ·

3 Answers

Rolle des Netzzählers ET-340

Hallo,
ich bin noch relativ neu in dem ganzen ESS und PV-Thema. Inzwischen habe ich mein System aber dank Unterstützung zum Laufen bekommen.

Vorhanden ist ein MultiPlus II, 2x Pylontech Akkus mit je 2,4 KW, Venus GX und PV-Anlage mit 1400 W, die über 230V in das System am AC-Out des MultiPlus gespeist werden.

Nun mal eine Frage zu den Einstellmöglichkeiten des Energiezählers ET-340.
Es gibt die Einstellung "Netzzähler" und unter anderem "AC Energiemesser". Aktuell ist er auf "Netzzähler" eingestellt und das System funktioniert.

Allerdings ist unsere Wohnung nicht der einzige Verbraucher nach dem Hauptzähler der Stadt. Es gibt mehrere Abgänge und wir haben dann in der Wohnung wieder ein Zwischenzähler. Danach folgt direkt der ET-340.

Jetzt möchte ich natürlich nicht die Überschüssige Energie in die Leitung zum Zähler einspeisen, damit sich die anderen Verbraucher am Ende des Jahres freuen, dass sie Energie gespart haben.
Vorrangig sollen bei genügend vorhandener PV-Leistung erst mal die Akkus geladen werden.
Deshalb dachte ich, wenn ich die Rolle des ET-340 auf "AC Energiemesser" einstelle, würde er nur zu meinen Verbrauchern entladen, wenn auch welche aktiv also eingeschaltet sind.

Leider verhält sich die Umstellung so, dass der Wechselrichter auf "Durchleiten" steht und er meine Verbraucher nicht mehr erkennt. Auch ein Neustart des Venux GX hat leider nicht dafür gesorgt, dass er die Lasten wieder erkennt. Habe aktuell die Einstellung wieder zurück geändert.

So sehen die beiden Fälle im Dashboard aus:

[image]

[image]

Hat jemand eine Idee zu meinem Problem? Oder verstehe ich die Einstellung "AC Energiemesser" falsch?

thomasl78 asked
thomasl78 commented ·

5 Answers

System setup Help

I apologize in advance for the help I'm asking for.

I have a 100/30 SmartSolar controller, 1x SmartShunt 500A, 1x Energy Smart Battery sense, 3x Renogy 12v 100Ah AGM (parallel), 6x HQST 12v 100w Mono panel in series to parallel (24v) and 1x Battery protect (Not connected) in a 5th wheel camper.

I just switched from a EPever 30A controller which was charging fine, according to the controller. My data now is all over the board and my bank isn't getting charged properly. I know its alot to ask but what a need is a step by step, entry by entry instruction on how to setup my system. A link would be great as I realize this is alot to ask for.

Thank you all for your time.

Cheers

Greagoir

greagoir asked
seb71 commented ·

1 Answer

Quattro 48/15000 90 kVA System

Hi everyone, We are working on an off-grid system with backup desiel generator and battery bank to feed a communication tower with 48.4kW load for 24 hours a day. In the based design I'm using (3-phase Quattro 48/15000 (6 units) + BYD B-Box 51.2V LVS 24kWh (5 units) for backup + Longi Bifacial panels 530Wp (160 modules) + MPPT Charge Controller 250/100 (15 units)).

1-will this 84.4kwp of solar PV panels provide required power for the system?

2- Can I use SmartSolar MPPT RS 450|200 (9 units) instead of MPPT Charge controller 250/100 (15 units)? it is sufficient?

mohammed-npc asked
sharpener answered ·

1 Answer

System Design Questions

My install in our Riverstone 5th wheel consists of the following:

(2) SmartSolar MPPT 150/60 solar charge controllers

(2) MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 Inverters

(1) Lynx Power In

(2) Lynx Distributors

(10) 200 watt Rich Solar panels

Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50

Victron 120-240/100A Autotransformer

(8) BB 100AH LiFePO4 batteries

Orion TR Smart 12/12 30 amp iso.acted smart charger

The inverters are already hanging in the front pass-through, and the DC-DC charger, MPPTs, and DC In, DC distributors are mounted on a board in the front generator compartment above the door on the front wall. The Autotransformer will get hung next to the inverters.

- I plan to use 2/0 cable for the interconnects between the cells, and 4/0 cabling between the battery bank and the DC in. The battery output to the DC In will have a Blue Sea 600 amp disconnect and a fuse. The battery will be connected in one bank fo

- I also recently installed an Onan 6500 watt commercial RV generator (rig had generator prep option so the install was pretty straight forward).

- I plan on wiring two pairs of 10 AWG wiring from the solar panels to the charge controllers (wired in two banks of 5 panels). I already have a breaker enclosure and (2) two pole breakers to be able to disconnect the input to the charge controllers).

- I plan on using 2/0 cabling between the Lynx Distributor and the DC input to the inverters, and each will have a Blue Sea Systems 600 amp DC disconnect switch.

- For the DC-DC charger I plan on running 6 AWG cabling from my trucks alternator (2019 F-450, has dual alternators rated at 397 amps), to the bed of the truck near the 7 pin and utilize an Andersen connector.

Questions I have:

1 - what size cabling between the inverter AC output and the autotransformer input and from autotransformer output and AC distribution panel?

2 - Is a breaker needed between the inverters and the autotransformer, and between the autotransformer and the AC distribution panel?

3 - In your video you mentioned you ran the solar cables from the roof through the forward gray tank vent. How did you exit the vent pipe once inside the rig?

4 - For the DC-DC charger, how did I route the wiring from the DC-DC charger to the bed of the truck? Can I just push a fish tape and try and follow the trailer side of the 7-pin wiring?

5 - With the DC-DC charger installed, do I need to disable the charging wire coming from the 7-pin?

6 - My Riverstone already has a factory inverter installed that runs the refrigerator, TV, recliners, and a few outlets and I don’t plan to mess with that setup. Any issues there?

7 - What size disconnect do I need between the battery bank and the Lynx DC in?

8 - I am considering adding a lead acid battery to start the generator - what would be the best method to charge that and the house bank while the generator is running?

9 - The rig came with 1 factory solar panel and charge controller. I removed the factory panel and will be removing the factory charge controller - once I find it.

10 - I assume I don’t need to mess with the factory battery charger - or do I once the MultiPlus inverter chargers are up and running?

11 - What size fuse am I looking at for the battery output to the DC In.

12 - What is the best method for connecting the inverter AC output to the breaker panel in my rig?

I am sure more questions will pop up, and I really could use a wiring diagram showing all of the interconnects, breakers, disconnects, etc.

Please let me know what your design services will cost and how to move forward. Additionally, what would it cost to have you come out here to CT and help me do the install?

I already have pretty much everything I need, with the exception of any breakers needed on output side of the inverters, inverter output cabling, and a couple other little things.

I was a nuclear electronics technician in the Navy for 20 years so I am pretty savvy on this stuff, but want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks

ct-mike asked

0 Answers

Followers

169 Posts
157 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

marekp
123 Points
nickdb
111 Points