question

inlander avatar image
inlander asked

GX 140 Tank Problem Seeing Voltage Option

Hi

We've got a problem with the tank senders not showing up on the Cerbo Touch Screen

We use voltage tank senders by supplied MSC Boat Products. We have checked the voltage to and from the senders and all is good. However on the Cerbo Touch Screen we are not getting the option in the 'Setup' menu that shows 'Sensor Type' Voltage as per the instruction manual - we've had to set it as Custom as no Voltage option is shown. On the device list it is also showing as disconnected but clicking on the device sub menu it is showing as connected.

SN: HQ2105VRX9R

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I had no issue setting up my GX tank 140 with 3 of the MSC senders.

have you been to the menu settings, I/O, analogue inputs and scrolled down to "GX tank HQ2105VRX9R Input 1" to "GX tank HQ2105VRX9R input 4" and turned those on. Do not turn on the first items "Tank level input 1" to 4 as these are the native ones in the Cerbo. This is the only potential for confusion that i can think of.

screenshot-20210827-161908.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

inlander avatar image inlander commented ·
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately this doesn't correspond to the info displayed, i go into the I/O menu , select analogue inputs I then have listed 4 Tank Level Sensors and 4 Temp Sensors listed, nothing else. So I assume the GX Tank is not "seen" by the system/ touch screen?
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Which USB port is it connected to, the Cerbo GX manual says the USB port next to the HDMI port can only be used for the touch screen so the GX Tank 140 should be connected to one of the other USB ports. My GX Tank 140 does not show up on the device list, just the 3 tanks I have set up.

2 |3000

inlander avatar image
inlander answered ·

It is connected to the usb port closest to the end of the unit, the central one is occupied by a further device. the colour display is indeed in the port next to the HDMI port which is identified as a power only port. I am going to interchange the usb plugs in the ports to see if this changes anything.

When you say you scrolled down to GX Tank HQ2105VRX9R Input 1 I am assuming you found this in the list of analogue devices? If this is the case then this is where my problem lies as they are not in my lists

4 comments
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Here are 2 photos of my devices list, 3 tanks listed, nothing specific for the Tank 140. Next are 2 photos of the analog inputs with the Tank 140 inputs at the bottom to be turned on if required. Once turned on they then appear in the device list so you can then set them up.

I have no more ideas about why you are having issues.

img-20210915-183730.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

xximg-20210915-183740.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

xximg-20210915-184619.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

xximg-20210915-183838.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You may need to update Venus OS (GX device firmware). I don't remember when the GX Tank support started but the current release (v2.73) certainly does support it.

4 comments
2 |3000

inlander avatar image inlander commented ·
Kevin Windrem, Thanks for your comment, I don't suppose you can advise how to establish how to establish the firmware version I have and how to update this if needed.

0 Likes 0 ·

If your Cerbo is connected to the internet then it should already haved downloaded the latest version intk memory. Go to

Menu, settings, firmware, online updates, update available.
0 Likes 0 ·
inlander avatar image inlander pwfarnell commented ·
pwfarnell, thanks V2.61 on a new supplied unit, no internet connection as yet though Ill keep you posted Thanks again
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem inlander commented ·

You can also download the latest firmware onto a USB memory stick and insert that into Cerbo. Then navigate to the Firmware menu and choose SD/USB update (or whatever it's called).

This link will always be the latest released version for Cerbo:

venus-swu-einstein.swu

0 Likes 0 ·
inlander avatar image
inlander answered ·

Firmware is now updated and I have the two 12v senders registered and set up reading the levels on the two tanks as a percentage on the "menu" screen, what I don't have is the ability to view the tank levels as shown in the screen shot supplied by pwfarnell above. Any further pointers would be great and thank you again for all the assistance.so far.

2 comments
2 |3000

Go to Menu, settings, display and language then select "show tanks overview" on. You could also select " boat & motorhome overview " on and get the tanks on that screen.
img-20210916-140250.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

xximg-20210916-140311.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic