question

dusty avatar image
dusty asked

Phoenix 12/375 - currently 230V but need to go to 110V

Have 5 year old Inverter that states 12/375. Have bought VE to |USB cable to re-configure but settings only allow me to go to 210V.

Is there a work around for this?

TIA

Dusty

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you are changing tha AC in only, then an auto transformer is required to convert the 110 into 220 /230V. The inverter will still output 230V as set by VE configure. you can't set this by software to a 110V - the inverter transformers are different.

If you need 110 out as well as in, then a 2nd auto transformer or a new inverter will be required.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dusty avatar image dusty commented ·
Sorry Mike, I don't quite understand.

I am on a sailboat and the input voltage to the inverter is 12 V dc (lead acid batteries). The output voltage is 230V AC. Due to being in USA now, I need the output voltage to be 110V AC.

The software does not seem to let me change the output voltage from 230V to 110V, seem to stop at 210V.

Is there a way around this?

TIA

Rick

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The 230 volt and 120 volt units are different models. No way to change in software or internal jumpers.

As Mike suggested, you can use a transformer on the inverter output to step down the voltage.

Normally, a boat is designed for either 120 or 240 volts for all loads and shore power is what needs to adapt to the locality. With an inverter only, I don't see why you'd be switching between 230 and 120 volts based on your location, unless you are refitting your boat with all new appliances. Then a new inverter probably makes the most sense.

2 |3000

Related Resources